Is OP too OP?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
@Abdiel
It is. And yes it is also by passing power. But you can say that about other things when doing with a mod pack. Using Steve's farms for biomass creating? Well your bypassing Forestry's own system for getting plants to fermenter. Using RP tubes in your quarry? Well your bypassing BCs own system for that.

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
Bypassing stuff of other mods makes a mod pack fun, if I wanted to play each mod individually I would. If an author doesn't like that he/she has 2 options, 1) don't allow his/her mod to be used in packs (Better than Wolves?) or 2) Improve the aspects people avoid to the point people like them more than the alternatives.

But I don't think mod creators really care (at least not of the mods in FTB), I mean if they would then why give us all these ways to convert power? I mean Forestry cuts itself by adding an engine that converts IC2 Solar Power into BC MJ power. If Sengir really would mind that than he probably wouldn't have added that engine.
Also, Forestry, Railcraft and Thermal Expansion are (originally) BC add-ons, they are supposed to give alternatives to the regular BC stuff and if the author of BC really had an issue with those add-ons he wouldn't have created BC to be as open as it is for modding (as far as I know BC is designed to allow people to add their own stuff quite easily, if the author has a problem with that he wouldn't have designed it that way). And most of those add-ons add ways to generate IC2 power as well, because IC2 (just like BC) is a quite open mod that allows things to be add onto it.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Life is OP
Nah, life is a STD.[DOUBLEPOST=1363867188][/DOUBLEPOST]
BF1YX2ZCUAAMR6a.jpg
I used to play that game! Good times.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Nah, life is a STD.[DOUBLEPOST=1363867188][/DOUBLEPOST]
Grammar isn't OP... "an STD"

Amusing thread. Honestly, I've never understood how something can be OP in a game with no explicit goals, except those which the user sets for him/herself...
basically my view on "OP" in single player games is that if it negates the need to bother with other systems. "Why use this less efficient and more difficult but infinitely cooler system when you can just use this boring one block thing that takes 2 seconds to do and produces far more!"

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Grammar isn't OP... "an STD"

basically my view on "OP" in single player games is that if it negates the need to bother with other systems. "Why use this less efficient and more difficult but infinitely cooler system when you can just use this boring one block thing that takes 2 seconds to do and produces far more!"

An correction.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
TIN IS OP U CAN MAKE CELLS TEHN A NUTHER PRTAL FOR CHEEP!!! NERF IT GWEGTECH DO IT!

God that hurt to type.

I think we should nerf the enchantments on diamond picks and stuff. I can -infinitely mine netherbrick!! for until it breaks!

Also, when MageCraft comes out Green's alchemy system will allow you to use the "End" attribute and the "Rocky essence" to make Endstone!

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Ohhhh that does sound cool. Btw Tech I am sorry that hurt to type. Here, put your hands in this bucket made out of diamond dust, five nether stars, and three ghast tears filled with a special liquid block that needs a fusion reactor powered by the tears of children.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Ohhhh that does sound cool. Btw Tech I am sorry that hurt to type. Here, put your hands in this bucket made out of diamond dust, five nether stars, and three ghast tears filled with a special liquid block that needs a fusion reactor powered by the tears of children.
With Gregtech that will need Iridium blocks, AstralCore, made with condensed nether stars which is 9 nether stars each. Ghast tears will be Enchanted Golden Apples and the tears of children would be Tear Cells

Saice

Jul 29, 2019

And man keeping a supply of baby villagers is a pain. They grow up to fast to keep the reactor running without resorting to a cluster of villager breeding cells that would make Megacity one blush.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, it only needs 8 Holy Planks of Sengir?! Something in my NEI must be messed up, says I need to make a work table to make the Holy Logs of Sengir.