Introducing JamPacked

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I think you can take jadedspawn.jar from the agrarian skies modpack. I searched but didn't find any download page, I did however notice that OpenEye suggests that Jadedcat made the mod, not Minalien.

No Minalien made the mod for AgSkies and other packs I make. She never uploaded it anywhere. Just grab it from AS. Open Eye is sometimes wrong :p

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Darth Sith

Jul 29, 2019
Why wouldn't you be able to? You can take any mod out of any modpack.
I think you can take jadedspawn.jar from the agrarian skies modpack. I searched but didn't find any download page, I did however notice that OpenEye suggests that Jadedcat made the mod, not Minalien.

Gamingmaster01

Jul 29, 2019
Why wouldn't you be able to? You can take any mod out of any modpack.
Not exactly, for example we can't get the agrarian skies version of forestry without the permission of the author, also so mods need permission for use in mod packs and you have to ask the mod author if you can use it, they gave permission to ftb, not you (not being snotty their)

From the wolf master!! *insert wolf sound here

Reactions: JACreations

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Actually, I see a TON of potential for this, particularly with HQM. I think it is a sadly under-utilized mod and an invaluable resource. Consider my interest piqued. However, the only problem is that I absolutely fail at map creation, so I doubt I'd be able to produce anything presentable within the time frame allotted. Mod pack tweaking, sure. That I can do. Complete with customising the config files to make everything lean and cross-synergistic. But I completely fail at MCEdit and map design in general.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way that HQM can execute commands when a quest is triggered?

If not, is it acceptable for a quest reward to include command blocks and a button, with the instructions to put the command blocks down and activate them without altering them?

Pavilion5097

Jul 29, 2019
I am having way to much fun making the map and modpack. I love minetweaker and will have to use this at a later date as well. I cant wait to see what other people create as well =D

Gamingmaster01

Jul 29, 2019

If not, is it acceptable for a quest reward to include command blocks and a button, with the instructions to put the command blocks down and activate them without altering them?
It's your pack, there's nothing saying no in the rules so do whatever you wants, for the comand trigger thing, I think not

From the wolf master!! *insert wolf sound here

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013

It can't do so directly, no. But there is a block included that will emit a redstone signal when a quest completes and such and you can trigger a command block like that.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I think we did see Dire play vanilla. Had trouble with Lapis's name, but made some impressive 9x9's.

===

What is "Jaded's Blood" and "Jaded Ladder"?

Jaded's Blood is a mod made by Minalien that allows you to tweak/add recipes for Blood Magic and other mods. Jaded Ladder is a block in Open Mods that Mikee created from one of my crazy ideas.

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, I put together a modpack yesterday and then dove into the HQM. This is going to take a serious amount of work. I am even more impressed with AgSkies than I used to be.

Reactions: Jadedcat

xKazlyn

Jul 29, 2019
Well, i was gonna enter, already began making a pack based on technological and magical advancement, but then i realized i needed a map, and the way my though process worked was with an open world feel, so i wont be entering; i may release the pack though, when its finished.

JACreations

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, I put together a modpack yesterday and then dove into the HQM. This is going to take a serious amount of work. I am even more impressed with AgSkies than I used to be.
I suppose you could set a large spawn area/ portion of a map that opens up to a normal minecraft world? I would just make most of your quests do able there.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
Well, i was gonna enter, already began making a pack based on technological and magical advancement, but then i realized i needed a map, and the way my though process worked was with an open world feel, so i wont be entering; i may release the pack though, when its finished.
You can enter without a map :)

Unless you can figure out a really good way to use the Hardcore Questing Mod without a map.

i.e. If you can figure out a good way to use it without a map then it's all good.

wizard8101

Jul 29, 2019
I am entering the contest but I am wondering, are we allowed to do a modded sky-block like Agrarian Skies but way different. If you want me to explain my ideas, just reply to this post.