Introducing JamPacked

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Are we allowed to use the FTB configs from other packs?

FTB yes. Points will probably be deducted for using BnB or Ag Skies or Resonant Rise or TPPI etc configs.

Hours/days worth of work went into those, copying them doesn't prove you can make a modpack, just that you know how to copy paste.

Edit for clarification: The FTB Universal Configs, DW20,FTBLite2, Horizons, Monster, Tech2, Magic2 are fair game. They have most of the normal conflicts and cross mod issues solved.

Last edited:

psp

Jul 29, 2019
FTB yes. Points will probably be deducted for using BnB or Ag Skies or Resonant Rise or TPPI etc configs.

Hours/days worth of work went into those, copying them doesn't prove you can make a modpack, just that you know how to copy paste.
*uncopies and unpastes lycanite mobs configs*

Chazwade

Jul 29, 2019
Just created my first set of quests and decided on the core concept and lore of the world, this is one for @Jadedcat p.s I was watching your stream earlier and heard you like Iguana Tweaks? ;)

Reactions: Jadedcat

Chazwade

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting this crash when pressing escape with the Quest Book open in edit mode to create quests on a multiplayer server.

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.isSinglePlayer(QuestingData.java:257)
at hardcorequesting.network.PacketHandler.sendToServer(PacketHandler.java:309)
at hardcorequesting.network.PacketHandler.closeInterface(PacketHandler.java:94)
at hardcorequesting.client.interfaces.GuiQuestBook.func_73874_b(GuiQuestBook.java:267)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71373_a(Minecraft.java:715)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_73869_a(SourceFile:38)
at hardcorequesting.client.interfaces.GuiQuestBook.func_73869_a(GuiQuestBook.java:1020)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_73860_n(SourceFile:149)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_73862_m(SourceFile:111)

-- Affected screen --
Details:
Screen name: hardcorequesting.client.interfaces.GuiQuestBook

BarbaricGeorge

Jul 29, 2019
So due to my situation I shan't be able to compete. Although I would like to give some advice use the Hqm in new and interesting ways. Such as assembly quests Its an idea that I will be using when I get my pack made(will not be a submission :/). I disabled items and blocks using MineTweaker and I'm using them as components and pushing progression to a certain speed by having repeatable quest that allow you to make items such as an autonomous activator once every 36 hour.
Renaming items allows you to use them as unique parts possibly earned through more repeatable quests.

-Barbaric

AceGritt

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys my modpack keeps crashing and i was wondering where i should ask for help on this at? Also are we aloud to ask for help on why our modpacks are crashing? I have a crash log.

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys my modpack keeps crashing and i was wondering where i should ask for help on this at? Also are we aloud to ask for help on why our modpacks are crashing? I have a crash log.
Not sure on the specifics.
But as a modpack creator the debugging comes down to you.
Try google first, use quotes "" around the exception with words like mine craft or feed the beast. Someone else may have had a similar issue.
This will expand your knowledge for crash logs too, so you can fix problems easier. :)

Darth Sith

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question for the individuals there can only be one winner out of everyone or just one prize for that person?

Edit - Just to make sure I can make a modpack with a map and still have a chance of winning right?

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013

Edit for clarification: The FTB Universal Configs, DW20,FTBLite2, Horizons, Monster, Tech2, Magic2 are fair game. They have most of the normal conflicts and cross mod issues solved.

Yeah, Minetweaker changes are no joke. I am really, really not looking forward to trying to update my pack to 1.7.10 as I will need to pretty much rebuild things from scratch. Hell, I'm not so sure I want to try to update Minetweaker to version 3 because of the same issue.

Blufire13

Jul 29, 2019
First of all, I apologize if this was addressed previously, I can be as blind as a bat sometimes. Anyway, Do we have to apply anywhere to be entered? if so where? and if not, Where should we post the modpack/map when we are ready to submit it?

And by the way, I think this is a wonderful idea and I can't wait to see the amazing map/modpack combinations people come up with!

Scott Wears

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting this crash when pressing escape with the Quest Book open in edit mode to create quests on a multiplayer server.

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.isSinglePlayer(QuestingData.java:257)
at hardcorequesting.network.PacketHandler.sendToServer(PacketHandler.java:309)
at hardcorequesting.network.PacketHandler.closeInterface(PacketHandler.java:94)
at hardcorequesting.client.interfaces.GuiQuestBook.func_73874_b(GuiQuestBook.java:267)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71373_a(Minecraft.java:715)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_73869_a(SourceFile:38)
at hardcorequesting.client.interfaces.GuiQuestBook.func_73869_a(GuiQuestBook.java:1020)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_73860_n(SourceFile:149)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_73862_m(SourceFile:111)

-- Affected screen --
Details:
Screen name: hardcorequesting.client.interfaces.GuiQuestBook

Don't post crash reports here, we'll probably just ignore them. If its a persistent crash go report it here

Reactions: Lawbroken