Important - For Users of Direwolf20_1_5 Modpack - Urgent feedback needed.

Which Method Should we take to fix the pack

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ramdor

Jul 29, 2019
needs to be fixed asap. Why the wait? So that more people can invest more time into it and have to start over? *confused*

Also @danor11 you can change version by clicking the Version drop down, change from recommended to whatever your server is using.

Hanse00

Jul 29, 2019
Because it takes that long to fix and update a pack.

People have been working very hard on updating the pack, ever since the mistake was found.

Gawdin

Jul 29, 2019
Working in an industry where mistakes like this happen often enough to be a pain, I have found that doing a full repair is much more efficient in the long run. The reason for this is because, when you try to apply a band aid, then realize there is another problem and band aid that, this cycle just repeats indefinitely and you have a very poor end product. Sure, some people are going to have to do map resets, and some people are going to be upset about it, but ultimately it is going to be more effective to just fix it right the first time.

Trinitruth

Jul 29, 2019
To me you should do the full fix rather than just the band aid to avoid problems in the future of Feed The Beast.I dont mind restarting my world because it can be really easy to get back to where i am but the guys on the servers might have a problem with the reset.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I agree with Daemonblue. While I have all the packs in question installed on my system I am only playing Single mode while developing my playing techniques and don't mind restarting. I understand that the issue is different with servers.

Having been involved in software development in the past, and also playing an MMO that used the quick fix method for seven years, I would prefer the "kill the issue at the root" approach.

In my MMO I've seen the same issues pop up periodically (in one case nearly a dozen times in seven years) due to the "fix it quick and get back online" approach. The quick fix, in my experience, tends not to be as well documented and with many such fixes in place it's not unusual for a quick fix to break multiple other things.

Xavrath

Jul 29, 2019
This is a no-brainer. Spending time and effort on half measures is wasted. The vote is pretty clear and there is no way that the results are likely to change. So let's just get on with it so that we can get the server resets out of the way. I really would like to be able to log into Minecraft 1.5.2 on our server soon.

Reactions: Werner Figueiredo

Nithlus

Jul 29, 2019
Although many would be disappointed with having to restart servers/maps i think in the long run they will get over it and the pros of a full fix would outweigh the cons.

jamok

Jul 29, 2019
It's a shame, now the fyreuk ftb server needs to update, can't get on becouse I updated D:

We are doing what ramdor said and choosing the 1.1.1 in the recommend the drop down. Every time we loaded up the game, we had to go to the drop down and choose the 1.1.1 again. We were using the DW20 1.5 beta before this.

I figured out that if you click the Private Pack button and remove the Direwolf20_1_5 pack, that the launcher will remember the 1.1.1 after we reloaded the launcher. I does seem to still keep your DW20 1.5 pack, but you can never go wrong with backing up your stuff before.

Kehaan

Jul 29, 2019
I can see they have updated the changelogs with the new fullfix. Anyone know when the updates will hit the client?

DerelleBot

Jul 29, 2019
Luckily, this doesn't affect me. (Unleashed FTW) Worlds needn't be cross-pack-compatible in my opinion.

It's VERY nice that they are (usually) but I still run my world through mIDas gold before doing a pack switch. I did when I went from 152ngt 0.8 to Unleashed, with zero conflicts or problems. I couldn't say the same just copying the world over.

A simple mIDas conversion on worlds should be all that's needed to preserve them.

I'm in favour of a full ID fix, but IMHO, it's not even a necessity in the first place.

stamgast

Jul 29, 2019
so when do we get update as the update after the the patch notes posted today by slow poke still give an ide conflikt with bioms o plenty

MrDlor

Jul 29, 2019
so when do we get update as the update after the the patch notes posted today by slow poke still give an ide conflikt with bioms o plenty
Thats because he only posted the changelog , the new version is not even on the launcher yet ofc you still get id conflicts.

georgeu

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'm going to move back to MultiMC, FTB is cocking too many things up right now. When a pack is updated, I have to re-add all the mods I want, re-enable Biomes O' Plenty, and then there is a bloody ID conflict with BoP, and I have to edit the config my self, completely defeating the entire purpose of FTB. My world then gets messed up from the ID changes and I have to create a new world.
Why the Hell is BoP disabled in the anyway? There is a flipping world gen option when creating a world! And why do I have to re-add any extra mods after every update???!!!
When the new launcher comes out I'm hoping all these are fixed because this is just sh*t

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
What about setting the hidden block id in RailCraft to 0 as a default? That just seems to cause so many problems..

HangingLotus

Jul 29, 2019
im all for a full fix. i use the dw20 pack but dont have an extensive world made as i am just doing lots of testing for different things (namely base building and a sorting system).

Status
Not open for further replies.