Important - For Users of Direwolf20_1_5 Modpack - Urgent feedback needed.

Which Method Should we take to fix the pack

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Droideka30

Jul 29, 2019
It changes the world pretty drastically even on its tamest settings (or completely overwrites vanilla worldgen if you want). A lot of people don't like that so it's disabled by default. Better to default off and have people that want it enable it, than to default on and have people that don't like it complain.
I just wish that when I enable it, it would STAY enabled when the pack updates.

Buckets_Monkey

Jul 29, 2019
It is not that I dont want to keep a world, but with the pack being so new still.. it isnt like I have put as many hours into it. If a new world is going to be made, might as well do it before I get attached to it.. right?

Tombstone101

Jul 29, 2019
Why did we even have a vote if the majority is made to wait on the minority vote?
Sorry if this comes off as rude, many apologies, I'm an impatient person.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
We would like to do it right... as opposed to rushing a fix like last time and making things worse. Please be patient. I realize its frustrating to wait, but the last time we rushed a fix got us to this problem. I for one think it would be better if we make sure its right this time instead of rushing.

Tombstone101

Jul 29, 2019
Correct me if I'm wrong but did you not say. "We have the configs set up and the new mod updates tested. However we are working on finding a way to make it less likely for worlds to need resets on the DW20 pack." ?

Reactions: KnightOwl

Tombstone101

Jul 29, 2019
Again, forgive me for sounding rude. But, this tells us it is fixed and you are only trying to keep old worlds. We don't understand why we are waiting, this isn't how we voted.

Reactions: KnightOwl

Erosparadox

Jul 29, 2019
Why did we even have a vote if the majority is made to wait on the minority vote?
Sorry if this comes off as rude, many apologies, I'm an impatient person.

I think it's safe to say we are all thinking the same thing. You are just the first to say it in this thread. Don't shoot the man for saying what we all wanted to . It's a legitimate question. This is not hate for FTB we love ya! I am just very confused. .

Alupe

Jul 29, 2019
Correct me if I'm wrong but did you not say. "We have the configs set up and the new mod updates tested. However we are working on finding a way to make it less likely for worlds to need resets on the DW20 pack." ?

With respect to the pack team, he has a point.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
If you are interested in seeing why mod pack updates take a while here . Currently we are triple checking everything. And we are attempting to minimize damage to worlds because we might be able to do that. You are waiting on us being comfortable releasing the changes. If we are going to force people to restart worlds we would like to be sure they don't have to do so again in the near future. The tool that might fix the restart thing is just a possibility, something part of the launcher team is working on separately. My apologies for implying that the tool was the only thing holding it up.

Edited my previous post to be more accurate... I suck at communication.

Tzukasa

Jul 29, 2019
The mod pack hasn't been out for long enough for be worried about losing maps. Not like you've been playing the same map with it for 14 months.. Just please get a full fix out asap so we can play it w/o issue >.<

Xavrath

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with those that feel it is best to just restart and get it over with. Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't you just putting yourself in a rush situation on the fix for the worlds? After all, you have to develop a tool to fix the current worlds, then that tool has to be thoroughly tested before you release it. You can potentially just mess up the current maps and we will be back around to square one anyway. So how long does that kind of development actually take? Days? Weeks? Meanwhile many of us are unable to play because of the config bug and we have to sit here and wait for all this.

You have a big majority of your player base that voted to accept the restarts. That was part of the deal. I think that your customer service is a LOT better if you allow the players that are currently locked out by the bug to get back in rather than worrying about a very small percentage that wanted to save their worlds.

I would like to reiterate that I am not being overly critical here. I am just pointing out that no matter what there are going to be unhappy people. At this point I feel the restart is better than making people wait for what could potentially be days for development to happen that also should not be rushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.