IC2 is slowly dying out ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 does have some handy features to it, like upgradable machines. If you're not concerned with the secondary output of a given ore, sayyyyyy, I dunno...copper, then throwing the ore into an upgraded macerator (or, if you're feeling fancy, an upgraded ROTARY macerator) will get you what you want faster, and very few things can compare to the sheer speed of an induction furnace once its at full heat. Automating them might take a bit more than TE, but once you get some basic AE kit setup, automation shouldn't be a worry for anything except nuclear reactors, and maybe GregTech. The only reason I use IC2 as sparingly as I do is because, unless I'm mistaken, it has a rather irritating lag issue involving cables, and my laptop can only handle so much before things get unplayable, even for a guy like -me,- who can play with what most would consider ludicrous lag with almost no issue.

Oh, and pre-MPS, the electric mining tools are fairly handy. Also, there's just something badass about killing a creeper with a chainsaw.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that:
Explodes your hard earned stuff because you misplaced one thing?
Takes many items to make items which make 1 part of a machine, when other mods can do the same exact thing, with balance, without the extra work?
Doesn't add things except for boats, and doesn't update old systems like solar/water/wind?

I'd say it's normal for it to die out. Honestly base IC2 compared to TE, IC2 only has one thing going for it: clean, simple, automatic power usage/storage. No engines and such.
Of course if you consider Gregtech, it has a lot more longevity/features than TE.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
It's been horribly stale since at least MC 1.2.5. When was the last time it got a new feature or positive change, anyway?
If it weren't for all those add-ons, I bet nobody would still bother with it. Even though I hate GregTech, I believe it would be a lot better for the future of IC2 if those two mods were combined into one already.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 does have some handy features to it, like upgradable machines. If you're not concerned with the secondary output of a given ore, sayyyyyy, I dunno...copper, then throwing the ore into an upgraded macerator (or, if you're feeling fancy, an upgraded ROTARY macerator) will get you what you want faster
Pfffffft.

GregoriusT said:
Added Universal Macerator. Works like a Pulverizer/RockCrusher/Macerator-Combo, and picks first the GregTech Recipe, which is supposed to be in the Pulverizer, then the regualr Pulverizer Recipe if that fails, and if both fail (or if it's Obsidian), then it takes the Rock Crusher Recipe. And if all that doesnt help, then it takes the regular Macerator Recipe. Can be crafted with any Maceration Device (so also the Pulverizer), together with a Grinding Head and some advanced Material.

Xeonen

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that:
Explodes your hard earned stuff because you misplaced one thing?
Takes many items to make items which make 1 part of a machine, when other mods can do the same exact thing, with balance, without the extra work?
Doesn't add things except for boats, and doesn't update old systems like solar/water/wind?

I'd say it's normal for it to die out. Honestly base IC2 compared to TE, IC2 only has one thing going for it: clean, simple, automatic power usage/storage. No engines and such.
Of course if you consider Gregtech, it has a lot more longevity/features than TE.

You actually described an add on for IC2, GTech, with all explosions and imposible grindwork for one machine that actually doesn't do much of a thing...

IC2 is dying though, coders are being lazy to improve bits and pieces there and not adding new machines or at least improved mechanics for old machines. It will kill IC2, I've already stopped using it in my modpack and moving forward without RP2 and IC2. I do hope IC2 coders will wake up and bring back IC2 from the brink of destruction.

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
pretty sure the only mod keeping IC2 running is GregTech... Which in itself is basically High Tier IC2 stuff...

And as long as GreTech is around.. Or tolerated (based on your opinion) IC2 will not die.

For me it's definitely true that only GT is keeping IC2 around.

I'm quite interested in the whole UE + GT deal KirinDave has going on though. I don't think IC2 should disappear completely from all FTB packs, but I definitely would like to see some more packs that utilize other tech mods as core.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
It does now. And even in the future GT will still require IC2 to be installed even if you're only using it with UE (Greg said as much, and it's a side effect of EU support)
Oh, DoctorOr, speaking of Resonant Rise, how's the progress on BoP? Do you know? If you have logs, I might have some weird random knowledge at the back of my head that might help solve it! That happens all the time. I read too much random stuff.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, DoctorOr, speaking of Resonant Rise, how's the progress on BoP? Do you know? If you have logs, I might have some weird random knowledge at the back of my head that might help solve it! That happens all the time. I read too much random stuff.
Can you please not turn this into another server thread?

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
@Poppycocks/Gregorious: I was simply talking about the current iteration of IC2/GT/whatever present in the latest recommended versions of the FTB packs, not to whatever future plans the various designers may have.

Reactions: Chocorate

Xeonen

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting nobody mentions the mining drill... I wont go out of my house without it.

Mining drill and upgrade modules they are both awesome though IC2 is way too slow to pick up the pace, if you check out majority of the mods and their sites, IC2 is still at 1.4.5 with RP2 where as other mods have progressed to 1.5.1 and some to 1.5.2. IC2 is also loosing ground since they do not improve their machines, a small laser sight for IC2 miner would be awesome or pump working without the need of a miner also more portable energy sources for pure IC2.

After all said and done, I am playing 1.5.1 without IC2 and missing it, it's high speed ore processing power and mining drill but if they remain this slow to code and will not polish their existing machinery and I am not even mentioning they haven't added any new features, they will not survive for long.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I've been using it and still not good as a diamond drill with Efficiency IV added to it though rapier appears to be much better than nano saber.
ah well good luck putting any enchants on your drill once that bug is squished. Also... I'm not sure but I think one can make a pick faster than that.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Shame about the move to nerf enchants on drills. They're about balanced WITH them, considering the massive cost involved (... I spent hours getting the books alone, let alone the infrastructure needed to get the drill itself - not to mention the kit needed to keep it charged!), but taking them away makes them pretty much pointless.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Mining drill and upgrade modules they are both awesome though IC2 is way too slow to pick up the pace, if you check out majority of the mods and their sites, IC2 is still at 1.4.5 with RP2 where as other mods have progressed to 1.5.1 and some to 1.5.2. IC2 is also loosing ground since they do not improve their machines, a small laser sight for IC2 miner would be awesome or pump working without the need of a miner also more portable energy sources for pure IC2.

After all said and done, I am playing 1.5.1 without IC2 and missing it, it's high speed ore processing power and mining drill but if they remain this slow to code and will not polish their existing machinery and I am not even mentioning they haven't added any new features, they will not survive for long.

They have had 1.5 versions for weeks now.

On mobile at moment... Search Jenkins ic2 304