Status
Not open for further replies.

thefinn

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Horizons 1.0.6/1.0.7
Mod & Version: Tinkers Construct
Pastebin link to crash log: N/A
Whats the bug?
Knapsack randomly deletes itself after use while in the pack slot.
Can it be repeated? Yes, but it is random, has happened to me once in SMP and once in SSP in a week.

StankAssUnicorn

Jul 29, 2019

Mod & Verson Tinkers Construct 1.5.1 - 1.5.2.1
Blood Magic 0.6.4 - 0.6.5b

Pastebin Link to crash log :http://pastebin.com/BGBL2hRK

whats the bug?: When you place a lava crystal from blood magic in a half slab furnace and try cook anything crashes the game and world

Can it be repeated: Yes

Known Fix: None

Last edited:

Alex FL

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Horizons 1.0.7
Mod & Version: WR-CBE Logic 1.4.0.6
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/tY32qCRb
Whats the bug? breaking the block under a wireless transmitter/receiver/jammer will crash the game
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix: break the wireless transmitter/receiver/jammer instead of the block under it

mikael7

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Tinker's Construct 1.5.2.1
Pastebin link to crash log: No crash
Whats the bug? All tinkers tools seem to be capped at 101 durability, both spawned and constructed.
Can it be repeated? Yes, so far with all the tools created on multiple worlds.
Known Fix: Unknown

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Mod & Version: Tinker's Construct 1.5.2.1
Pastebin link to crash log: No crash
Whats the bug? All tinkers tools seem to be capped at 101 durability, both spawned and constructed.
Can it be repeated? Yes, so far with all the tools created on multiple worlds.
Known Fix: Unknown

Meta data != durability.

mikael7

Jul 29, 2019
Meta data != durability.

Not sure if I understand, but let me elaborate.

The tools Ive used so far, broke after mining 101 blocks, I counted.
The tools tested were Stone, Wooden, Iron, Cactus, Netherack and Flint, all exactly 101 uses, then breaks.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Not sure if I understand, but let me elaborate.

The tools Ive used so far, broke after mining 101 blocks, I counted.
The tools tested were Stone, Wooden, Iron, Cactus, Netherack and Flint, all exactly 101 uses, then breaks.

Which would mean the tools are actually getting re-routed and instead relying on their metadata as durability. Odd. I'll have a look into this myself.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack: Horizons 1.0.7
Mod/Version: I don't know where this bug is coming from
Crashes? No.
Bug: Villagers breeding without provocation.
Seriously. Built a 10 Cell Prison, underground. Iron doors with buttons on outside, obsidian plates inside cells. Cells, 3x3x3, 1 block apart, in two rows of 5.
Originally, this prison had 1 villager per cell, of varying types (some of them mod villagers). These villagers were all coerced into their cells, rather than being spawned via spawn eggs. Now, two/three days later, I must have 50 villagers down there, with none outside of their cells... and they are still breeding.

This could cause problems in chunk-loaded areas of servers if left unchecked.

HxcUSMC

Jul 29, 2019
idk if this one was posted but I had made a hole to bedrock and was trying to use scaffoldings to get up and down but I die when I use it. it thinks im droping so when I get to the bottom or top it kills me and say I fell.

Silhouette

Jul 29, 2019
Mod/Version: Horizons 1.0.7
Crashes? Yes
Bug: Crashes on Worldgen on Single-player (Also might happen on multiplayer, as my Multiplay server cannot start and is consistently offline since installation). Produces the following error log (attached). Simultaneously attempted with a friend who was able to generate with no problems, but was on Mac.

Attachments

• crash-2013-12-22_03.45.40-server.txt
    18.5 KB · Views: 90

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
idk if this one was posted but I had made a hole to bedrock and was trying to use scaffoldings to get up and down but I die when I use it. it thinks im droping so when I get to the bottom or top it kills me and say I fell.

It is known. The devs of Artifice I believe have been informed of the problem with the code.

Mod/Version: Horizons 1.0.7
Crashes? Yes
Bug: Crashes on Worldgen on Single-player (Also might happen on multiplayer, as my Multiplay server cannot start and is consistently offline since installation). Produces the following error log (attached). Simultaneously attempted with a friend who was able to generate with no problems, but was on Mac.

This is not a modpack error. Bouncycastle is on Mojang's end.

Silhouette

Jul 29, 2019
It is known. The devs of Artifice I believe have been informed of the problem with the code.

This is not a modpack error. Bouncycastle is on Mojang's end.

No problems on vanilla Minecraft, FTB Ultimate, FTB Unleashed, or FTB Mindcrack. Doing the research, it looks like the issue only occurs with modded clients, and seems to work on different platforms. The techs at Mojira seem to think it's mod-related, too.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
No problems on vanilla Minecraft, FTB Ultimate, FTB Unleashed, or FTB Mindcrack. Doing the research, it looks like the issue only occurs with modded clients, and seems to work on different platforms. The techs at Mojira seem to think it's mod-related, too.
Different MC versions. Bouncycastle occurs on vanilla MC as I've had it happen to me and several friends. It IS a Mojang error.

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
Mod/Version: Biomes of Plenty
Crashes? Yes.
Bug: I tried to cosult the uses of the "Hive Block" by pressing U and my world corrupted. The game crashed and now the world doesn't exist anymore.
Pastebin log: http://pastebin.com/RdXfG3aD

I'll never get bugs. They are ridiculous. World corruption for trying to fetch info?

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Mod/Version: ReactorCraft
Crashes: N/A
What's the bug?: Magnetite ore drops several lodestone items - not as a block - when mined. Lodestone currently does not appear to have a use in ReactorCraft as when I checked the wiki for that mod I could not find mention of lodestone. Neither does NEI show any use for lodestone.

I am therefore wondering why I'm collecting an apparently useless resource which cannot even be smelted to make it into anything useful and will eventually fill up a chest or two.

I'm probably not even going to make much use of ReactorCraft, I'm way too busy trying to establish a starting base at the moment to go delving into the tricky concepts of making a nuclear reactor that won't craterize my base!

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Mod/Version: ReactorCraft
Crashes: N/A
What's the bug?: Magnetite ore drops several lodestone items - not as a block - when mined. Lodestone currently does not appear to have a use in ReactorCraft as when I checked the wiki for that mod I could not find mention of lodestone. Neither does NEI show any use for lodestone.

I am therefore wondering why I'm collecting an apparently useless resource which cannot even be smelted to make it into anything useful and will eventually fill up a chest or two.

I'm probably not even going to make much use of ReactorCraft, I'm way too busy trying to establish a starting base at the moment to go delving into the tricky concepts of making a nuclear reactor that won't craterize my base!

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

This is not a bug.

Pyrocantaes

Jul 29, 2019
Three bugs relating to Ars Magica...

Mod & Version: Ars Magica 2
Pastebin link to crash log: N/A
Whats the bug?
Witchwood trees don't drop saplings.. cut down 4 trees.. including 2 large tress that gave oove 1/2 stack logs each .. no saplings dropped..According to an Internet search this is supposed to have been fixed...
Can it be repeated? Yes..chop down any witchwood tree

Whats the bug?
Neutral Nexus doesn't correctly connect to Crafting Alter even when it's directly underneath it...
Can it be repeated? Yes..but an internet search revealed that if you wrench it with a crystal wrench then it does .. this is NOT on the ArsMagica wiki or in the in-game manual!

Whats the bug?
Neutral Nexus doesn't convert items dropped into it into essence as per the ArsMagica wiki/in-game manual... it just consumes the liquid essence that is supposed to power it.. sort of makes essence a very limited resource given it's low spawn rate..
Can it be repeated? Yes..

Silhouette

Jul 29, 2019
Different MC versions. Bouncycastle occurs on vanilla MC as I've had it happen to me and several friends. It IS a Mojang error.

Figured it out on my own, so I'll post my solution, in case it helps anyone else.

Turns out the launcher failed to download all of the required libraries during the first installation of the Horizons' ModPack. Given the way the installation tends to go (Installs multiple files without much indication of this, which could be seen as freezing or the client failing to run), it seems highly probable that interruption of the installation process occurred, somehow. After making note of the number of files and their sizes in the installation directory, I changed the directory to another folder and tried again, and surely enough, saw more files downloaded this time around, which then worked and produced the expected, correct experience. The libraries that were missing appeared to be related to the specific MC version the modpack was running on, as well and as you mentioned, as the other 1.6.4 version modpacks also failed to work prior to this, but now work correctly.

So, to sum it up, fixing this required changing the directory in which the modpacks are installed, which is done via the Options tab in the Launcher. I suppose you could also delete the Libraries folder in your FTB installation directory to save some time, as well, but fresh installs are a good habit to have.

Hope that helps anyone who was having the same issues as me. Good games, everyone.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
This is not a bug.

I reported it as a bug in good faith because I thought there might be recipes that used lodestone that aren't shown in NEI or on the wiki of the modpack in question yet. If the mod author could be contacted to determine if this ore and it's drop has an intended use I would appreciate it, as otherwise, this is just another worthless junk item I'm periodically going to have to filter out of ore collection systems.

I can't just leave the ore, either, as it takes up space I would otherwise use to build a house or contraption in. It therefore has to be collected and disposed of somehow. Your help in ensuring that useless modpack items can be made useful or removed entirely from modpacks is gratefully appreciated.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Status
Not open for further replies.