Horizons 1.0.9 and Monster 1.0.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

F9Alejandro

Jul 29, 2019
what is odd and make the least amount of sense is that openblocks is causing a corrupt world problem, but when i use it in my world there is not such a thing? and i see that monster is going to get very popular, but by most requests for the server that i am staff of and the other servers that are under it... players have been asking where the mini map is and i would like to suggest not to disable by default as it will cause more problems then it will with it enabled by default and will save loads of trouble for those that have been playing on unleashed and mindcrack... yes new players still join the mindcrack server everyday... other than that great work and wishing to have morph added to the mix to make it even more interesting... because loads of players would love to see morph added to one of your modpacks, and why not start with the one that actually sound correct for it... MONSTER lol

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
what is odd and make the least amount of sense is that openblocks is causing a corrupt world problem, but when i use it in my world there is not such a thing? and i see that monster is going to get very popular, but by most requests for the server that i am staff of and the other servers that are under it... players have been asking where the mini map is and i would like to suggest not to disable by default as it will cause more problems then it will with it enabled by default and will save loads of trouble for those that have been playing on unleashed and mindcrack... yes new players still join the mindcrack server everyday... other than that great work and wishing to have morph added to the mix to make it even more interesting... because loads of players would love to see morph added to one of your modpacks, and why not start with the one that actually sound correct for it... MONSTER lol
Just because you're not using a mod in a way that causes a known world-corrupting bug to appear doesn't mean that the world-corrupting bug doesn't exist. The mod author is aware of the bug (ie, IT EXISTS) and is working on a fix.

The minimaps are all disabled by default so that each individual player can enable their minimap of choice. It's a client-side thing anyway. If people are incapable of turning on a minimap mod on a launcher like FTB (which makes it trivial to do), I fear for the future of modded minecraft.

Monster is Slowpoke101's pack that he intends to use for his Feed The Beast challenge map (which he's working on right now). He didn't want Morph in it. Morph isn't in it.

Raptorana

Jul 29, 2019
I added Morph from the DW pack - just drag and drop.

I'm missing the elevators from the open blocks. I started a new world and deliberately left a spot for the elevator, only to discover after I had the ender pearls that it doesn't exist. Dag nabbit!

I can be patient. I can be patient. I can be patient....

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I added Morph from the DW pack - just drag and drop.

I'm missing the elevators from the open blocks. I started a new world and deliberately left a spot for the elevator, only to discover after I had the ender pearls that it doesn't exist. Dag nabbit!

I can be patient. I can be patient. I can be patient....

Until openblocks is ready, you can use an enderporter from random things

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
Just because you're not using a mod in a way that causes a known world-corrupting bug to appear doesn't mean that the world-corrupting bug doesn't exist. The mod author is aware of the bug (ie, IT EXISTS) and is working on a fix.

They are using OpenBlocks in the Direwolf pack, so I don't think it's that serious.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
They are using OpenBlocks in the Direwolf pack, so I don't think it's that serious.
Well the DW20 pack is not Monster. It does not contain the same mods nor the same configs. So an intermod conflict might not appear in DW20 but it does in Monster.
Also there is a big difference in removing a mod from an already send out pack and removing it from a pack before its send out. Removing OpenBlocks from the DW20 pack might cause bigger problems for people already playing it, than they risk with having the mod. But with Monster they can guarantee that there will be no problems by not putting the mod in at all before its fixed.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
The minimaps are all disabled by default so that each individual player can enable their minimap of choice. It's a client-side thing anyway. If people are incapable of turning on a minimap mod on a launcher like FTB (which makes it trivial to do), I fear for the future of modded minecraft.

The real problem is that not everyone knows about the different minimaps.

That's not a minor issue. I know (NOW!) of Opis/Mapwriter and Rei's. I just discovered a third, JourneyMap, disabled, in Magic Farm.

If someone were to write up a post describing all the different client-side mapping tools, and their pros and cons, as well as how to use them, how they differ, what their config options are, etc.: that would be of great benefit.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The real problem is that not everyone knows about the different minimaps.

That's not a minor issue. I know (NOW!) of Opis/Mapwriter and Rei's. I just discovered a third, JourneyMap, disabled, in Magic Farm.

If someone were to write up a post describing all the different client-side mapping tools, and their pros and cons, as well as how to use them, how they differ, what their config options are, etc.: that would be of great benefit.
Yeah would be a good idea to have a thread with a little guide stickied somewhere that explains what to do do get which minimap.

Took me a while to figure out that Voxelmap(the one I got used to in Unleashed) is actually now called Zans minimap and that I could use it together with JourneyMap(which is not really a minimap, but more a normal map). Also you need to know that its not just Opis that needs to be disabled but that other resource mod that accompanies it.

IvanGrasp

Jul 29, 2019
I'm confused, does 1.0.3 in recommended means that it will be out of beta? Or it will still be a public beta?

With some friends we've been playing unleashed and now we want to play monster but we would like to start the new world when monster get out of the beta state.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah would be a good idea to have a thread with a little guide stickied somewhere that explains what to do do get which minimap.

Took me a while to figure out that Voxelmap(the one I got used to in Unleashed) is actually now called Zans minimap and that I could use it together with JourneyMap(which is not really a minimap, but more a normal map). Also you need to know that its not just Opis that needs to be disabled but that other resource mod that accompanies it.

Except most of us only know Voxel/Zan's and how to make the mapwriter one vanish so we can use Voxel and still use opis. The others were included because the community asked for them. Not because we have a clue how to use them.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I'm confused, does 1.0.3 in recommended means that it will be out of beta? Or it will still be a public beta?

With some friends we've been playing unleashed and now we want to play monster but we would like to start the new world when monster get out of the beta state.
No it just means that it is the recommended beta version. I am personally guessing/hoping it wont be out of beta before an stable Binnies mod is added.

IvanGrasp

Jul 29, 2019
No it just means that it is the recommended beta version. I am personally guessing/hoping it wont be out of beta before an stable Binnies mod is added.
Oh, thanks for the reply :).

I know many people hate solar energy but I hope Advanced Solars make it to the final version.

F9Alejandro

Jul 29, 2019
When i checked monster using jProfiler i noticed that a large amount of the ram is used up by the mods then even more is used because of massive memory leaks... even with the java arg -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC for garbage collection rate to be more of a way to get back the memory used it still has massive ram usage even from me being in the title menu... 3 gb Allocated to the game when in a map the allocated used for the game to load is 55% and the free amount of memory left will climb to 46-50% and drop to around 20% and it will continually do that till the game will run out of memory and give me a jvm exception error... even after removing 1/3 of the mods that cause the most usage it still shows as being within the array char[] and the global var $Enities well at least for the amount of instances which was over 4 mill... but that is what i found and why is there a constantly new a thread being made about every 10 seconds or so?[DOUBLEPOST=1388993803][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh, thanks for the reply :).

I know many people hate solar energy but I hope Advanced Solars make it to the final version.

With the new advanced solars it causes as much tps issues as the older version and adds a new block to it called a molecular transformer... and since iridium is supposed to be hard to come by you may want to change the configs so then iridium can't be obtained by 1 iron ingot in the thing... even though it does require 9 mill EU/t just throwing that out there.. and it is not very balanced anymore from what i can tell

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
Advanced solars dropped into monster with only one id conflict, 195 from memory conflicted with emasher. All working well!

Raptorana

Jul 29, 2019
Until openblocks is ready, you can use an enderporter from random things

That's awesome. Just tried it and its all I could hope for.

A little more expensive, but has a larger range and does not need a second unit.

Now I have a deep drop toilet... er... mine and a enderporter at the bottom that takes me from level 29 to 76 in an instant.

Thank you for the tip!

Reactions: Eyamaz

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
Dw20's definition of serious and the FTB teams is different. We don't like world corruption risk at all. We won't risk it.

Ok, I have thought the same principles are used for all packs because, you know, they are in the FTB Launcher so part of the FTP packs.

Binnie released a new version a couple hours ago (1.8 pre1), so hopefully it will work out that way. :) (Finally more beeees, yeah)

Status
Not open for further replies.