Horizons 1.0.9 and Monster 1.0.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
Just opened a new map with BoP enabled and using the ATG Alternate option, I have these odd little stone things all over the map, have I done something silly?

I believe that's the tundra biome from BoP. I think the stones are supposed to represent the larger boulders found in a fellfield.

Lost Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Just opened a new map with BoP enabled and using the ATG Alternate option, I have these odd little stone things all over the map, have I done something silly?

Check your config (ATG IIRC), they are boulders and can be turned off. If you don't have ATG running then no idea... :/

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
Ahhh, as long as its intentional, lol. Thought I may have messed up an ID with some plant or another!

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
Special Mobs looks awesome - and a little bit terrifying everytime you encounter a new variety of mob. Monster will certainly live up to its name :)

MineTweaker looks interesting. @Eyamaz , have you added any custom recipes in 1.0.3? I might play around with it - always wanted to add a recipe for zombie flesh to leather :)

Also, nice to see BloodMagic in the pack.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Special Mobs looks awesome - and a little bit terrifying everytime you encounter a new variety of mob. Monster will certainly live up to its name :)

MineTweaker looks interesting. @Eyamaz , have you added any custom recipes in 1.0.3? I might play around with it - always wanted to add a recipe for zombie flesh to leather :)

Also, nice to see BloodMagic in the pack.
There are currently only 2 recipe changes for each, they are at the top of the config changes section, but one is a dupe bug fix and the other was added to fix a conflict

Reactions: un worry

Vircomore

Jul 29, 2019
Figure I should ask since I noticed it on the launcher this morning:

Does this apply to DW20 (1.6.4) 1.0.9 as well? Or can we keep our worlds and update them to 1.0.9?

Thanks.

thernztrom

Jul 29, 2019
There are currently only 2 recipe changes for each, they are at the top of the config changes section, but one is a dupe bug fix and the other was added to fix a conflict
Will the TechWorld2 pack also recieve an update soon to adress the latest mods versions?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

vike, are you perhaps also in charge of the universal configuration changelogs?

Izzmo

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone,

how can i get the new versions? Everytime i download Horizons or Monster i get the versions 1.0.7 or for Monsters 1.0.1. I have deleted the folders of the Modpacks a few times and using the force update.

Have Launcher Version 1.3.2 and get no update messages for the packs or the launcher.

Thanks for any help and have a great new year.

Vircomore

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone,

how can i get the new versions? Everytime i download Horizons or Monster i get the versions 1.0.7 or for Monsters 1.0.1. I have deleted the folders of the Modpacks a few times and using the force update.

Have Launcher Version 1.3.2 and get no update messages for the packs or the launcher.

I can't look at the launcher, but are those the versions that appear in the pack lists? The pack lists are the "recommended" versions, so if you want to use a newer version, you need to change the dropdown that says "recommended" to (number you want). The pack list wont change but it will give you that version of the pack.

Otherwise just wait until the new versions become "recommended".

Dustyamp

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone,

Try deleting the folder for the modpack in your appdata folder. It should be under appdata/roaming/ftblauncher/Modpacks then just delete the modpack folder there. I believe this is like a cache for the modpacks. I had to go there once to change config options because they kept on being reverted after I re-launched the pack. This should completely remove the modpack from your computer and the launcher should download it again when you press the launch button. Remember to delete both folders, the cache one and the install location one and backup anything you want to keep.

p.s. To get to the roaming folder just type %appdata% into the run box. This is the Windows way.
If you are on a Macintosh then I believe you open finder, then at the top you click the go tab and then the go to folder option. Then you just type in ~/Library/Application Support
when I looked this up I was told that the space between Application and Support was also important so don't leave it out.

I don't own a Macintosh so, anyone who does, please correct me if I made a mistake.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
They removed open blocks could of just disabled it like dyed trees. :( No Qcraft added though I was really hoping it would as its going to be mandatory that that mod is install for all my servers with the new update. :p Openblocks will have to be added at lest for one of the severs other one I don't care its going to have what ever is in monster with mods removed besides Qcraft its a mandatory must have now. There is only 2 mods ever that's is mandatory Qcraft and Mystcraft I use both far to much or will with Qcraft now. :p

"Mandatory" seems to be pretty strong language for someone to use about their personal preferences, and "mandatory must have" doubly so, since it's a redundant statement. Until you take over modpack production nothing is "mandatory".

Bigdog

Jul 29, 2019
"Mandatory" seems to be pretty strong language for someone to use about their personal preferences, and "mandatory must have" doubly so, since it's a redundant statement. Until you take over modpack production nothing is "mandatory".
lol I saying its mandatory because I can link any and all my minecraft servers to 1 no more need to give each and every server ip now I just give them one and if they want to play on the other servers well they just go though the portals this is why its mandatory for me to have and mystcraft is because I use it for mining worlds and stuff like that. I even going to have a played option for people to have there own server portal it will not be cheap though as its more resource intensive, but they can have there own mods that they want with limitations still can't have unlimited chunkloaders and stuff hehe.

Just because of that new Qcraft update it changes everything not only for me, but for everyone else. Its why I am very excited about that update I known a inter server link was coming just did not expect it from Qcraft it fits though.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I will be, but I'll just be doing what mod versions go to the universal config.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

aah, alright. as I was wondering what I've asked about in this topic regarding the universal configurations
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/universal-configurations-question.37332/

basically, I was wondering what specific configuration files get edited/added with each new universal configuration version
this way people who're using the universal configurations and changed some configurations of their own will know when they need to re-edit a configuration file after updating

darabutin

Jul 29, 2019
horizons in the pack before actializar was a mod or something that created caves all over the map in the height of Berok in minecraft can you tell me which is

nursemmalee

Jul 29, 2019
lol I saying its mandatory because I can link any and all my minecraft servers to 1 no more need to give each and every server ip now I just give them one and if they want to play on the other servers well they just go though the portals this is why its mandatory for me to have and mystcraft is because I use it for mining worlds and stuff like that. I even going to have a played option for people to have there own server portal it will not be cheap though as its more resource intensive, but they can have there own mods that they want with limitations still can't have unlimited chunkloaders and stuff hehe.

Just because of that new Qcraft update it changes everything not only for me, but for everyone else. Its why I am very excited about that update I known a inter server link was coming just did not expect it from Qcraft it fits though.

Just wanted to point out something you might have missed given your statements that I've bolded above...
At minute 11:30, DW says all linked servers must have the exact same mods and configs. Sorry but I wouldn't want you to get everything set up and then realize it doesn't work the way you thought. Maybe in the future things won't have to be all the same. :)

Bigdog

Jul 29, 2019

I know lol monster has allot of mods and master configs so mods that they don't want from the list its just a 1 click remove they do not have to be exact as its just logging out and back in from server to server like you normally do just without the need to give ip for each as the portal do that for you. There are things like me I want to add mods that's not in any for one of the servers well if they want to go though that portal they will have to install those mods first or they will just get this mod and that mod is removed.

Configs don't have to be exactly the same should not be so if I removed a item in one it should still work IDs just can't change, but that's why there are universal configs now. I have not tested it after all these holiday events are over I will be testing it it should work just fine and for those that pay to basically have there own server though mine well it would have to be based on the mods that are already there now if there is a mod they want to add they can do but it will be required for people to install that mod be for going though portal. I would have to check the mod out be for I approve of it though. :p

If non of what I say works with my testing and everything has to be exact then there is no reson to even make such portals just use mystcraft as its basically the same thing. What i say should work just fine though as like I said its basically just like logging into the server though FTB launcher so there should be 0 problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.