Greg's done it again.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian Zhou

Jul 29, 2019
Are you kidding me? I have a Multifarm farm started within the first 30 minutes of my game play. After that, the nerf is trivial. And some of us, learn to stock pile on wood so we have spares. I usually chop down so I have at least 100-200 wood. Even before, the nerf is trivial. I always stockpile on wood.

FrankieTheSnake

Jul 29, 2019
People shouldn't need to be computer savvy to play the game. It's not as simple as 123 for many people to muck with configs, especially GT.

I started a year and a half ago from scratch learning how to put in two mods, with each having overlapping idea's, and honestly I didn't know crap about modding, java or how to open a config file, once the mod packs fade away, it will be old school again, and that could happen this very moment because 1.5 and 1.6 (not saying it will happen). It's not like you need to be a nerd sitting behind a computer for 15 hours all day, it takes 5 minutes : find your FTB folder (downloads), choose FTB, choose your modpack, choose minecraft, choose config, open the config with notePAD (noteblock just gives 1 line most of the time), Go to the appropriate sub title (gregtech got it ordered sometimes) and than change it to true or false. not that hard. and no, I don't hate on people who can't do it, I know some people who can't but I'm learning it to them and they enjoy every single bit of it, it's like an adventure, but not in a game.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Never said that it was a good config file, but that's why gregtech easy mode exists.

This is an asinine statement. "Easy mode" is an intentionally poisoned pill. It is an example of jackassery, not a solution.

2013-07-15_13.38.46.png

2013-07-15_13.38.56.png

2013-07-15_13.39.08.png

These recipes exist in "Gregtech easy mode", and yet base-IC2 changes still are in place.

FrankieTheSnake

Jul 29, 2019
This is an asinine statement. "Easy mode" is an intentionally poisoned pill. It is an example of jackassery, not a solution.

View attachment 6067

View attachment 6070

View attachment 6071

These recipes exist in "Gregtech easy mode":

I know, some of these configs are a joke, because he thinks those are 'needed', personnaly it's a little op to use tin on buckets. about the bronze I don't really care, it just takes some more copper and tin.

enneract

Jul 29, 2019
People shouldn't need to be computer savvy to play the game. It's not as simple as 123 for many people to muck with configs, especially GT.

Yea, they should, actually.

In fact, if you want to use a computer, you should be 'computer savvy'.

Julian Zhou

Jul 29, 2019
Greg tech isn't "Hard" Greg tech is not a "Challenge"

All this recipie nerf bullshit is just stalling for time because his mod doesnt do that much great stuff
I agree with you on the first statement. The second one is utter BS. GregTech is one of the mod advanced tech mods out there.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Are you kidding me? I have a Multifarm farm started within the first 30 minutes of my game play.

How nice for you. Not sure I should think this is hyperbole... Coal, the engines, the tin, the copper, a thermionic fabricator, the soldering iron, the circuit board, and apatite, the redstone, the pipes, the liquid pipes, the water source, and the saplings while not dying and feeding yourself... seems like a tall order for 30m unless your spawn is pretty lucky.

After that, the nerf is trivial. And some of us, learn to stock pile on wood so we have spares. I usually chop down so I have at least 100-200 wood. Even before, the nerf is trivial. I always stockpile on wood.

Not everyone wants to play the race-to-fully-automated-plantfarm just to have enough wood to build a house first. Not everyone is okay living in a cave and only can focus on other stuff once they have a house. Not everyone wants to invest in MJ infrastructure and would prefer to go right for other stuff. Not everyone is as good as your awesomeness, I guess. Certainly a multifarm is not in my 30m calendar. I'm happy to make sure I won't starve to death.

Modpacks need to accomodate many playstyles. This isn't design opinion, this is axiomatic.

So it seems presumptuous of you (but mostly of Greg) to rebalance something this core mechanic, especially given the relative heat values of planks and charcoal. You're forcing people to play a certain way instead of rewarding them for playing a certain way. This is a fundamentally bad design principle.

[DOUBLEPOST=1373921686][/DOUBLEPOST]
I agree with you on the first statement. The second one is utter BS. GregTech is one of the mod advanced tech mods out there.

Howso? What does it mean for a mod to be "advanced"? If you mean "technically sophisticated" this is definitely not true.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019

How exactly? There's very very few innovative, new design ideas. Plenty of half assed unfinished ideas, and a whole heap of reflecting on other mods and "rebalancing" them. Most advanced tech mods out there? Now THAT is utter BS.

Julian Zhou

Jul 29, 2019
How nice for you. Not sure I should think this is hyperbole... Power, the tin, the copper, a thermionic fabricator, the soldering iron, the circuit board, and apatite, the redstone, the pipes, the liquid pipes, the water source, and the saplings while not dying and feeding yourself... seems like a tall order for 30m unless your spawn is pretty lucky.

Not everyone wants to play the race-to-fully-automated-plantfarm just to have enough wood to build a house first. Not everyone is okay living in a cave and only can focus on other stuff. Not everyone wants to invest in MJ infrastructure and would prefer to go right for other stuff. So it seems presumptuous of you (but mostly of Greg) to rebalance something this fundamental.[DOUBLEPOST=1373921686][/DOUBLEPOST]

True. I should quickly note, that finding wood is trivial. I should also note, that I too live in a cave for the first few minecraft days. But that's because I am mining for the first 1-2 hours of the game. And after that I don't mine much if at all tbh. (Manually)[DOUBLEPOST=1373921950][/DOUBLEPOST]
How exactly? There's very very few innovative, new design ideas. Plenty of half assed unfinished ideas, and a whole heap of reflecting on other mods and "rebalancing" them. Most advanced tech mods out there? Now THAT is utter BS.

Try actually looking at the possibilities of GregTech before complaining. Because what you are saying right now sounds like something coming from a whiny baby

Yeah yea, IT's still buggy, Overpriced, And maintained by an asshole
Plenty of people agree with me on that, You might not though and i wont hold it against anyone who likes GT,

I'd be more forgiving if he'd make a decent UI for his machines, And i swear, One day everything will need diamonds, Furnace needs diamonds, stone pickaxe needs diamonds

STICKS NEED DIAMONDS

How many machines ACTUALLY have decent UIs? As far as I can see, almost none.

FrankieTheSnake

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah yea, IT's still buggy, Overpriced, And maintained by an asshole
Plenty of people agree with me on that, You might not though and i wont hold it against anyone who likes GT,

I'd be more forgiving if he'd make a decent UI for his machines

I agree you on all of that, Greg isn't the nicest person in the world and can't accept critisism, It's buggy, he has some nice idea's tho and about overpricing it's for people who like it and who don't like it.

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
How many machines ACTUALLY have decent UIs? As far as I can see, almost none.

Ic2 does it reasonable

Thermal expansion is GREAT,

Forestry <3

And what do you mean possibilities, He's just doing everything other mods are doing, And making it expensive enough you have to spend x number of hours faffing about with it

Reactions: egor66

Julian Zhou

Jul 29, 2019
[quote="KirinDave, post: 352034, member: 26391
[DOUBLEPOST=1373921686][/DOUBLEPOST]

Howso? What does it mean for a mod to be "advanced"? If you mean "technically sophisticated" this is definitely not true.[/quote]

A mod is advanced when its technology is technologically sophiscated. And GregTech's Machines are technologically superior than most other machines out there.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
True. I should quickly note, that finding wood is trivial. I should also note, that I too live in a cave for the first few minecraft days. But that's because I am mining for the first 1-2 hours of the game. And after that I don't mine much if at all tbh. (Manually)
WOW! So in first 1-2 hours you're in a mine AND setting up a forestry treefarm! Aren't you just amazing?
Try actually looking at the possibilities of GregTech before complaining. Because what you are saying right now sounds like something coming from a whiny baby
Try telling me exactly what I said that was incorrect rather than just going "hmm yeah, you're wrong and you sound like this" because right now, you sound like a toddler throwing a tantrum.

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
Different opinions = People yelling about it instead of having any sembelance of civil discussion, Whysit always go like this :c

FrankieTheSnake

Jul 29, 2019
Off topic note : Why all this raging to each other, try to be calm. It's not gonna help if you are all biting of each other's toes .

Status
Not open for further replies.