Greg's done it again.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't it make more sense to wear it down to nearly zero, then slap electric on it and "lock it" to fast speeds, in a sense?

I inevitably make all my tools electric anyways.
Yeah most likely yes, but I dont often mine by hand, I use the hammer & shovel more for digging out rooms or the likes, oh & mining quarts & souls sand in nether now & then.

Flaoua

Jul 29, 2019
the problem is, if you stop caring about such minor, yet pointless and annoying things, you have a risk of running into situation when whole modpack and vanilla will be like that.

I don't know about vanilla, but so what if the "With GregTech" modpack moves on with its own setup ? Those that are butthurt about the changes can host their own server, write their own reverse-nerfs mod, play creative, and so many other options.

But nooo, you have to force your view on other people.

Minecraft was meant for open play. It still is.

Don't like a config ? Change it.
No config for a change ? Deal with it.

That's life. Learn to live with it.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know about vanilla, but so what if the "With GregTech" modpack moves on with its own setup ? Those that are butthurt about the changes can host their own server, write their own reverse-nerfs mod, play creative, and so many other options.

so its bad for me to share my opinion on how thing should be in modpack(i personally talk about ultimate), but its ok for greg to force his opinion on modpack?
what a load of crap...

the config argument has always made me giggle, but after TiC and GT accident it makes me laugh...

Flaoua

Jul 29, 2019
so its bad for me to share my opinion on how thing should be in modpack(i personally talk about ultimate), but its ok for greg to force his opinion on modpack?
what a load of crap...

the config argument has always made me giggle, but after TiC and GT accident it makes me laugh...

And I personally talk about the "With Greg Tech".

You should realize that if the 1.5.2 pre-Ultimate pack has been split in two packs regarding GregTech, there is a reason, right ?

I don't think the FTB makers are not seeing the split between the ones that enjoy GT on the whole and the ones who dislike the recent changes. Let leave them a constructive opinion on what You/We want in a modpack, and not whine on what you don't want.

GregTech does not force anything on anyone. Actually, it's funny to see that the only player that matters to him is himself, and that's fine by me.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
GregTech does not force anything on anyone. Actually, it's funny to see that the only player that matters to him is himself, and that's fine by me.

doesnt force? i`m pretty sure some people will prove you wrong...

does greg even play his mod (as standalone)? i`m pretty sure he doesnt.

Flaoua

Jul 29, 2019
doesnt force? i`m pretty sure some people will prove you wrong...

You are "pretty sure" ? How can you allow yourself to make such a statement by being "pretty sure" ?

does greg even play his mod (as standalone)? i`m pretty sure he doesnt.

Again you are just "pretty sure". Well on this topic I'm certain he does. 100% sure. With proof and all.

Well, not that it is hard to find, actually, you just have to follow his topic to find out.

I can see that you want to play Minecraft the way you want and it is really, really fine. Just create your own modpack and who knows, if it is really interesting and distinctive, people may follow you.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019

Most of the people commenting here kinda like gregtech but are against the newest changes. The only butthurt I see is coming from the ignorant fanboys who haven't got a clue. You fall into that catagory. Let us complain in peace thank you very much!
You don't like us complaining? Don't read it.
Can't help but read it?
Deal with it.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
And yet I'm the butthurt...

Alas, I really don't care about you.
Please continue to rant and waste your time doing so.

I shall, please go away while I do so, for I fear that if you stay, you will just end up getting more and more angry.. you may even decide to vent your worthless opinion that no one gives a damn about and will be told, yet again, that no one cares.

Now I'm truly curious as to whether all of you would actually say this to Greg's face. :)

I can't speak German.

Reactions: Pokefenn

Cacofiend

Jul 29, 2019

Did you really think about this argument before you used it?

1.)Having to reverse engineer a mod, enter creative, or whatever else to undo a mod which is far over reaching its boundaries is the antithesis of bringing together the better mods created for Minecraft, removing the tedium from installing them all, and making them all play nicely together.

If I have to write mod A to undo pieces of mod B interfering with mods C-Z (and now vanilla) -and- this mod author is leaving many of these changes out of the configuration changes, this entails that the author of mod B is...oh dear god...forcing his views onto other people. This brings me to point 2:

2.) That argument is self defeating. Most of those complaining here like aspects of GregTech (and this is at least the dozenth time this has been presented, please pay attention) but he's not making changes, even arbitrary changes, to his own mod. He's making sweeping and superfluous changes because he can, and he's forcing other mods (and by extension, other mod authors) to follow suit.

No, people griping here aren't forcing anyone to do anything. Greg, however, is, and so are you when you argue changing configs and writing counter mods and whatever else to defend something which is blatantly arbitrary and meaningless, and adds nothing by way of content or depth to the game.

By the by, "Deal with it" fits into this point as well.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
You are "pretty sure" ? How can you allow yourself to make such a statement by being "pretty sure" ?

Again you are just "pretty sure". Well on this topic I'm certain he does. 100% sure. With proof and all.

Well, not that it is hard to find, actually, you just have to follow his topic to find out.

I can see that you want to play Minecraft the way you want and it is really, really fine. Just create your own modpack and who knows, if it is really interesting and distinctive, people may follow you.

i`m sure, but their concerns just doesnt bother me, so it`d be better for me to leave these arguments to them.

from what i heard server that Greg plays on, has TE recipe for MPS, which are created for him.. which make me think he doesnt really play him mod in a way he intended.

if i`m to make my own modpack(which is very unlikely) it simply wouldnt include ic2 and thus gt.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
And yet I'm the butthurt...

Alas, I really don't care about you.
Please continue to rant and waste your time doing so.

You came into this thread about 12 pages in. Presumably you read the whole thread. If you did, you should have gotten a feel for the way most people are responding to these recent changes to the mod. When people see a change that they don't like with something that they care about, it is a legitimate human reaction to complain. Especially when the complainants go into their own little corner of a forum, surely its ok. Furthermore, declaring that you don't care about someone, a stranger, on a forum you have only been on for two days is a bit childish, don't you think?

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
He speaks English, as far as I have read.

And yet I'm the ignorant and clueless one.

You should stop rage-drooling on your keyboard. It's making it way too easy for me :)

easy for you to do what exactly? Write a response that only you think is clever and witty and funny? Let's have a look at how many people are liking your posts on the matter...
None.
Now how about mine?
Oh would you look at that, more.

You completely ignored where I wass directly replying to you, and instead quoted me on something seperate. Yes, yes you are the ignorant and clueless one. Now please go away.

hhhjort

Jul 29, 2019
I think some people or missing a crucial human factor when complaining about people complaining about GregTech changes. We humans are competitive, and like to at least compare what we are able to accomplish against what other people are able to accomplish. What that means with respect to configuring GregTech, and modding in general, is that we can't just all quietly go and configure our SSP worlds to just how we prefer and never speak of it to anyone. We want some consensus on a configuration so we can meaningfully talk to each other about our accomplishments. For example saying "I just set up a quarry in my mining age" implies a whole different amount of effort if I am playing wgt or ngt. If we throw up our hands and say "Everyone go configure however you like and make sure not even the NSA finds out what config you are using" then we will not be able to talk to each other about our accomplishments meaningfully.

The above does not even touch on SMP servers. On a server, you will need a consensus on what the configs will be, as everyone will need to use them. This cannot come about without people discussing what they like and dislike about the mods, and the config options. So I cannot agree with people who say "If you don't like the configs as shipped, shut up and change them yourself". I can go along with requests that criticism be more constructive, and people who have nothing more to say than "GregTech bad! Boo Hiss" shut up and let more reasoned discussion happen.

Now there is also a reason that GregTech gets a lot more heat about changes than most other mods. Say for example I am interested in setting up Forestry farms and bee breeding, with a little BC automation, and using MFR to set up an automated cow farm with just enough IC2 to power MFR and provide a diamond drill. Now it wouldn't matter to me if Thaumcraft, TiC, or most other mods are installed or not. But Gregtech (except on the "super easy" settings) being installed will impact on what I would need to do to implement the above. So on choosing a server to play on, I would not care much if these other mods were installed or not, I could easily ignore them. However I would care if GregTech is installed, as it goes beyond simply integrating with other mods and actually modifies them to suit the GregTech vision. That is why you have so many people commenting on the Gregtech impact, as opposed to example Forestry changes.

In short, can we promote reasoned discussion on GregTech options (no GregTech is an option), and avoid hating on GregTech or hating on questioning GregTech "as shipped"? Oh wait, this is the internet. Still one can always hope.

QKninja

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's time for me to drop GT altogether. It was fun while it lasted, even though I had to change the configs so that it didn't mess with other mods. Some of the machines were expensive, but could be worth it for the output. However, I like my mods to be fairly isolated: the vanilla iron sword / pick recipe shouldn't change. Sorry Greg, you've gone off the deep end. The mod is more trouble than it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.