Greg Tech opinion discussions go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoho

Jul 29, 2019
I'd honestly like to know why nerfing wood a.) needed to be done in the first place and b.) why this nerf was so important that Greg had to intentionally crash the game over it.
Because vanilla itself is badly balanced.
Crash was not because he so much wanted the nerf but because mDyio made gregs configuration option for turning the nerf off not work at all.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
I'd honestly like to know why nerfing wood a.) needed to be done in the first place and b.) why this nerf was so important that Greg had to intentionally crash the game over it.

That's the big deal. The nerf was never needed. He was just nerfing it for the sake of nerfing it. It wasn't important whatsoever, but greg still threw a hissy fit over it. And now we're here. Arguing with fanboys over something that shouldn't have happened in the first place. It's like flowerchild all over again.

Reactions: jmixmaster

dakamojo

Jul 29, 2019
I don't get it. Why is this the only allowed GregTech thread? I have a question about the plate bending machine. I can't create another GregTech thread?

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
I don't get it. Why is this the only allowed GregTech thread? I have a question about the plate bending machine. I can't create another GregTech thread?

It's the only one because there's way too many that are just complaining about it. And most of the questions about GT have already been asked many many times over. Just ask your question here :)

Hyperme

Popular Member
Apr 3, 2013
Crash was not because he so much wanted the nerf but because mDyio made gregs configuration option for turning the nerf off not work at all.

How is four planks from one wood 'badly balanced'?

Droideka30

Jul 29, 2019
Did I just read that right? If vanilla itself is "badly balanced," how the heck did Minecraft become so enormously popular? Millions of people have played through the game with one wood equaling four planks. No one but Greg ever saw this as a major imbalance.

MissRaptor

Jul 29, 2019
Reading the arguments and the details it just seems like a lot of unprofessional BS on both ends. Yeah maybe the wood nerf was a bit much but that is just par for the course of Gregtech, making stuff arbitrarily more drawn out since its inception. But it is a config, just like any of the nerfs to IC2 recipes and other things. Just as it can be on, it can be turned off. In this case MDiyo took the first shot and directly made a change to effect GT's wood change. I can't say for sure if he was aware of GT's coding to crash when his mod is conflicted with I dunno. Though I'd wager just about any mod whose items are directly conflicted with would cause game issues. However the Pumpkin of Shame, despite sounding hilarious, and the crashing code was very childish as well. Honestly shame on both of the modders, it doesn't inspire a lot of faith in you.

If I had to personally chose between the two mods going forward I'd easily chose gregtech. Not because Tinker's Construct is a bad mod on the contrary I use it in my own modded minecraft folder. More because when it comes to the typical FTB set up, IE lots of machines that make the game too quick and easy by dropping extra everything in your lap, I really like how gregtech ties the mods together and puts effort back into the game. (At least for a while) It forces you to make machines and take routes you'd of likely never taken otherwise with many different mods. In that way I feel its a bigger boon to packs then TC's never breaking easy mode tools.

Though I'd rather not have to chose. Why can't the modders act like reasonable adults and we could have both?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
No I can't.
Ahh yes, one of the trials of being a Moderator is being unable to filter people out. Heavy lies the head which wears the Moderator tag. It must be a particular headache in times like these.

You do an amazing job on these forums, and I have nothing but respect for you. Thank you for all your hard work to make the FTB forums one of the most sensible and reasonable I visit.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019

it didn't work in the first place -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.