Greg Tech opinion discussions go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoho

Jul 29, 2019
Apparantly the config option was broken when GT was used in conjunction with Tinker's (this is ignoring the config didn't even originally exist), which lead to mDiyo making it default to the vanilla recipes.

At least that's what I understand from the conversation.
Well, in that case you have been reading some wrong information. Care to link it so we could see who was the originator for that?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
My two cents are as follows

As a result of Gregorious deciding to intentionally crash Minecraft just to make a point,

• I will never create an instance which contains GregTech
  • I will never include GregTech in any Mod Pack in which I have input as to which mods are included/excluded.
  • My response to anything Gregorious does from here on out is: ERROR! Damn Not Given.
This is really the extent of what I can accomplish with respect to this... farce. I have neither the responsibility nor the right to tell other people what to do with their copy of Minecraft, so attempting to go any further than that would be simply ludicrous. The only thing I can control are my personal actions. So I wash my hands of this mess, and shake the dust from my sandals.

Gregorious crashed Minecraft as a bid for attention. In my opinion, that was an unethical and immoral decision. This, then, is my response. He may continue doing whatever he wishes with his mod. He can even continue crashing Minecraft with his mod, if that is what he wants to do. I will not permit it to impact me, or my users (unless they wish to manually include GregTech themselves, which is their choice and right as end-user), in the slightest from here on out.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
as we all know, greg has overwritten BC`s quarry recipe by his mod, which means that he altered a recipe added by other mod.
mdyio has overwritten GT`s recipe for planks by his mod, which means that he altered a recipe added by other mod.

now question to all GT zealots people that think mdyio has done something bad to GT: what is the difference between greg`s and mdyo`s deeds?

stamgast

Jul 29, 2019
never like greg tec. if he would ad a function that furbies willl kill mobs for me i may think about it. but greg tec sucks my opionion.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
never like greg tec. if he would ad a function that furbies willl kill mobs for me i may think about it. but greg tec sucks my opionion.
poke mDiyo maybe just maybe if enough of us pester him he will make furbies :rolleyes:

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
As a public service message, I'd like to state that you can also click on a user's name, then click 'ignore'. It cleans up much of this thread when applied judiciously.

Most people in this thread are being civil. There's around three or so whom have earned a place on my ignore list, and the forum is now a much cleaner place from my perspective.

Always remember: Don't Feed The Trolls.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think I can, either, so can you please offer an example?

http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7156&pageNo=842

You may have to scroll down a bit, but it's the one about enderchests. He blames it on ChickenBones.[DOUBLEPOST=1374174826][/DOUBLEPOST]
As a public service message, I'd like to state that you can also click on a user's name, then click 'ignore'. It cleans up much of this thread when applied judiciously.

Most people in this thread are being civil. There's around three or so whom have earned a place on my ignore list, and the forum is now a much cleaner place from my perspective.

Oh dear, I hope i'm not one.

kaasknak

Jul 29, 2019
The longer this discussion is lasting the more it starts to get into a fight where some people say:
I don't like GregTech so it should be removed.

As to the new members:
I am also a new member since today and I also noted the amount of new users.
I guess a lot of people just really felt like sharing their opinion on this subject.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7156&pageNo=842

You may have to scroll down a bit, but it's the one about enderchests. He blames it on ChickenBones.

Ah.

Which mod "causes" it ... I'd need some look at the source code for the mods to know for sure, and some experience reading/writing source, which ... er.

For the purposes of this bug discussion, I'm going to predict each dev's going to blame the bug on the other, inducing an absolute symmetry between the two.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019

only 3 man these guys need to work harder, for me its just the one.[DOUBLEPOST=1374175188][/DOUBLEPOST]
The longer this discussion is lasting the more it starts to get into a fight where some people say:
I don't like GregTech so it should be removed.

As to the new members:
I am also a new member since today and I also noted the amount of new users.
I guess a lot of people just really felt like sharing their opinion on this subject.
Yep & each have a right to as long as its not abusive.

CrissHill

Jul 29, 2019
as we all know, greg has overwritten BC`s quarry recipe by his mod, which means that he altered a recipe added by other mod.
mdyio has overwritten GT`s recipe for planks by his mod, which means that he altered a recipe added by other mod.

now question to all GT zealots people that think mdyio has done something bad to GT: what is the difference between greg`s and mdyo`s deeds?

Because GT's mod is about increasing the progression curve and create better intermod compability. Mdiyo's mod is about creating overpowered tools.

Mdiyo attacked GT because he was butthurt. GT retaliated in a very stupid way. end of story.

Hoho

Jul 29, 2019

You may have to scroll down a bit, but it's the one about enderchests. He blames it on ChickenBones.
Greg and CB actually seem to be in a quite good relationship often pointing out bugs in each other's mods. As for that thing in particular you can see this "I use pure vanilla Code (and pure IC² Code for the electric Stuff) to make my Tools. Nothing in my Container Item Code is "special", what ensures compatibility with most Mods."

I'm willing to bet money on the bug really being on CB side.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Because GT's mod is about increasing the progression curve and create better intermod compability. Mdiyo's mod is about creating overpowered tools.

Mdiyo attacked GT because he was butthurt. GT retaliated in a very stupid way. end of story.
Your as bad as Hoho now just repeating the same text over & over, guess its 2 now.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019

Unfortunately it's not "end of story", otherwise you wouldn't still be talking. And where did you get the idea that TC is overpowered? It has every protection in place to prevent that. Clearly you have never used it.

jmixmaster

Jul 29, 2019
I'd honestly like to know why nerfing wood a.) needed to be done in the first place and b.) why this nerf was so important that Greg had to intentionally crash the game over it.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019

No I can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.