Greg Tech opinion discussions go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droideka30

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't make much sense to have as efficient way to gather resources by hand than with the help of tools. For people that didn't agree there has always been a config option for it.
Wait, what? Do you honestly claim vanilla is perfectly balanced and doesn't need any changes at all, ever?

There are countless examples in history where something was considered normal for a long time until someone pointed out how ridiculous it is. For an example rights of black people, slavery and allowing women to vote and generally have equal rights.
No, I did not just claim that all of vanilla is perfectly balanced. I claimed that basic recipes like wooden planks and iron pickaxes are balanced enough that they've worked perfectly fine ever since they were implemented.
By the way, comparing Gregtech's nerfs to the civil rights movement is a bit ridiculous.

Reactions: apemanzilla

CrissHill

Jul 29, 2019
If Greg's changing the core gameplay, he should do it in his own modpack, instead of forcing it on everyone playing FTB.

In fact, you should ask slowpoke what he thinks is the core gameplay of the FTB Ultimate pack.[DOUBLEPOST=1374176941][/DOUBLEPOST]
How about, list the ones that intentionally crash because another mod changes one of their recipes.

None. List mods that intentionally tries to break another mod's sole purpose? clue: Starts with a T and ends to a T. Has 2 words.

Hoho

Jul 29, 2019
I claimed that basic recipes like wooden planks and iron pickaxes are balanced enough that they've worked perfectly fine ever since they were implemented.
The reason is they worked too well.
By the way, comparing Gregtech's nerfs to the civil rights movement is a bit ridiculous.
I merely brought examples where a long held common knowledge was changed basically by thinking about it long enough. I'm almost certain that won't happen in vanilla-MC any time soon, though, but I wouldn't be surprised if other mods follow suite for rebalancing vanilla. Several mods out there that does do any significant rebalancing of it already do similar changes to picks for example.

dakamojo

Jul 29, 2019
What is the purpose of the two input boxes on the plate bending machine? It seems like the first one is just a queue for the second one. Or are there recipes that require two different types of inputs? If so I haven't found any using NEI. Any why two output boxes?

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Chickencore for one

I think this proves my previous point.

In fact, you should ask slowpoke what he thinks is the core gameplay of the FTB Ultimate pack.[DOUBLEPOST=1374176941][/DOUBLEPOST]

None. List mods that intentionally tries to break another mod's sole purpose? clue: Starts with a T and ends to a T. Has 2 words.

You do know that it was greg that implemented the crash right? Not MDiyo?

Hoho

Jul 29, 2019
What is the purpose of the two input boxes on the plate bending machine? It seems like the first one is just a queue for the second one. Or are there recipes that require two different types of inputs? If so I haven't found any using NEI. Any why two output boxes?
Mostly for convenience sake. It also helps to make writing the mod easier if you can share the basic way how UI works between several machines.

Of course there are some machines where both input/output slots do get used for crafting things.[DOUBLEPOST=1374177272][/DOUBLEPOST]
You do know that it was greg that implemented the crash right? Not MDiyo?
He was hinting at a mod making it impossible for the other mod conf to be used. Crashing is another issue and has not been considered a valid "solution" by anyone relevant.

CrissHill

Jul 29, 2019
How about, list the ones that intentionally crash because another mod changes one of their recipes.

My intention is not to say that GT didn't do stupid things. My intention is to make it aware that Mdiyo did stupid things which GT overreacted to. And now, scared of other people trying to hack his mod he left a trigger that will cause an exception if anything else tries to hack it again.

That's what i'm trying to get through to people

The forum community of FTB are so much against GT that they dont even listen to and see the whole picture of what happened, instead they just want to "REMOVE GT BECAUSE MALICIOUS BWAAH BWAAH BWAAH" also "Mdiyo didnt do anything wrong. IT MUST BE GREG!"

Reactions: Hoho and Itaros

Droideka30

Jul 29, 2019
Ah yes, but I don't think Greg is forcing them to add the mod to FTB... FTB team is adding it themselves.
Well, then, maybe they just shouldn't add it. Alternatively, Greg could add configs to disable ALL of his nerfs, (even better, a single config like de-nerfEverything=true/false), and they could be set to not nerf everything by default in the FTB ultimate pack.

Pianoguy98

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with MissRaptor. I believe that while Greg was wrong in his decision to intentionally crash the game, I would still prefer to use GT, as I enjoy the challenges that it brings to modded Minecraft. For those of you with the argument that a macerator is too expensive with GT, the Thermal Expansion Pulverizer is works just as well, if not better.

xXJollyXx

Jul 29, 2019
The crashing specific version of Gregtech has updated so it doesn't crash. I did have a 0.9 release of 1.5.2 FTB ready to roll, but .. this all occurred.

As I've said on the IC2 forums, I can not and will not release a pack that is *designed* to crash.
Yes, so we can just for now have a non GT Version and get the GT one as soon as possible (Oh, and greg has lost basically ALL his followers. Greg=Retard)

jmixmaster

Jul 29, 2019
So Greg can change other mod's recipes to his liking without a config (the bronze nerf and tin bucket nerf config option zomg u wnt creitive hur u go 111 items!11! does NOT count), but when Gregtech breaks another mod with his nerf, and that modder actually takes a stand against it, Greg decides to crash the whole damn game.

It's hypocrisy. And for the record, Greg did fire the first shot.

CrissHill

Jul 29, 2019
So Greg can change other mod's recipes to his liking without a config (the bronze nerf and tin bucket nerf config option zomg u wnt creitive hur u go 111 items!11! does NOT count), but when Gregtech breaks another mod with his nerf, and that modder actually takes a stand against it, Greg decides to crash the whole damn game.

I would understand if it was Sengir attacking Greg for not having configs for forestry bronze for example... but this was Mdiyo attacking GT for a recipe change in VANILLA minecraft. and how did Greg fire the first shot?

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019

Could not have said it better myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.