Future of Mods With 1.5

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Are 1.5 And The New Mods Good?

• Yes

Votes: 56 84.8%
  • No

Votes: 10 15.2%

• Total voters

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Eloraam is my GOD, and nothing will change dat!

new song.

ps: right click a timer with a pneumatic tube ;)

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Wow! It took me, like, three different days to read this entire topic. You guys are amazing! And also I am very disappointed in you guys, *tsk tsk*. (Should I put a period inside or outside the asterisks?) Very disrespectful! JK, but seriously. Also, how do I get to active member? Also, On the topic of the post, I think that mods will be absolutely fine! It's funny when modders make remarks about silly things. I love your ideas for Witches, Cats, and Dogs, Guswut! For those who believe Redpower is dumb, maybe you don't like redstone. There are those who love love love redstone (me) and love her (Eloraam's) logic gates. If you don't like redstone, fine with me. We all have our opinions, I like RP, you don't. We are all different. We can't go fighting about how "my opinion is better than yours" or "BC is better then RP" or "Your opinion is stupid" or "Wow you're retarded" or whatever. If we could just stop thinking about ourselves and how everybody should have our opinion, we could all get along. The flame war part of this thread should be completely deleted, I say.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Wow! It took me, like, three different days to read this entire topic. You guys are amazing! And also I am very disappointed in you guys, *tsk tsk*. (Should I put a period inside or outside the asterisks?) Very disrespectful! JK, but seriously. Also, how do I get to active member? Also, On the topic of the post, I think that mods will be absolutely fine! It's funny when modders make remarks about silly things. I love your ideas for Witches, Cats, and Dogs, Guswut! For those who believe Redpower is dumb, maybe you don't like redstone. There are those who love love love redstone (me) and love her (Eloraam's) logic gates. If you don't like redstone, fine with me. We all have our opinions, I like RP, you don't. We are all different. We can't go fighting about how "my opinion is better than yours" or "BC is better then RP" or "Your opinion is stupid" or "Wow you're retarded" or whatever. If we could just stop thinking about ourselves and how everybody should have our opinion, we could all get along. The flame war part of this thread should be completely deleted, I say.
Followed...
And the way I got active member :)D) is to get I think 25 likes and post 100 comments (you are already a member)
In total I have 25-30 trophy points which is what you have to get for active member
If you are confused go to: Help and Trophies...

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
@Peffern: Something thought. Maybe I missed it but exactly how does signal strength do anything? WIll it still power your piston, iron door, ect? If yes and the change in strength is minimal then nothing really too hot. Hoppers will be awesome mixed in with other sorters and by themselves. The block helps with storage and getting rid of BUD switches (I think).

While I do agree that BC helps a lot early on in the game the pipes cause issues as well as the tubes. Pipes are not smart enough for some tasks while tubes can case lag issues. RP2, to me, allows for a bigger variety of ways to get things done.

Also welcome to the forums. ^_^

Not only what Dravarden has said, but signal strenght also impacts how many blocks a redstone signal will travel, in a 1 for 1 basis. If the strenght is 15, then it travels the normal 15 blocks, if it's 7, then it travels up to 7 blocks, and then needs to be reinforced. This is actually pretty cool, because it allows you to use this fact to power a line of pistons sequentially, for example. This, in fact, gives redstone a unique feature that's NOT present in Eloraam's Red Alloy Wire, which is the ability to modulate signal strength. My example of pistons being activated sequentially is just one example of just what might be possible by modulating the signal strength.

Hoppers & Iron & Gold pressure plates emit different strength redstone signals depending on how many items are in them. Pressure plates can be used as the input for a "password", where the password is a given number of items thrown in the pressure plate, in order to produce a specific signal strength, with all other signal strengths activating either traps or doing nothing. Hoppers give the ability to use the modulated signal in order to sort items. All of these are welcome changes.

HOWEVER, cool as they may be, i don't think updating Redstone should be what Mojang fixes on right now. Lots of room for improvement in terrain/world gen, and the game engine, as well as outstanding bugs & glitches, and the development of alternative higher quality official texture packs.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Red alloy wire is fully compatible with signal strength, just redpower redstone transmitting things take strength 255 from source, but if you feed them with signal of lesser strength it will behave as expected. Redpower is not replacement for redstone for me, it is expanding it. From my experience it works flawlessly with normal redstone, in contrast to other mods like IC2, TC3, BC, RC or XyCraft. I tend to limit myself to gates that do things tedious with normal redstone, like timers, state cells or counters, because I actually like mechanics of redstone (NOR and delay is enough for everything).

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
What is this MageCraft vs. ThaumCraft? IMO MageCraft adds kinda better content (I'm biased to that) but I like them both. I think MageCraft will have worse drawbacks however.

Speaking of which, I think ThaumCraft is kinda based on Discworld (Silverwood trees, hungry chest.. lol) and Greenwolf just decided to do a bit of a revamp involving Discworld has the basis. So, that's why they'll both have a Thaumometer, etc..

Also, Azanor watches Doctor Who. (I just needed to say that somewhere.)

P.S. Guswut = boss

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
P.S. Guswut = boss
You think Guswut is a boss?
Like...perhaps...Rick Ross?
xtrKidt.png

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Followed...
And the way I got active member :)D) is to get I think 25 likes and post 100 comments (you are already a member)
In total I have 25-30 trophy points which is what you have to get for active member
If you are confused go to: Help and Trophies...
Yay! Thanks!

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Yay! Thanks!
Yw[DOUBLEPOST=1363745369][/DOUBLEPOST]
What is this MageCraft vs. ThaumCraft? IMO MageCraft adds kinda better content (I'm biased to that) but I like them both. I think MageCraft will have worse drawbacks however.

Speaking of which, I think ThaumCraft is kinda based on Discworld (Silverwood trees, hungry chest.. lol) and Greenwolf just decided to do a bit of a revamp involving Discworld has the basis. So, that's why they'll both have a Thaumometer, etc..

Also, Azanor watches Doctor Who. (I just needed to say that somewhere.)

P.S. Guswut = boss

There are two types of people in this world:
Those who like Guswut and idiots

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I need to learn Photoshop or some graphical editing. You can obviously see the basic flaws with Paint and the fact that I'm using a laptop trackpad :p

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
HOLY LORD GUYS IF YOU GIVE A GOLEM A FEZ AND A BOWTIE, then I gave it a sonic, it sang the Doctor Who Theme song. I literally love Azanor's putting that gem in. I tested and it only does it with a sonic. Sorry for Sphax BTW, the sonic in it looks more like the sonic. so I used it. Sadly, I don't have the ThaumTextures cuz, frankly I'm too lazy to update it. I'm gonna make this in SSP, and it can be my best friend :DDD

Here is the "Pics or didn't happen."

http://imgur.com/tgUDHpS

You'll have to pick the golem up and place it down for multiple uses, otherwise it won't do it.

Also, I added "Push to open" and Police telephone box, and made it larger, and put a door. Wrathlamp on top. I'll make a thread later on gems like this
tgUDHpS

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
On the subject of vanilla Minecraft, I'm actually okay with it being a bit plain and lacking features. It is, at its heart, digital Legos, a sandbox game at its finest.
The more content it gets, the more structured it becomes. the more restrictive that sandbox gets. Leaving it fairly open lets you design and play pretty much any way you can imagine, and that is something that is fairly rare in a video game.

For those of us who need or want a more structured environment, there are mods. There will always be mods. If you want to build a technical paradise, there are mods for that. You want to build a RPG experience, complete with magic and boss monsters, you can do that. Pretty much anything you can imagine, you can find a mod for it, no matter how serious or silly. This is only possible when the base game is fairly basic. The more structured vanilla MNinecraft gets, the harder it will be to shoehorn mods into it.

And you guys should note that this game is fairly unique in that it is being actively developed even after it has been officially released, and none of that new content is in the form of microtransactions or DLC. The only thing we are getting is the new Minecraft Realms, an optional hosting service for SMP worlds, basically Mojang doing what other hosting companies have been doing for years now. Complain about it all you want, but realize that for $20, or less if you bought the game in Beta or Alpha, you are getting a ton of value for your money. And that is not even going into the subject of mods.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I suspect that one of the major headaches in 1.5 for Redpower will be the fact that any texture can be animated - I think all microblocks are static textured at the moment, microblocks require a lot of custom rendering code, so in theory microblocks will have to be animated which might be difficult and could look really weird.