Future of Mods With 1.5

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Are 1.5 And The New Mods Good?

• Yes

Votes: 56 84.8%
  • No

Votes: 10 15.2%

• Total voters

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
They don't. It's a reference to how stupid the cow's default texture looks. Don't worry if you don't understand, that is not unforgivable.

Then go retexture it if you can do better, now vanilla supports HD texture packs!

Every time you say that something is bad, do it yourself, and do it better, see how easy it is.

Reactions: ILoveGregTech

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Then go retexture it if you can do better, now vanilla supports HD texture packs!

I've done that, although I did it to make it look even more mentally challenged. It's part of the reason that I enjoy my T5 cow shard so much.

Every time you say that something is bad, do it yourself, and do it better, see how easy it is.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

How about, every time you tell someone "lol you should go do it yourself then, ok? lololololololol!" you stop to actually think about what you're suggesting, and then not post because all of your posts in that regard are ill-informed and overly pointless to the topic.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
... There I won MC because I survived. No need to do anything else...
We killed the Ender Dragon last night, me and two RL friends on a private DW20 server. I showed the others how to farm endermen while standing under a platform and stabbing them in the legs, and one said, "Why do we need XP? We've killed the dragon now." - I was dumbstruck.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
We killed the Ender Dragon last night, me and two RL friends on a private DW20 server. I showed the others how to farm endermen while standing under a platform and stabbing them in the legs, and one said, "Why do we need XP? We've killed the dragon now." - I was dumbstruck.

Hahahah! You should have pushed them into the portal, and let them read the credits (yes, all fifteen years of them), as that explains why the ender dragon isn't the "true" end of the game. Not all that well, but it was Notch's philosophical choice to aim for that direction, and it's as good as most any.

Reactions: OmegaPython

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
And yet some people complain about all the "useless" biomes like plains, tundra, oceans, etc. - Mojang's job is impossible. You want variety and diversity and exploring, other people want everything easily accessible within 64 chunks of the spawn.

People complain about them being useless, because Mojang added them in a whim as a half-assed implementation, with NO ACTUAL FEATURES. IF, and IF they had their specific resources to be gathered from them, speecific generated structures, fauna & flora, they wouldn't be so useless now, would they?

That's the problem. Oceans have had nothing in them but squids since INDEV. Snow biomes haven't given us anything but SNOW since they were added. MOST biomes are like this. Minecraft as it is right now, in Vanilla, is a very bland and boring landscape, extending for up to 2 million blocks in every direction. You dig down, plant trees, build a massive house, play around with redstone, get bored, download mods, and then suddenly your world is populated with actual features.

This is the actual state of minecraft. There simply aren't enough features in vanilla, to make you really want to explore the world, or even leave the spawn area. Every different biome just has different Aesthetics, and no actual features or unique resources. In fact, ExtraBiomesXL also suffers from this syndrome.

On top of that, there's the thing about updating the engine, making it more optimized.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
If this forum had an ROFL smiley, I'd use it.

Here you go:

ROFL4.gif

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Oceans have had nothing in them but squids since INDEV. Snow biomes haven't given us anything but SNOW since they were added. MOST biomes are like this. Minecraft as it is right now, in Vanilla, is a very bland and boring landscape, extending for up to 2 million blocks in every direction. You dig down, plant trees, build a massive house, play around with redstone, get bored, download mods, and then suddenly your world is populated with actual features.
That's the point of Minecraft, isn't it? I like that there is terrain to pass through while looking for villages and strongholds and ocelots and redwoods. It makes the world feel like a huge world, rather than a neat little puzzle where every piece interlocks and has a pre-defined purpose.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
That's the point of Minecraft, isn't it? I like that there is terrain to pass through while looking for villages and strongholds and ocelots and redwoods. It makes the world feel like a huge world, rather than a neat little puzzle where every piece interlocks and has a pre-defined purpose.

The problem then, which I've yet to see be addressed, is that there should be a way to allow yourself to switch between those two systems whenever you want. A biome-specific compass that would allow you to detect the direction to the nearest biome of the type you specify would allow a way to get past this limitation whilst also giving you the ability to ignore that functionality and keep playing in a world of mystery.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019

I love the way the world is big. But i wanted it to be populated with actual features, and not with the same landscape for every biome with nothing specific to them other than appearance.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
How is tekkit overpowered he asks!!! Hahahaha LOL
Buddy does EE2 ring a bell? I'm just saying but after a quick trip to level 12 and the nether you can have infinite diamonds (with time)
If that's not OP then I'm Ludwig Van Beethoven

Tekkit itself is not "op", EE2 is "op", is what you mean to say.
And FTB is op by comparison. Between EE3, Railcraft, IC2, TE, GT, and the slew of other mods available, you can get cobblestone to make tons of materials, from iron to gold to diamonds (oh my!).
Turning Cobblestone to diamonds? Hmm...

Oh yeah, this isn't a tekkit rage thread, it's a 1.5 mods thread. By your "logic", lava is overpowered in vanilla, allowing you to get infinite cobblestone. Oh, and water's overpowered, cause it can get you infinite water. Redstone? OP! Obsidian galore? And don't forget trees. Trees are the epitome (or the opitome) of OP. In fact, you're op.

You may not understand the concept of a sandbox. If you're using EE2 correctly, yes, you can get some balance issues. But don't lie and say that it didn't help you learn the other mods faster since you had more materials.
And...Ludwig Van Beethoven?
DYv6rEd.png

I thought so.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
If KingLemming did say that doesn't that show that yes the code changes enough between patches that updating mods is a tad tricky. Not "lolz change config file". If I remember a video I saw it was even stated that every update, pre snapshots, was tough due to Mojang hiding the code.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
That'd be really unfortunate, KingLemming is one of the last threads on the belief that some of the modding community were nice people. I've never been one to disrespect modders, because no matter how much you hate them, they do bring those mods we all know and love to the community. But...some of them make it really hard. Not KingLemming!

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
I went into their IRC chatroom for TE and I was reassured that TE will be updated to 1.5 and that some of the work is already done. Yes textures will need to be redone but its a process that they are working on.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Ok guys lets cut down the flame wars I don't want this thread locked... You can discuss but no need to call people retarded or straight up argue... If you put your opinion out there it is subject to discussion NOT arguing... Thanks carry on

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Ok guys lets cut down the flame wars I don't want this thread locked... You can discuss but no need to call people retarded or straight up argue... If you put your opinion out there it is subject to discussion NOT arguing... Thanks carry on
just a little bit of a heads up because you're pretty new here... people don't take so well to backseat moderating..

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
*completely disobeys ILoveGregtech's "rules"*
SHUTUP LAMBERT I H8 U AND URNOT FROM ENGLAND UR FROM IRELAND AND U SMELL AND YOUR OPINION IS WRONG ON EVERYTHING YOU SAY :mad:
I know people are actually going to take this seriously. So a word of advice: Don't.