FTB Store. Looking for input on what people want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawhidewow

Jul 29, 2019
tall sizes for the clothes specifically 3xtall and shirts with the different YouTube personality's (like slow and dire) it shouldn't be too hard to get them to donate their skins for ftb.

PS none of the crap on the poll looks interesting

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I'm not too interested in any of the poll ideas either. Also, I don't really feel any great empathy for the letters F, T, and B. The "Unleashed" and "Unhinged" kit is too awesome for words, though. Fine examples of graphic design.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Im not sure what more we can actually do to speed things up. The mods needed for the updated DW 20 pack were only finished a couple of days ago. The mods that I want for the new pack I am working on are not finished yet. We cannot update the old packs because some critical mods like Thaumcraft 3 were not updated and other critical mods like Thermal Expansion have not been updated yet.

Moving on from that, we have people who are working on the new launcher now and hove been for a while now. I am not a coder though and I have no idea how to write a launcher so my help on the launcher will be shall we say less than useful. As I said modpacks are at a standstill till that launcher comes out, as the old launcher doesnt work with 1.6. What this boils down to is you shouldnt assume that because you see things happening with the shop, that doesnt mean we have suddenly stopped working on everything else.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1994759-new-item-id-system/

It would seem from the link above to a minecraftforum post that modders will be getting something useful out of the new Minecraft 1.7 though, as if Mojang are implementing Item ID's for blocks that work via the /give command, there will be a new way for modders to identify vanilla blocks in Minecraft. But since modders have to assign a lot of ID's anyway, I'm not sure how beneficial this will be. It could be useful to them although how useful I'm not sure.

If they aren't already using a similar system it would help them with their mod items a bit.

I do fail to see why you guys get ID conflicts for items in modpacks though, shouldn't there really be a proper name to ID matching program that you run the modpacks through instead of letting human error not find the conflicts?

If there isn't one I recommend you develop one ASAP as modpacks just get more complicated without something to unify them properly. :)

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Reactions: sten4321

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
Id love to see 3d-printed versions of the various FTB mod bricks - or even multiblocks. an AE controller was suggested. But im sure a 36HP boiler would also be popular.

and +1 for coffee mugs. just make sure they come in several sizes.

dray

Jul 29, 2019
Seconding Beer mugs!

For us ladies out there, I'd love to see a run of stud earrings with images of diamonds (or other modpack-based gems) sealed with a bit of clear resin. I think they'd be cute and nerd-clever!

Voxy

Jul 29, 2019
How about clothing patches? I am sure decorating our laptop bags and backpacks with FTB logos (and all the logos associated with it) would go over well. I couldn't imagine it having a high price point so people with limited funds could still represent.

Reactions: Flipz and Nerixel

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
How about Bumper stickers? These may be classified similar as decals but are probably easier and cheaper to produce...

I want to see that Prius with a sticker that says "My other car is a Steve'sCart"

Or how about one with a picture of a creeper in full swell that says "You think you've seen Road Rage?". On second thought this one probably shouldn't be printed :D

Also, you missed the obvious tee-shirts... "I've been to the [Nether/End] and all I got was this lousy shirt"

Posters showing bases stuffed to the gills with various machines, caption reads "So many toys, so little time", perhaps individualized to each mod? At least as an option for the mod creators when they can start selling.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Or how about one with a picture of a creeper in full swell that says "You think you've seen Road Rage?". On second thought this one probably shouldn't be printed :D
Also, you missed the obvious tee-shirts... "I've been to the [Nether/End] and all I got was this lousy shirt"
Producing merchandise that only uses and refers to Mojang's vanilla Minecraft content would probably not go down well at Casa Notcha. I just checked, and none of the current merch even mentions MineCraft or depicts anything at all that actually link them to the game. It's all FTB's own logos. "I went to the Twilight Forest and all I got..." would be ok, but would have to be with, er, Benimoto's permission (if that's the right name, that's his MC Forum name).

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
You're right, I hadn't considered that, but I also hadn't had my coffee yet either. :oops:

Wulfgar_agis

Jul 29, 2019
If I were in your place, I would ask iChun if I could use the relevant models as bases for keychains. The list would include the direwolf hat, iChun and a few other members and friends of the ftb team. This list would obviously not include more copyright sensitive hats like Dalek, Tardis, and Pikachu. Hats that seem to reference a mod or even the modjam hat may be good ideas too.

dray

Jul 29, 2019
Something that I would buy in an instant: a well thought out infographic poster about the combinations of bees, or the combinations of trees, somewhat like Popchart Lab's posters -- Just family trees of bees/trees and the produce that they create, along with any side-effects they might produce (like health regeneration or damage!)

Similarly, any infographic flow chart that looks well designed and illustrates what is needed to get to end-game level machines (maybe a thaumcraft version and an industrial-craft version, etc. etc.)

Reactions: Obliviate and Voxy
B

Big Bad

Something that I would buy in an instant: a well thought out infographic poster about the combinations of bees, or the combinations of trees, somewhat like Popchart Lab's posters -- Just family trees of bees/trees and the produce that they create, along with any side-effects they might produce (like health regeneration or damage!)

Similarly, any infographic flow chart that looks well designed and illustrates what is needed to get to end-game level machines (maybe a thaumcraft version and an industrial-craft version, etc. etc.)

One thing you have to consider is mod updates, changes, and rewrites. Things might get obsolete very fast.

With that being said, I'd love to make some of these for the shop. They're super fun to create.

Reactions: Flipz
Status
Not open for further replies.