FTB Pack Comparison

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

hutchkc

Jul 29, 2019
Believe it or not, this isn't the longest Eloraam has gone without a progress update.

Though we're getting close.

What worries me is that a few big mod authors feel that it's necessary to start duping some of RP2's functionality.

These are the people who are most likely to be in communication with Elo in some form or another.

This makes me worry that Elo has been hit by the ever feared 'Bus'.

I don't get that at all, I think she just decided to say screw it. Other mod developers jumping in tells me that they got some word that she is calling it quits or they are tired of the drama RP brings to the table.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
I don't get that at all, I think she just decided to say screw it. Other mod developers jumping in tells me that they got some word that she is calling it quits or they are tired of the drama RP brings to the table.
It does seem a bit strange.woul

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Buildcraft now officially 1.5.1[DOUBLEPOST=1365898076][/DOUBLEPOST]
Believe it or not, this isn't the longest Eloraam has gone without a progress update.

blah blah blah.

Its been 2 months, keep your shirt on.

To the rest of you, do shut up the speculation and leave poor developers the f alone unless you want to donate or are asked to file bug reports. Otherwise, it aint your place.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
I do believe that's not how it works. Anyone is allowed to criticize a work that's made public. No one has the right to demand anything, because it is free, after all, but to complain? Yes, especially when it is pretty much justified. It's very rude to just disappear for months at a time without giving even so much as saying "Stuff happened, i'm going to be away for a long time, don't expect news as they'll be given when they're given.". It also gives the impression she just doesn't give a fuck about the fanbase. I mean, she could be dead for all we know because no one has any clue whatsoever about her, the mod, or anything, really. That's my personal opinion, at least. I don't even know why having a blog if you're not even going to bother with it, lol...

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
"lulz, but her mod iz free, she doesn owe u anything you prick, and since she is a god mod maker for me she can do whatever she wants"

-average response from eloraam's paladins.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
"lulz, but her mod iz free, she doesn owe u anything you prick, and since she is a god mod maker for me she can do whatever she wants"

-average response from eloraam's paladins.
-average response from you.

Kidding aside, for any mod that takes longer to update than users of any given server would prefer, they'll have to make the choice whether to drop the mod and learn to live without it (or find replacements) which is a bit of a nuisance in many cases since it will lead to loss of construction, or else just keep waiting, which can also be annoying since it means they're missing out on accessing some new features of other mods (or of Minecraft).
If modders give out plenty of information on their progress, it's easier for users to decide whether to wait or to drop. If they don't, I guess they're more likely to be dropped.

So while modders don't have a responsibility to users, if they don't please those users to a certain level they're likely to frustrate and lose those users, either temporarily or permanently. That's just how it works. For some modders, things other than modding are more important, so they're fine with risking many users, and that's okay (doesn't mean everyone will be happy about it, but it's not like it can be helped).

So with RP2, maybe by the time other important mods are ready, RP2 will be ready too. Or maybe we'll have heard from Elo that she won't be able to work on it for quite some time, or maybe that she's working on it and doesn't know when it will be done, or maybe that she's fairly sure it'll be another month. Or maybe that will happen with one of the other mods that people rely on a lot. So at that point people will have to decide whether to keep waiting or not.

But it's fairly pointless to speculate now. And anything beyond speculating (such as arguing, whining, attacking, blaming, etc) is even more pointless and just raises tempers all around. Wow, this is probably the most serious thing I've written about this, so I think I'll have to sit on my throne as the prince of bel-air.

Laguy

Jul 29, 2019
Buildcraft now officially 1.5.1[DOUBLEPOST=1365898076][/DOUBLEPOST]

Its been 2 months, keep your shirt on.

To the rest of you, do shut up the speculation and leave poor developers the f alone unless you want to donate or are asked to file bug reports. Otherwise, it aint your place.

Who put you in charge?

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
I would hate to wait a really long time to update because of one or two mods. However I can't think og any good replacements for RP2. Microblocks have a good replacement, but (as far as im aware) deployers, block breakers, tubes, bundled cables, frames, item detectors, sickles, and a couple others don't

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
I would hate to wait a really long time to update because of one or two mods. However I can't think og any good replacements for RP2. Microblocks have a good replacement, but (as far as im aware) deployers, block breakers, tubes, bundled cables, frames, item detectors, sickles, and a couple others don't
Briman is working on Logical Engineering, which replaces some of the functionality of RedPower. Also, the 1.5 version of MFR has a thing somewhat similar to bundled cabling.
EDIT: Oh, and Tinker's Contstruct is better any day than the RP gem tools.

DeGei

Jul 29, 2019
Briman is working on Logical Engineering, which replaces some of the functionality of RedPower. Also, the 1.5 version of MFR has a thing somewhat similar to bundled cabling.
This is semi-related to a question I have. The main Google Doc of this thread only list mods currently in the various packs, and their status for 1.5.1
I've seen a couple other progress lists that have other mods listed that either don't have 1.4.7 versions, or were not included in any FTB pack previously that might be added in the future.

Can I get a confirmation/denial/projected list for which mods will be in which packs (hopeful target guesses are fine) for 1.5.1?
I'm kinda hoping Ars Magica and Tinker's Construct are going into the DW20 pack (he's spotlighted them, Ars Magica has permission listed for it on it's forum thread, etc).

Mostly I just want to know what new mods I need to learn when the update drops.

jmixmaster

Jul 29, 2019

I am looking forward to Logical Engineering! I do hope that he adds some new features along with the replacements for its RP2 counterparts.

Laguy

Jul 29, 2019

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
This is semi-related to a question I have. The main Google Doc of this thread only list mods currently in the various packs, and their status for 1.5.1
I've seen a couple other progress lists that have other mods listed that either don't have 1.4.7 versions, or were not included in any FTB pack previously that might be added in the future.

Can I get a confirmation/denial/projected list for which mods will be in which packs (hopeful target guesses are fine) for 1.5.1?
I'm kinda hoping Ars Magica and Tinker's Construct are going into the DW20 pack (he's spotlighted them, Ars Magica has permission listed for it on it's forum thread, etc).

Mostly I just want to know what new mods I need to learn when the update drops.
I know just as much as you do about what mods are going to be in future pack updates, but I think that Ars Magica and Tinker's Construct/Natura are quite likely to be in some packs.

Stairmasternem

Jul 29, 2019
I'm curious how Thermal Expansion's recent changes to how liquids work will affect mods such as Forestry, Thinker Constructs, Rail Craft, etc. I wonder if any of them will update to use his place-able liquids code