FTB Pack Comparison

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah that I know... but I don't get the obssesion with placing liquids, like, fuel that burns, maybe sticky honey and nuclear goo, but... cresote oil? DNA? dyes? redstone... maybe to power stuff, but the rest, whats the point really?

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah that I know... but I don't get the obssesion with placing liquids, like, fuel that burns, maybe sticky honey and nuclear goo, but... cresote oil? DNA? dyes? redstone... maybe to power stuff, but the rest, whats the point really?

Not storage, so I'll just have to guess either aesthetics or worldgen.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
I like the idea of being able to have more then just water, lava, and oil. A lot of the liquids make nice aesthetics, why have a water based mob farm when you can use green dye.

Stairmasternem

Jul 29, 2019
To me the biggest things are....

1.) Adding more liquids to world gen, perhaps in the nether in order to vary things up a bit more there. and

2.) Custom properties to liquids being possible, as seen with THermal Expansion's liquids.

So maybe you could have a naturally occurring fuel gel in the Nether, or natural coolant liquids that can be turned into IC2 coolant cells, or to replace water more efficiently in engines.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
You know what would be cool? if there could be different types of rain. Like maybe in a mystcraft world you could have molten ender rain, or molten diamonds, or chocolate rain

The Mobius Archives

Mar 31, 2013
www.youtube.com
I like the idea of being able to have more then just water, lava, and oil. A lot of the liquids make nice aesthetics, why have a water based mob farm when you can use green dye.

I have to agree, a lot of people play simply so they can create something aesthetically pleasing whether it's a fountain that sprays water or molten gold.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
What I think is more silly than the people saying, "we should just dupe Eloraams stuff" or "we should wait for it, it's the most important thing ever" is the whole notion that we can't have redpower (or same function) mods leave the modpack at all.

Sure it's an amazing mod and it's integral to many builds. Sure it'd ruin the mindcrack FTB server if removed. They can keep their old versions for 1.4.7 and update to 1.5.1 when it's out. Meanwhile, we won't have to wait for a 1.5.1 modpack because it's holding everything back. Again, I understand it's a great mod. Again, putting out a 1.5.1 update won't force everyone to stop using 1.4.7.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Youre getting the wrong notion, Chocorate. There is a grace period we should wait for mods like RP. If IC2 was still not updated I wouldn't be flying off permanently to 1.5.1 without it for a good while either. To be honest ive been playing 1.5.1 with all the mods that work, and all the new things are great, but there is a rather glaring hole where RP used to be, and I always find myself going back to my 1.4.7 world.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Youre getting the wrong notion, Chocorate. There is a grace period we should wait for mods like RP. If IC2 was still not updated I wouldn't be flying off permanently to 1.5.1 without it for a good while either. To be honest I've been playing 1.5.1 with all the mods that work, and all the new things are great, but there is a rather glaring hole where RP used to be, and I always find myself going back to my 1.4.7 world.
I get what you mean, but how much longer do we have to wait? If it's a lot more time we have to wait (which we won't know, because people don't communicate) then we should have a 1.5.1 update as the 1.0.3 or whatever in the launcher. Of course there will be a glaring hole, but Redpower2 will be added in when it is finished, and we can play with the rest of the mods. I mean, it'd suck to lose a mod and that's how I felt without EE2, but I can always play 1.2.5 and we'll have mods added in later. I really have no problem with RP2 not updating; she'll finish when she finishes it. But it gets to the point where it's holding a new version back. :/ But whatever, I guess we just have to wait until every mod is completely done... I doubt this would be the case if MFR or Tinker's Construct stopped updating. They're great mods to some people, and to a lot of people, more important than IC2 or RP2.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, i kind of agree with Chocorate on this. Since it appears that Eloraam hasn't even started working on the 1.5.1 version of RP2 yet, and Minecraft 1.6 is right around the corner with the possibility of even bigger changes than 1.5, i really don't think we should be waiting for RP2 to update before updating the rest of the pack, when everything else is just about ready to go. There's a very big possibility that Eloraam chooses to wait for more 1.6 snapshots and update RP2 straight to 1.6 instead of doing a quick update for 1.5...