FTB Pack Comparison

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dreamer1986

Jun 13, 2014
I am also trying to decide which mod pack to choose that has the biggest amount of content and maybe is even the "main" FTB install.

Is it the "Monster" config? Is that the 1.6.4 Ultimate Version?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

Yes... Where is he? Robin is usually so prompt! :D

I am also trying to decide which mod pack to choose that has the biggest amount of content and maybe is even the "main" FTB install.

To answer the question, there is technically no equivalent of the 1.4 Ultimate pack in 1.6, due to several of the 1.4 mods never having been updated.

Some mods had to be separated with a crowbar, at the mod creators' insistence (TiCo & Gregtech), and became separate 1.5 packs (Unleashed [Tico, etc.] and Unhinged [GT focussed and containing only GT-approved mods], respectively) and will not be seen together in a pack unless you make it yourself.

There are also some mods that haven't made the transition from 1.5 to 1.6 for reasons ranging from not being developed to modder skipping 1.6 to work on the 1.7 version.

On top of that there are several new mods developed recently that as far as I know didn't exist prior to 1.6, such as Witchery, Blood Magic , Rotarycraft, Pneumticraft and so on.

Your best bet is to look at the list of mods you want from Ultimate and see what the best match in the newer packs would be, then find substitutes for anything missing.

Last edited:

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Yes... Where is he? Robin is usually so prompt! :D

To answer the question, there is technically no equivalent of the 1.4 Ultimate pack in 1.6, due to several of the 1.4 mods never having been updated.

Some mods had to be separated with a crowbar, at the mod creators' insistence (TiCo & Gregtech), and became separate 1.5 packs (Unleashed [Tico, etc.] and Unhinged [GT focussed and containing only GT-approved mods], respectively) and will not be seen together in a pack unless you make it yourself.

There are also some mods that haven't made the transition from 1.5 to 1.6 for reasons ranging from not being developed to modder skipping 1.6 to work on the 1.7 version.

On top of that there are several new mods developed recently that as far as I know didn't exist prior to 1.6, such as Witchery, Blood Magic , Rotarycraft, Pneumticraft and so on.

Your best bet is to look at the list of mods you want from Ultimate and see what the best match in the newer packs would be, then find substitutes for anything missing.

There is one pack that aimed to be this. TPPI. I'm quite fond of it and feel it achieved it's aim of 1.6.4 Ultimate, but it's up to you to decide. @Dreamer1986

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

There is one pack that aimed to be this. TPPI. I'm quite fond of it and feel it achieved it's aim of 1.6.4 Ultimate, but it's up to you to decide. @Dreamer1986

I read the post I was referring to as asking for an FtB pack, not a 3rd party pack... As I haven't downloaded TPPI it hadn't crossed my mind.