FTB Pack Comparison

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Slowpoke mentioned, that he wanted to release an "almost ultimate" pack for 1.5.1, where every mod that has updated will be in. It won't be Ultimate 1.0.3, since people who update would lose some of their stuff (can you imagine the uproar in the forum?), but a private pack with the needed PW posted somewhere prominent on the page. Private pack, so that it will be very clear to be a kind of intermediate pack.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
I missed a few pages in this thread, but you guys do know that Eloraam has come out of the woodwork and outright said she's working on 1.5, right?

https://twitter.com/TheRealEloraam/status/324608992041127936
Yes, folks that keep saying that "Eloraam has not been heard from" or "Eloraam isn't working on RP2 for 1.5.x yet" apparently are not trying very hard to check on her actual status. Between these forums and her twitter account it is pretty easy to check on her (when she actually says something).

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, folks that keep saying that "Eloraam has not been heard from" or "Eloraam isn't working on RP2 for 1.5.x yet" apparently are not trying very hard to check on her actual status. Between these forums and her twitter account it is pretty easy to check on her (when she actually says something).

Well in their defense, this was actually true up until a week ago. I myself posted a link to a reddit thread where Richard G said that not even her testers had heard from her. But yes, that was over on the 17th when she did re-emerge to say she's working on it.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Well in their defense, this was actually true up until a week ago. I myself posted a link to a reddit thread where Richard G said that not even her testers had heard from her. But yes, that was over on the 17th when she did re-emerge to say she's working on it.
Here is where I decided to make things complicated and play my own "Devil's Advocate".

POINT - Vaygrim1, did you notice that Eloraam actually posted back in February that she was starting back to work on RedPower2? She posted that to Twitter.. then just vanished again, no progress or word from her. What if that is what is happening again?

REPLY - Wow, Vaygrim2.. you are a real jerk.

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019
Here is where I decided to make things complicated and play my own "Devil's Advocate".

POINT - Vaygrim1, did you notice that Eloraam actually posted back in February that she was starting back to work on RedPower2? She posted that to Twitter.. then just vanished again, no progress or word from her. What if that is what is happening again?

REPLY - Wow, Vaygrim2.. you are a real jerk.

There's a difference, though. Back in February she said she was working on a patch to 1.46 and wasn't heard from. Then 1.47 came out, still no patch, still no word. Then 1.5 came out, still no 1.46 patch, still no word.

So was it always possible she was working on 1.5? Yes. Was that the case? No, it wasn't, actually. She was pulled into a huge project as an RF engineer (her "real job") and didn't work on anything. Now she has free time and is skipping the 1.4.6, 1.4.7 patches and going straight to 1.5.

So Vaygrim1 isn't totally accurate :p Heck, even Slowpoke made an official announcement that RP2 may be dropped if it comes down to it.

Either way, it's a moot point. She's back, working on 1.5, and hopefully all will be well.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
There's a difference, though. Back in February she said she was working on a patch to 1.46 and wasn't heard from. Then 1.47 came out, still no patch, still no word. Then 1.5 came out, still no 1.46 patch, still no word.

So was it always possible she was working on 1.5? Yes. Was that the case? No, it wasn't, actually. She was pulled into a huge project as an RF engineer (her "real job") and didn't work on anything. Now she has free time and is skipping the 1.4.6, 1.4.7 patches and going straight to 1.5.

So Vaygrim1 isn't totally accurate :p Heck, even Slowpoke made an official announcement that RP2 may be dropped if it comes down to it.

Either way, it's a moot point. She's back, working on 1.5, and hopefully all will be well.

Hey it's okay. I know Vaygrim1's an idiot. I mean... HEY!

Yes, I want to clarify here to all reading: I am neither pro-RP2 or anti-RP2 here. It is a great and useful mod, yes. I LOVE the Pneumatic Tubes systems over BC Pipes hands down, any day of the week. I still have a warm fuzzy place in my heart for RP2 Sorting Machines, as well. If FTB moves on and drops it (IF), it is going to be super frustrating. It is, however, just a mod for a game.. and Eloraam should not be crucified for having to prioritize real life over digital nonsense.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Now she has free time and is skipping the 1.4.6, 1.4.7 patches and going straight to 1.5.
Really? I hadn't heard that. Doesn't make much difference to me though, I'll make a new world in 1.5 when there's a decent pack with RP in it. Would be nice to get a bug fix in if the official packs are going to wait for 1.6 though.

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019
Really? I hadn't heard that. Doesn't make much difference to me though, I'll make a new world in 1.5 when there's a decent pack with RP in it. Would be nice to get a bug fix in if the official packs are going to wait for 1.6 though.

That's slight conjecture on my part, but given the following tweet on the 17th:

"So 1.5 isn't as bad as I'd expected, a lot of damage in a couple specific areas but overall most of the code compiles."

it sounds like she's just working on 1.5. She hasn't mentioned any bug fixes or patches to 1.4.6 or 1.4.7.

Also, as far as I know, the official packs are not waiting for 1.6. The official packs are releasing 1.5.1 when Mojang releases 1.6. So you should have your 1.5 packs soon :)

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
That's slight conjecture on my part, but given the following tweet on the 17th:

"So 1.5 isn't as bad as I'd expected, a lot of damage in a couple specific areas but overall most of the code compiles."

it sounds like she's just working on 1.5. She hasn't mentioned any bug fixes or patches to 1.4.6 or 1.4.7.

Also, as far as I know, the official packs are not waiting for 1.6. The official packs are releasing 1.5.1 when Mojang releases 1.6. So you should have your 1.5 packs soon :)
From my understanding they are updating their packs when all the mods are updated to that version. Speaking of which a 1.5.2 prerelease came out today...(here we go again)

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
YEah, setting up a huge pack for 1.5 now. Extra Bees doesn't seem to like Advanced Machines. So, I am removing AM from the pack. Bees take precedence over tech.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
YEah, setting up a huge pack for 1.5 now. Extra Bees doesn't seem to like Advanced Machines. So, I am removing AM from the pack. Bees take precedence over tech.
Bees take precedence over three machines that you probably won't have a good use for at least until the official beta anyway.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
I just tested Mo creatures and it actually works quite well now with other mods. Even things like biomes o plenty twilight forest and other mods that add mobs. I am definitely gonna add it to my 1.5 pack