FTB Pack Comparison

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Qwertz

Jul 29, 2019
Okay... apparently there is a new pack in the launcher; the first of the Immersion packs! I guess this is the pack hinted at in DW20's most recent server play video. I guess we also will have a TerraFirmaCraft pack coming soon too.
And UE has been renamed to Ampz. A bit odd, given that it is the same pack as Voltz, but I guess it gives each launcher some independence.
Ampz and Voltz... Practically both the same names. :p

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
voltz, ampz, whats next? wattz modpack?

But multiplying voltz times ampz will just get you the square of either of those as they're identical, ergo wattz would not be a useful name.

I mean, yes, wattz is what is next.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
But multiplying voltz times ampz will just get you the square of either of those as they're identical, ergo wattz would not be a useful name.

Though you'll have to remember that the unit of watt isn't related to the Coulomb in any way. So maybe ... er ... Coulombz modpack? :p

Reactions: Guswut

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019

Wait a second...

Since when is a V(olt) equal to A(mpere) ? J/C or to be more exact: (N*m)/(A*s) (both is a "longer" form of V) is not the same as A. So V*A != V² or A²!!!!

vasouv

Jul 29, 2019
Is main ore generation different amongst the main tech FTB packs (lite, techworld, ultimate)? I want to create a custom tech pack but I don't know whether to go from lite and start adding mods or go from techworld and start removing mods. By main ore generation I mean tin, copper, silver, lead etc

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Is main ore generation different amongst the main tech FTB packs (lite, techworld, ultimate)? I want to create a custom tech pack but I don't know whether to go from lite and start adding mods or go from techworld and start removing mods. By main ore generation I mean tin, copper, silver, lead etc
Any pack with Thermal Expansion will have the same copper, tin, lead and silver gen. I would recommend removing mods from Ultimate, as disabling mods is easy; adding them is a bit harder.

Reactions: vasouv

ollie299792458

Jul 29, 2019
Any pack with Thermal Expansion will have the same copper, tin, lead and silver gen. I would recommend removing mods from Ultimate, as disabling mods is easy; adding them is a bit harder.
I thought mindcrack and others edited vanilla ammounts, whereas direwolf kept them

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Looks good. Alpha Beta and dev? How do you figure the differences? Right now I have IC2/Forestry/Buildcraft working in 1.5 (some missing textures, and probably some coding left to do) Edit: Logistics Pipes is 1.5 ready as well. I think that is at least enough for dev/beta