FTB Mage Quest {ALPHA} Bug Reports

Sticstar

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: FTB Mage Quest
Mod & Version: No specific mods, [MageQuest V1.2.0]
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/wz1kLRLe
Whats the bug? Firstly, I should probably state that I'm no wiz at this kind of stuff. That aside, me and my brother are trying to play a multiplayer game, but for some reason most of the item textures seem to be completely invisible? Even my armour slots are wacked!? This problem only occurs on the Mac, my brother (playing on PC) doesn't experience any difficulties. I'm running the latest version of Java with 3.75G of ram allocated. Here are some pictures...
8e63c447ff3cf416196940cf020425a88c73ae59_1_690x348.png

e195f779fa303435e9ce8706b4278e80ae5053a2_1_660x500.png

Can it be repeated? Every time I launch the game I get the same result
Known Fix: None that I'm aware of.

Thanks in advance ;)

Last edited:

Demonslayer428

Jul 29, 2019
The text in the books appear as black squares. The only readable books are the witchery books and the quest books. How can i fix this?
2015-11-08_11.22.40.png
2015-11-08_11.22.49.png
2015-11-08_11.22.56.png

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not usre if this is the right place, since I'm playing the beta version 1.3.0, but here goes.

I noticed that sometimes (I can't figure what triggers this) when I close my inventory with E it just pops back up again. Sometimes when I press a number while hovering over an item to assign it to a slot, after I close the menu and it opens again, a different item is on the slot, depending where my mouse was dragged on to.

Skyllian

Jul 29, 2019
don't know if i can post it here or it must be in a dif. location........

my problem is that when i play this pack my java keeps crashing :S and i really like this pack....

edit01: is it possible that it crashes because i had 2 dif. java installed ??

edit02: nope......i removed one java (the oldest one) and it still crashes :/

Last edited:

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
don't know if i can post it here or it must be in a dif. location........

my problem is that when i play this pack my java keeps crashing :S and i really like this pack....

edit01: is it possible that it crashes because i had 2 dif. java installed ??

edit02: nope......i removed one java (the oldest one) and it still crashes :/
Post your crash report so someone that knows how to interpret that thing might help you. Did you add any mod? Some are not compatible with the forge version. If you're trying to run with shaders, for example, you need to downgrade the forge to 1448. I haven't tried running the pack without Optifine and it runs greeat. Try adding that one.

Skyllian

Jul 29, 2019
i only added Pam's Harvestcraft...and how / where do you find the crash report ?? i never reported any....

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
i only added Pam's Harvestcraft...and how / where do you find the crash report ?? i never reported any....
Now it's happening to me, today. All I did was update the graphics card drivers through Windows...

Your crash report is that jumble of stuff that apears on the window that pops once the game crashes. Makes sure you post it as a spoiler so it doesn't stay a wall of text on the forums.

Edit: Here goes my crash report

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Ouch. That hurt :(

Time: 18/11/15 11:01
Description: Initializing game

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:252)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:848)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:739)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:452)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:878)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:252)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:848)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:739)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:452)

-- Initialization --
Details:
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:878)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Operating System: Windows 8 (amd64) version 6.2
Java Version: 1.8.0_25, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 98811160 bytes (94 MB) / 317521920 bytes (302 MB) up to 4187619328 bytes (3993 MB)
JVM Flags: 9 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx4096m -Xms256m -XX:permSize=256m -Xmx4G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn1G
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
FML:
Launched Version: forge-10.13.4.1448
LWJGL: 2.9.1
OpenGL: ~~ERROR~~ RuntimeException: No OpenGL context found in the current thread.
GL Caps:
Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'
Type: Client (map_client.txt)
Resource Packs: [Sphax PureBDcraft 64x MC17.zip, FTB Mage Quest Sphax Patch 64x64.zip]
Current Language: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Anisotropic Filtering: Off (1)

Edit 2: nevermind. After installing the drivers, rebooting the system worked.

Last edited:

LittlestMinish

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I'm having a problem with a local co-op game of MQ. Me and my brother decided to use the party system because we thought it would make it easier and quicker. As soon as we do so, it locks us out of our main disciplines. We can't do anything to get them to not be grayed out. Any ideas on why the party system locked us from all the houses of magic. We can do the starting quests (which are already finished, and the house choosing quests aren't available either) and the organization quests. This is so bizarre.

LadyMcSniffles

Jul 29, 2019
Could anyone possibly tell me if the problem with the talisman research was ever fixed the server i am on i cant get the research so we cant get Ichor

Darkhax

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: FTB Mage Quest 1.2.0
Mod & Version: Blood Magic: Alchemical Wizardry, Sanguimancy, Thaumic Tinkerer.
Pastebin link to crash log: No crash generated.
Whats the bug? Duplicate potion IDs being used.
Can it be repeated? Yes, it is an issue with the mod configurations.
Known Fix: Change the IDs used to ones which are not being used. (data provided)

In one of the latest updates to my Bookshelf core mod, I added a feature to detect duplicate potion ID values and report them to the user. I have known for a while that the latest Mage Quest pack had a few of these duplicate potion ID issues in it, so I felt it was the perfect candidate for a test. I have gone into all of the config files myself to confirm that these are not false positives. The new code in my mod caches all duplicate potion IDs being registered, and once the game has finished initializing, it will give you a list of the duplicate IDs, as well as a short list of safe IDs which are definitely not being used by any other mod in the players instance. Hope this helps :)

[04:40:02] [Client thread/ERROR] [Bookshelf]: 3 overlapping potions have been detected.
[04:40:02] [Client thread/ERROR] [Bookshelf]: The Demon Cloaking effect from Blood Magic: Alchemical Wizardry is using an overlapping ID. ID: 114
[04:40:02] [Client thread/ERROR] [Bookshelf]: The RemoveHeart effect from Sanguimancy is using an overlapping ID. ID: 116
[04:40:02] [Client thread/ERROR] [Bookshelf]: The Fire Imbued effect from Thaumic Tinkerer is using an overlapping ID. ID: 86
[04:40:02] [Client thread/ERROR] [Bookshelf]: Here are a few recommended potion IDs which are not being used: [96, 97, 98, 99, 117, 118, 119, 120]

Last edited:
C

Crystiliser

Mod & Version: Talismans 2 and Thaumcraft
Pastebin link to crash log: no crash
Whats the bug? Can not get research note for Talisman fusion
Can it be repeated? Yes, each and every time
Known Fix: I imagine a quick fix would be to get the name of the research so you could just give it to yourself through a thaumcraft cheat, but either it does not register as a research, or I just do not have the right name for it

I've seen the bug before, and it has been said that an update should fix it, but so far the problem is not fixed, i believe i have the latest version 1.2.0 from the ftb curse launcher(correct me if i am wrong, and please direct me to the latest update, i love this pack). I would really love to unlock everything here, I made an account just because of this pack. Thanks for the help

N

Nash0101

Mod & Version: no specific mod - 1.3.0
Pastebin link to crash log: no crash
Whats the bug? The first time I install the mod pack and play it it's fine, but when I quit and later launch the pack, the textures of most items are messed up.
Can it be repeated? Everytime I launch the pack, except for the first launch.

I played many FTB modpacks and I never had this issue with any other modpack (official and/or 3rd party). Thinking it might be a RAM problem, I restarted the computer but the issue remains. I played previous versions of the pack and I had the same issue.

IMG_2397.jpeg

I'm using a macbook. OSX 10.9.5 - 2.3 GHz i5 - 4 Go DDR3
Java version 8 Update 66 build 17 (I had the problem with other versions too)

Thanks for your help!

W

Wedric

Mod & Version: Archmagus 0.6.0
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/9NxX8Ks5
Whats the bug? Using spellbooks from the Archmagus mod causes our Mage Quest server to crash every time.
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix:

W

Wedric

Just a bit more information on my crash. It is happening out-of-box with the latest FTB Mage Quest server version (1.2.0). I can extract it, run it, log in a character and give them a spell book/mana and cast a spell to make it crash, with no modifications. Also, it seems only certain spells will crash the server. So far ghastfire, witherblast, and teleport from my testing have crashed the server for me.

D

davecr

Mod & Version: Mage Quest v1.2.0
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/WdVVss07
Whats the bug? Game crashes when I try to open it.
Can it be repeated? Every time I try to run the game.
Known Fix:

D

davecr

Thanks for the quick reply Trisscar, I have 2gb of memory allocated, should I increase the amount?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed you should, I believe the normal recommended amount is 3-4 gigs. However it really shouldn't be exceeding more than 3/4ths of your computers total, or you may run into issues.