FTB Mage Quest {ALPHA} Bug Reports

labinnak

Jul 29, 2019
I believe this is common across all runs of this pack as of yet. It should be fixed next iteration, but for now use "/hqm edit" to get a creativemode-ish quest book that'll let you complete the quest. ;)
Oh cool! I assume i would continue on with said book then? Thanks for your help sir (or madam) lol...

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Oh cool! I assume i would continue on with said book then? Thanks for your help sir (or madam) lol...

Ehn, I suppose you're really to throw it away and go back to the normal book once you've fixed the issue, but I tend to keep one around out of sheer laziness so I don't have to use the command again if or when something else breaks. XD

Also, you're welcome, and meh, dude or friend or some other gender neutral phrase works. :)

labinnak

Jul 29, 2019
Ehn, I suppose you're really to throw it away and go back to the normal book once you've fixed the issue, but I tend to keep one around out of sheer laziness so I don't have to use the command again if or when something else breaks. XD

Also, you're welcome, and meh, dude or friend or some other gender neutral phrase works. :)
Haha yeah i might just do that as well...seems like something is always breaking in these damn modpacks. Anyhow thanks again friend!

LMAOisbeast

Jul 29, 2019
I've found a possible bug with the quest "The Lady's Moon" in the Hedge Mage questline, the counter for Livingrock doesnt seem to update for me, even when i attempt to detect manually making the quest impossible to complete.

Edit-Nvm for some reason the quest wouldnt update until i had all 16 of the blocks.

Miguel7117

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: FTB Mage Quest
Mod & Version: 1.2.0 Mod pack
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/88sZKCbG

First of all, this is my first time playing a mod pack, so excuse my being a noob at this. The thing is I just downloaded the 1.2.0 update for the mod pack and the first thing that happens when i try loading my world is this:

upload_2015-7-28_15-46-5.png

I have read that this is a common issue and that if I select Yes it would be fine. However, the world gets stuck on the "Loading World" screen and I can't even close the window (I had to use the Task Manager to forcefully close it).

This issue only happens with the world I had previous to the update since I created another world and it worked perfectly fine.
Also, every time I launch the mod pack it seems to install the mods every single time:

upload_2015-7-28_15-51-48.png

I have looked on the Internet and I haven't found any actual solution to the problem and I have tried reinstalling the pack but it doesn't seem to fix anything. Any help? I don't want to lose my world

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/88sZKCbG

First of all, this is my first time playing a mod pack, so excuse my being a noob at this. The thing is I just downloaded the 1.2.0 update for the mod pack and the first thing that happens when i try loading my world is this:

View attachment 21351

I have read that this is a common issue and that if I select Yes it would be fine. However, the world gets stuck on the "Loading World" screen and I can't even close the window (I had to use the Task Manager to forcefully close it).

This issue only happens with the world I had previous to the update since I created another world and it worked perfectly fine.
Also, every time I launch the mod pack it seems to install the mods every single time:

View attachment 21352

I have looked on the Internet and I haven't found any actual solution to the problem and I have tried reinstalling the pack but it doesn't seem to fix anything. Any help? I don't want to lose my world

I'm looking into the "loading world" bug. However, the pack installing the mods every time is perfectly normal- it's always done it, however Forge now tells you what it's doing.

shalexade

Jul 29, 2019
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/AXmuETyS

Hey guys, loving the pack and putting way too much time into it. However, since updating to 1.2.0 (I believe the kids updated it yesterday) I've been unable to get it to load.

Don't think it would matter, but I cheated all 4 quest houses open originally- just in case that's what's doing it. :D

Pretty sure I was on 1.1.1 before hand.

Couldn't pastebin the logs from FTB because it crashes out with the error, so I grabbed the fml-client-latest from the logs directory. Let me know if that's the wrong file. :D

There is also this file in the crash-reports folder from yesterday

http://pastebin.com/EXjZaDW5

Any help would be appreciated!

Thornstromb

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: 1.2.0 Pack

So I'm connected to my freinds server after much hassle (NOTE FOR DEVS: the Botania config setting for Smokey Quartz is TRUE on the server files and FALSE on the client files.... so you have to tweak them to connect.)
Everything is working perfectly.... Except the Quest Book. it wont open. for anyone.

i have no idea whats going on, here's a spoiler containing the reported error messages as stated by the FTB console

[14:05:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
[14:05:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at hardcorequesting.DeathStats$DeathStatsBest.<init>(DeathStats.java:177)
[14:05:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at hardcorequesting.DeathStats$DeathStatsBest.<init>(DeathStats.java:170)
[14:05:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at hardcorequesting.DeathStats.updateClientDeathList(DeathStats.java:156)
[14:05:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at hardcorequesting.DeathStats.load(DeathStats.java:98)
[14:05:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.loadData(QuestingData.java:625)
[14:05:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.receiveDataFromServer(QuestingData.java:663)
[14:05:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at hardcorequesting.network.PacketHandler.onPacketData(PacketHandler.java:134)
[14:05:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at hardcorequesting.network.PacketHandler.onClientPacket(PacketHandler.java:105)
[14:05:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_353_PacketHandler_onClientPacket_ClientCustomPacketEvent.invoke(.dynamic)
[14:05:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
[14:05:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138)
[14:05:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLEventChannel.fireRead(FMLEventChannel.java:103)
[14:05:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkEventFiringHandler.channelRead0(NetworkEventFiringHandler.java:30)
[14:05:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkEventFiringHandler.channelRead0(NetworkEventFiringHandler.java:18)
[14:05:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:98)
[14:05:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:337)
[14:05:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:323)
[14:05:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:785)
[14:05:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at io.netty.channel.embedded.EmbeddedChannel.writeInbound(EmbeddedChannel.java:169)
[14:05:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.internal.FMLProxyPacket.func_148833_a(FMLProxyPacket.java:77)
[14:05:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212)
[14:05:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.PlayerControllerMP.func_78765_e(PlayerControllerMP.java:273)
[14:05:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1602)
[14:05:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:973)
[14:05:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:898)
[14:05:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
[14:05:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
[14:05:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
[14:05:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
[14:05:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
[14:05:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
[14:05:07] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

... its really funny that even in a spoiler it interprets certain lines as smiley's....

Edit: Forgot to mention, my client opens the book just FINE in single player, so the problems gotta be on the server end somewhere. Also, the game keeps running just fine after i try to open the book, no crashes. the only thing that happens is those error messages show up in the log.

Reactions: Bashful Giant

Redryad

Jul 29, 2019
I have run in to a bit of a problem, i was trying to make a bound pick for blood magic and while trying to put out the fires i guess i was struck by lightning and died. Now that wasn't a problem as its happened before and i figured I'd lose a few items to the fire but when i got to where i died there was nothing. Well dang still no big deal ill just cheat some in cause that was a lot of gear. After re-equipping everything i immediately noticed a problem. The soujourner's sash didn't work, no speed boast, no jump boost, not step up assist, nothing. I have no idea how to fix this so if anyone has any ideas i would appreciate the help!

Sleuthberger

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone!

First of all, huge thanks for making such an awesome modpack! I'm really having a blast playing it with my brother!

Now, onto the issue.

I recently started doing the Hedge Mage quest line on HQM and for some reason after completing Ex Libris (The one where you have to do a Mana Apple), the game just crashes.
After that happened, every time I open the Hedge Mage quest line the game keeps crashing, thus preventing me or my brother from completing the said quest line.

Any idea what causes this? I've tried using the OP version of HQM and it crashes on said page too.
And I tried it on a single player world, gave myself the OP book and completed the quest, crashes too.

Thanks in advance for your help!

*Edit

I completely forgot to mention! We added a few mods to the pack ourselves, such as Ars Magica 2, Decocraft 2 and Veinminer. I hope that helps with finding the issue! :D

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I have run in to a bit of a problem, i was trying to make a bound pick for blood magic and while trying to put out the fires i guess i was struck by lightning and died. Now that wasn't a problem as its happened before and i figured I'd lose a few items to the fire but when i got to where i died there was nothing. Well dang still no big deal ill just cheat some in cause that was a lot of gear. After re-equipping everything i immediately noticed a problem. The soujourner's sash didn't work, no speed boast, no jump boost, not step up assist, nothing. I have no idea how to fix this so if anyone has any ideas i would appreciate the help!
Done the usual restart/reinstall after backup modpack/reinstall launcher yet?

Hi everyone!

First of all, huge thanks for making such an awesome modpack! I'm really having a blast playing it with my brother!

Now, onto the issue.

I recently started doing the Hedge Mage quest line on HQM and for some reason after completing Ex Libris (The one where you have to do a Mana Apple), the game just crashes.
After that happened, every time I open the Hedge Mage quest line the game keeps crashing, thus preventing me or my brother from completing the said quest line.

Any idea what causes this? I've tried using the OP version of HQM and it crashes on said page too.
And I tried it on a single player world, gave myself the OP book and completed the quest, crashes too.

Thanks in advance for your help!

*Edit

I completely forgot to mention! We added a few mods to the pack ourselves, such as Ars Magica 2, Decocraft 2 and Veinminer. I hope that helps with finding the issue! :D

Crash logs plox.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, how could I forget the logs. :confused:

Is this bit enough or do you need the full thing?

http://pastebin.com/5k4GqUm6
That's exactly the part that's needed.
At a glance, I'd say this has something to do with an item not being rendered properly as either the icon for a quest, the requirement, or the reward. Anyone know what this quest entails, or have at least opened it without crashing?

Sleuthberger

Jul 29, 2019
That's exactly the part that's needed.
At a glance, I'd say this has something to do with an item not being rendered properly as either the icon for a quest, the requirement, or the reward. Anyone know what this quest entails, or have at least opened it without crashing?
I've searched like crazy, but haven't found anything regarding the quests of the modpack. :(

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I wrote that one. The basis was to craft a Mana Apple. The mod hasn't been updated Since the packs initial release, yet worked in the past version, so I never checked those quests. . If I had to guess, some other mod has tweaked or derped the Mana Apple. Will look into it.

Sleuthberger

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I wrote that one. The basis was to craft a Mana Apple. The mod hasn't been updated Since the packs initial release, yet worked in the past version, so I never checked those quests. . If I had to guess, some other mod has tweaked or derped the Mana Apple. Will look into it.
Thank you! Did you write all of the quests or just few of them? Because they are really good in my opinion! :D