FTB Mage Quest {ALPHA} Bug Reports

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you! Did you write all of the quests or just few of them? Because they are really good in my opinion! :D

There was originally team of about thirteen of us. I wrote all the Witchery quests, the quest for the mod that you're on about who's name I can never remember, and the Reliquary (Hedge Mage Arsenal) quests. Glad you're enjoying them :)

LukasKotek

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I cant complete quest, where I must kill 1 Witch... I found a lots of Coven Witches, but if I kill them, the mission is uncompleted... And the original Witches arent in my world :/

Baranca

Jul 29, 2019
Howdy,
I'm able to get into MageQuest, but there are no icons for the items, just blank white spaces where the icons should be. While I'm running the modpack, my launcher is repeatedly scrolling with:
[21:13:47] [Client thread/ERROR]: ########## GL ERROR ##########
[21:13:47] [Client thread/ERROR]: @ Post render
[21:13:47] [Client thread/ERROR]: 1281: Invalid value
[21:13:48] [Client thread/ERROR]: ########## GL ERROR ##########
[21:13:48] [Client thread/ERROR]: @ Post render
[21:13:48] [Client thread/ERROR]: 1281: Invalid value

over and over and over.
I can link the full log if you need, but I think it might be because I'm running 32 bit java on a 64 bit system. I run it like this because when I go to 64 bit java, and up the memory like it says to, the launcher won't even load. If it's a simple issue, let me know how to fix. If not, no worries, I just wanted to try magequest.

Lothanas

Jul 29, 2019
Apologies if this is in the wrong spot. I have unlocked the Runic Matrix, to start do infusions. I put the recipe in the arcane worktable, and it doesn't show it created in the box that it should be in. The recipe is the same as the Thauminoicon, as well and NEI. Is this a bug? or am I missing something?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Apologies if this is in the wrong spot. I have unlocked the Runic Matrix, to start do infusions. I put the recipe in the arcane worktable, and it doesn't show it created in the box that it should be in. The recipe is the same as the Thauminoicon, as well and NEI. Is this a bug? or am I missing something?
http://ftbwiki.org/Infusion_Altar
Make sure your recipe looks like the one here, including each item being the right one. Then make sure that you have a wand large enough and full enough to make it.

Lothanas

Jul 29, 2019
http://ftbwiki.org/Infusion_Altar
Make sure your recipe looks like the one here, including each item being the right one. Then make sure that you have a wand large enough and full enough to make it.

I have tried this recipe and it does not work. I made sure my gold banded greatwood wand was in the table and no luck. Here is a picture. Is there anything else I could try?
FTB MageQuest Runic Matrix.png

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Hum, interesting. Well, seems like a bug to me, I'd say go into creative mode and grab one for yourself, then toss the components, since even your wand didn't have enough vis it should still show the possible crafting result. Also, check to make sure this isn't just some weird graphics glitch and the matrix (and vis costs) isn't just invisible for some reason.

LukasKotek

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, can you tell me, why I still have locked any House Missions? I can do only 2 House Missions in Quest Book and other only in another game? And some quest are missing after completed another quest, I can do only one of them? But I watched video on youtube and player can do all House Missions in Quest Book...

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, can you tell me, why I still have locked any House Missions? I can do only 2 House Missions in Quest Book and other only in another game? And some quest are missing after completed another quest, I can do only one of them? But I watched video on youtube and player can do all House Missions in Quest Book...

It's more than likely that player has modified the quest book. By design, you should only be able to unlock two houses.

Dreamer1986

Jun 13, 2014
I am curious, is version 1.2 the final version? And is it "Complete", as in, can I play it and get the full experience you devs intended?

Edit: Well, since no one answered in a week, I will assume its abandoned and not play it. Too bad, it seemed like it would have been fun :(

Last edited:

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
Hi! I'm brand new to the FTB forums and this is my first post. I joined specifically because I've been enjoying this modpack so much. However, I've run into some trouble while trying to complete the Hedge Mage quests. For the adventurer's amulets mod I can't seem to find any pixies at all. I've been searching in a roofed forest and no dice. I even went into the config files and turned eagles down to 0 and pixies up to 50 and still nothing. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
I am curious, is version 1.2 the final version? And is it "Complete", as in, can I play it and get the full experience you devs intended?

Edit: Well, since no one answered in a week, I will assume its abandoned and not play it. Too bad, it seemed like it would have been fun :(

Been busy the last few weeks- blame a new job and several birthdays, one of them mine- but I can confirm that as of the next release, it'll be pretty much feature complete- for now anyways. It re-updates Blood Magic quests, which reverted to an old version somewhere along the lines, and somehow ended up never being released, and removes a few reminants of the rep system.

As for the pixies- I'll look into it. Pixies were definately around in the wild in the version I wrote the quests for, I think. It was about a year ago though.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Wait... Why do I have internet in a road tunnel? Ah well. Thanks nonsensical physics!
Underground antenna? It'd be about time for a lot of commonly used underpasses.
Alternately the mineral composition of the surrounding rock could be a good transmitting material.

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
It was just under the Mersey river , so I doubt it's resonance. I'll go with underground antenna. Yey for progression in the most unlikely of places!

Dreamer1986

Jun 13, 2014
Been busy the last few weeks- blame a new job and several birthdays, one of them mine- but I can confirm that as of the next release, it'll be pretty much feature complete- for now anyways. It re-updates Blood Magic quests, which reverted to an old version somewhere along the lines, and somehow ended up never being released, and removes a few reminants of the rep system.
Awesome, thanks for the reply! I will wait for the update in that case. :)

And Happy Birthday!

Reactions: Bashful Giant

kantomaster

Jul 29, 2019
Hi I can't craft a b-space tuning fork to complete the mission requiring you to craft it. I can use nei to auto fill the recipe, but when I do there is no output in the crafting grid. just like with the above posters runic matrix, but it's not a thaumcraft recipe. also I am using the latest version of the pack available on the curse launcher