FTB Mage Quest {ALPHA} Bug Reports

Lagman

Jul 29, 2019
Huh, ok. I'm guessing "ItemGravityRod" is the one that lets you fly for a short time. Also it's mentioning an armor stand from Traveler's Gear in the first log, claiming that the gravity rod is trying to go into one of the baubles slots I think. The second one is the gravity rod trying to go into one of the baubles slots in your inventory I believe.
So, in case I'm wrong about what the gravity rod actually is, what Botania things are you carrying around right now?

Rod of the shaded mesa and rod of the skies(lot of other things but nothing that can have anything with gravity) The rod of the shaded mesa allows you to move mobs around at the cost of some mana, it denies gravity and it is the one that is trying to get in there.
The rod of the skies is just propelling you up in the sky at the cost of some mana, I don't think it does much with gravity, so it may not be that.

And yes I have the travellers gear armor stand, and THAT is causing the issue(maybe) but since it does the same thing on player's baubles inventory, I don't know what exactly is causing that.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Well then. I guess don't carry that rod around often. Also I'd go to the forum for Botania and see if this is happening elsewhere.

pac628

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason i cannot get the Talisman Fusion research. When I click with scribing tools and paper in my inventory, it eats up a paper but dosent give me a note, I even tried with knowledge fragments.

tatsu011

Jul 29, 2019
I have a request that I am not certain I should be asking here, so, would it be appropriate for me to post "How do I add forge, mantle and TCon to this pack and not have forge be unrecognized" here, or should I go elsewhere?
We do not support adding or removing mods. It will break the pack and future versions of it.

For some reason i cannot get the Talisman Fusion research. When I click with scribing tools and paper in my inventory, it eats up a paper but dosent give me a note, I even tried with knowledge fragments.

Wait for the next update.

DisOleBlock

Jul 29, 2019
I've come across two bugs so far, both involving the Hedge Mage quest lines.

1. Quest "Fungal Shakes" requires a vanilla brewing stand, but the only recipe is for Brewing API and I couldn't get it to accept it.

2. Quest "Runing Wild" requires you to make floral bricks, wasn't able to get them to craft even after using the recipe the book gives you.

I'm using version 1.0.4 on the curse launcher.

Last edited:

Dboy2010

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: FTB Mage Quest
Mod & Version: Witchery, 0.21.2
Pastebin link to crash log: No crash (Hooray!)
Whats the bug? So basically, since witchery version 0.21.2 mutandis cannot be crafted, but must be made in a cauldron. So I made some but the quest that requires it did not complete, and does not show a manual detect button. This suggests it requires crafting of the item, which is now impossible
Can it be repeated? I have no idea
Known Fix: Simply change the quest to a detection quest, and maybe tell the witches/warlocks that they need to make a witches cauldron first. Also change the said ingredients from wood ash, cactus green, eggs, hint of rebirth, and mandrake root to mandrake root, egg, and exhale of the horned one, as they changed the ingredients needed to make it also.

Thank you!!

giantcaller

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Witchery, 0.21.2
Pastebin link to crash log: No crash (Hooray!)
Whats the bug? So basically, since witchery version 0.21.2 mutandis cannot be crafted, but must be made in a cauldron. So I made some but the quest that requires it did not complete, and does not show a manual detect button. This suggests it requires crafting of the item, which is now impossible
Can it be repeated? I have no idea
Known Fix: Simply change the quest to a detection quest, and maybe tell the witches/warlocks that they need to make a witches cauldron first. Also change the said ingredients from wood ash, cactus green, eggs, hint of rebirth, and mandrake root to mandrake root, egg, and exhale of the horned one, as they changed the ingredients needed to make it also.

Thank you!!
Known bug. Fixed in the next update.
Just a suggestion, you* should put a list of bugs, problems, etc on the first post in editing so that problems like these stop getting asked as much.

*Who ever runs the thread or simply has the ability to

kalmondo

Jul 29, 2019
Man, I was loving the idea of finally understanding magic mods, but I was starting with witchery. Can't wait for the update so I can continue with my witchy ways!

StaticReaper

Jul 29, 2019
Mod: Reliquary
Version: recommended version as of 5/15/2015 (yay fives)

So this isn't a crash but a missing recipe that is quite small but very annoying. I am suppose to be able to craft Empty Casings back into gold nuggets so I can make bullets, but the recipe isn't here, so it makes them single use and then for each bullet fired I have an unusable empty casing.

Repeatable: Each and every time.

Known fix: nothibg besides cheating in the nuggets and throwing out the casings

Lagman

Jul 29, 2019
I've had a pretty weird crash, when I looked at my armor stand from traveller's gear, I saw rod of the shaded mesa lying on the part with the baubles. (the rod is NOT a bauble!)

I opened it up and it actually let me to grab it, even though I already had one crafted!

When I closed the GUI of it then I saw 3 more on the part for baubles! I opened it up again and I had them on amulet slot, ring slot, and the same for the stand but also on belt slot and on the BOOTS slot!

Here are the crash reports, I actually can replicate it, I can start up my world and it does the same over and over again. (so if you want a world download let me know)

The "server" crash was the first time I crashed and the "client" crash was the second time I crashed. (Weird right?)

Oh! And I forgot to mention I am playing on version 1.1.1 of the pack!

Huh, ok. I'm guessing "ItemGravityRod" is the one that lets you fly for a short time. Also it's mentioning an armor stand from Traveler's Gear in the first log, claiming that the gravity rod is trying to go into one of the baubles slots I think. The second one is the gravity rod trying to go into one of the baubles slots in your inventory I believe.
So, in case I'm wrong about what the gravity rod actually is, what Botania things are you carrying around right now?

Rod of the shaded mesa and rod of the skies(lot of other things but nothing that can have anything with gravity) The rod of the shaded mesa allows you to move mobs around at the cost of some mana, it denies gravity and it is the one that is trying to get in there.
The rod of the skies is just propelling you up in the sky at the cost of some mana, I don't think it does much with gravity, so it may not be that.

And yes I have the travellers gear armor stand, and THAT is causing the issue(maybe) but since it does the same thing on player's baubles inventory, I don't know what exactly is causing that.

The only way I found on how to fix it was deleting baub and baubback files, then destroying the travellers gear armor stand and cheat back the lost stuff.

That rod of the shaded mesa tries to do it every time I have it in my inventory. So until a new version of botania is added to the pack, do NOT carry around your rod of the shaded mesa! DO NOT DO IT! Do not even think about doing it!

Aladyia

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!
I wasnt sure if I should post this here or elsewhere but for some odd reason in the witchery Quest, I cant make mutandis because the cauldron wont boil. Ive put lava under it and fire [a lit block of netherack] and nothing...Waited for ten minutes. Is this a bug of sorts? its happened to me on the regrowth pack as well.

SkyeRise

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,
I would really like to set up a Mage Quest server for my clan, but we are basically waiting for the return of Automagy 0.19+ (requisition tome => AE system with magic that everybody wants). Everything is so terribly outdated (especially since TFox's ultra version derp). We are very grateful for all the work you are doing for free there, but is there going to be an update soon? It has been about a month since the derp-grade and we would really love to actually play this. If you need help - I would love to. It's not too much work to update the instance to what appears to be really stable with more recent mod versions and I have been modpacking since MC 1.2.x. Fixing those quests is also no big deal if you need somebody to do that.

AssassinofEvil

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version:Recomendnd
Pastebin link to crash log:N/A
the problem is that in the the witchery questline the recipe for mutandis in the book is for older versions and the quest book will not accept the mutandis i made because of this

Last edited:

Schluck

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Botania build 146
Pastebin link to crash log: N/A
Whats the bug? For some reason, Botania mana is generating absurdly slowly, even though I have 11 Dayblooms, 11 Nightshades, and 8 Hydroangeas
Can it be repeated? Constant
Known Fix: N/A

tatsu011

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Botania build 146
Pastebin link to crash log: N/A
Whats the bug? For some reason, Botania mana is generating absurdly slowly, even though I have 11 Dayblooms, 11 Nightshades, and 8 Hydroangeas
Can it be repeated? Constant
Known Fix: N/A
Screenshot of setup?

labinnak

Jul 29, 2019
I really hope I'm not posting something that's already been solved...buuuut in whatever the current version of Mage Quest is as of 6/29/15 I've encountered a problem with Witchery...I chose the Aliklaba questline and I got to the point where you're supposed to create mutandis. In the book it tells you to craft it, but apparently it's using a more recent version of Witchery where you have to use a witch's cauldron to make mutandis. Well I did and now the book won't register that I have it (even though I have 6). Oh, and the crafting recipe doesn't work. So now I'm stuck... all other questlines are locked...is there a fix or is my game screwed???

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I really hope I'm not posting something that's already been solved...buuuut in whatever the current version of Mage Quest is as of 6/29/15 I've encountered a problem with Witchery...I chose the Aliklaba questline and I got to the point where you're supposed to create mutandis. In the book it tells you to craft it, but apparently it's using a more recent version of Witchery where you have to use a witch's cauldron to make mutandis. Well I did and now the book won't register that I have it (even though I have 6). Oh, and the crafting recipe doesn't work. So now I'm stuck... all other questlines are locked...is there a fix or is my game screwed???
I believe this is common across all runs of this pack as of yet. It should be fixed next iteration, but for now use "/hqm edit" to get a creativemode-ish quest book that'll let you complete the quest. ;)