FTB Mage Quest {ALPHA} Bug Reports

Moonslice

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: FTB Mage Quest
Mod & Version: 1.0.2
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/B5dRthaB
Whats the bug? Crash on launch, doesn't even show mojang logo
Can it be repeated? I'm not sure, but I'm on a mac with Java 8 update 11 if that has anything to do with it. I've been trying to get java 7 installed to see if that works, but I cannot because java
Known Fix:remove Blood Magic mod

Arminius

Jul 29, 2019
The Brewing-API brewing stand overwrites the Vanilla one but does not work for the Alchemic chemistry set from Blood magic, making it impossible to make
Same thing goes for the alchemical catalyst from botania. Nothing made from Brewing Stands can be crafted.

GustoniaEagle

Jul 29, 2019
To all of you that are wondering about the Eagle spawns from Adventurer's Amulets:
  • It is configurable.
  • It will be lowered in the next update.
  • Eagle Wing drop rate will be increased in the next update.
  • I'll try to get the next update out within the next day or two, but certainly by Friday.

cc- @Jadedcat

GustoniaEagle

Jul 29, 2019
Actually! The Eagle spawn issue is already fixed. Turns out Mage Quest is using an old version of Adventurer's Amulets, the latest is 1.3.0d. Nobody panic! Everything is already fixed! But I'll still be getting the next update out soonish. Just got to finish adding a couple things.

Let me know if you break anything else. :)
cc- @Jadedcat

Gizmit

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Archmagus 0.6.0
Pastebin link to crash log: No crash
Whats the bug? Visiting the Nether, the logging off and logging back on causes you to lose all Archmagus Mana gained by eating Crystalline Apples. You lose the ability to cast all Archmagus spells. You need to re-eat apples for it to come back.

(Also, you don't get the drowning bubbles UI when under water after you've gained Archmagus Mana. That's just nitpicky, though.)
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix: N/A

bbiiggffoott

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Unknown
Pastebin link to crash log:
Whats the bug?: I'm not entirely sure. I assume it must've been me placing down a beacon (though, there was a small delay between the placing of the beacon and the initial crash). It crashed my game, and when I try to open the world again, it crashes. Any worlds I try to create also crash the game.
Can it be repeated?: Well, I physically can't try the beacon again, but the crashing is repetitive.
Known Fix:

lendrick

Jul 29, 2019
Pastebin link to crash log: No crash.
Whats the bug?: Ruins is installed incorrectly. The Ruins ZIP file actually has the mods inside it in the "mods" directory, and is not a mod itself.
Can it be repeated?: N/A
Known Fix: Unzip the ruins zip file and put the contents of the "mods" directory from the zip into the minecraft mods directory.

Coolcabbage

Jul 29, 2019
@Gizmit I've noticed it dissapearing too but am still able to cast my spells and after casting one the bar starts working again(or regen if you went in without full)
It appears to just be a graphical bug from changing dimensions
Mod & Version: Weeping angels 3.0.2
Pastebin link to crash log:
Whats the bug? destroying an angel statue drops 2(tested with bound pick (blood magic),wooden,stone and iron picks
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix: Unknown
21mrv35.png

Last edited:

Gizmit

Jul 29, 2019
That's not the bug. That's a simple graphical bug which I've also experienced. This is an actual loss of the mana points. You cannot use the spells afterwards.

Aliencomander

Jul 29, 2019
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/dDhU0NUr
Whats the bug? Crashes before mojang screen
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix: Remove blood magic (Though this causes mc to load up and say that the "awwayoftime" dependancy isn't installed. Installing blood magic from the forum post gives me the error that two instances of awwayoftime are installed, removing either the jar or zip of blood magic gives the same crash error as the one that's in the crash log)

I've tried force updating/deleting the files several times and nothing seems to fix it

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone with the crash bug, can you see if you can locate : "usercache.json" somewhere in your install? Its not a file I ship, it appears to be created client side, I can't duplicate the issue but maybe with that file I can track down the cause.