FTB Infinity 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
It cuts leaves and logs. It'll also seems to follow leaves to an attached tree and cut it as well.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, a Harvester will keep cutting if there are connected leaves. E.g. If you placed down a Harvester in a roofed forest, most of the trees will be fell.

BaxtorUK

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in 1.2 and still no emeralds. They even changed the Botania config that let villagers randomly drop emeralds to not drop them anymore. So not only was the world gen not fixed, they removed another way of getting them.

I get Emeralds from mining I also get loads of Emeralds and ender pearls from the treasure bags dropped in my blaze farm

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
What's the mod causing slimes to spawn when you break blocks? And how do I stop it because its !"£$ing annoying!?

Replace the slime part in your pickaxe with Pig Iron. Now instead of annoying slimes you get free bacon. And who doesn't love free bacon?

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
That will be your TiCo tool with a slime part.

Which genius thought that was a good idea:/

Replace the slime part in your pickaxe with Pig Iron. Now instead of annoying slimes you get free bacon. And who doesn't love free bacon?

Ugh can't be bothered and need the handle modifier to put a Redstone Energy Cell onto my hammer, if I'm doing a lot of digging I'll switch to peaceful again.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
I get Emeralds from mining I also get loads of Emeralds and ender pearls from the treasure bags dropped in my blaze farm
What version of the pack are you on? And did you create your world in 1.0? Because the emeralds were there in 1.0. They disappeared in the next version and were supposedly fixed after that. Alot of people are not finding emeralds. After regenning my world in 1.2, I can't find any. I also couldn't find them anywhere in the COFH ore generation JSON files.

athelred

Jul 29, 2019
Did something change in MFR from Infinity 1.1 to 1.2 related to harvester speed? Tree farms which were previously keeping (mostly) clear no longer keep up with tree growth, and the harvest seems much slower. It is still fast enough to keep me in wood and charcoal, but it is a bit ugly.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Did something change in MFR from Infinity 1.1 to 1.2 related to harvester speed? Tree farms which were previously keeping (mostly) clear no longer keep up with tree growth, and the harvest seems much slower. It is still fast enough to keep me in wood and charcoal, but it is a bit ugly.
You have to do something with the sludge that builds up in them now. If you don't empty it, they slow down drastically. A Buildcraft fluid void pipe works if you don't want to use a sludge boiler.

Reactions: Museli and PierceSG

Sir_Drey

Jul 29, 2019
Just looking into un-breaking my FPS and then maybeventuallypossibly doing something more than just a basic AE+TE+IC2 system at this point. Not too big a deal when you're in the middle game and TiCon's Luck modifier can be stacked up on a Manyullyn pick and Traveller's Gloves with a bunch of Haste on them...

..Which begs the question, why aren't there that many extra upgrades for TiCon tools in general, even among newer releases? Ima go stare at the author now (Edited to resolve relevancy issues to the topic).

Neko303

Jul 29, 2019
Everytime I try to make superflat test world, my client crashes. So I've been trying to get a Ender IO to work. I can see everything but not interact. I've been using the Travel Anchors because I can't make Ender Crystals at the moment. Do I need an actual Staff of Traveling instead of an Travel Anchor? It also doesn't help that the item shares a name with the mod. Hard to find anything on it.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Everytime I try to make superflat test world, my client crashes. So I've been trying to get a Ender IO to work. I can see everything but not interact. I've been using the Travel Anchors because I can't make Ender Crystals at the moment. Do I need an actual Staff of Traveling instead of an Travel Anchor? It also doesn't help that the item shares a name with the mod. Hard to find anything on it.
For teleportation? Travel anchors to travel anchors will work just fine. But keep in mind that there is an effective range between each anchor, which I believe is somewhere around 24 blocks by default? There is a config option for it to increase/decrease the effective range.

Though have a Staff of Travelling is convenient as you don't have to stand on an anchor to teleport.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
For teleportation? Travel anchors to travel anchors will work just fine. But keep in mind that there is an effective range between each anchor, which I believe is somewhere around 24 blocks by default? There is a config option for it to increase/decrease the effective range.

Though have a Staff of Travelling is convenient as you don't have to stand on an anchor to teleport.

would be nice if there was some sort of end tier for anchors, which you could teleport to anywhere in the world using and upgraded staff, but ofcourse at a much higher cost
I often use mystcraft for dimension/world travelling, but I'd really love a good alternative for it, because I get such bad lag if I use mystcraft too much

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
RFTools has a teleportation system that requires RF. Also in the latest RFTools (2.54) which is used in the latest non-recommended Infinity (1.2.1) you can also have a personal teleporter that you link to a matter receiver. You need to charge this item though. This can be handy to quickly return to your base after a mining trip or so. A linking book can do that too but that always drops on the floor if you don't put it in a bookstand.

Reactions: Yusunoha

BaxtorUK

Jul 29, 2019
What version of the pack are you on? And did you create your world in 1.0? Because the emeralds were there in 1.0. They disappeared in the next version and were supposedly fixed after that. Alot of people are not finding emeralds. After regenning my world in 1.2, I can't find any. I also couldn't find them anywhere in the COFH ore generation JSON files.

Ah that must be it then, I created my world on 1.0 sorry for the confusion :(
What about the treasure bags from mob drops no emeralds in there in later versions either?

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Ah that must be it then, I created my world on 1.0 sorry for the confusion :(
What about the treasure bags from mob drops no emeralds in there in later versions either?
No problem. You would think they wouldn't remove them from the configs when they update, but something happened somewhere.
Not sure which mod adds the treasure bags, but I don't get them. I assume it's one of the mods that I remove since I remove the Magic mods.

BaxtorUK

Jul 29, 2019
No problem. You would think they wouldn't remove them from the configs when they update, but something happened somewhere.
Not sure which mod adds the treasure bags, but I don't get them. I assume it's one of the mods that I remove since I remove the Magic mods.
I believe it's thaumcraft

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
I believe it's thaumcraft
Figures, cus that is the 1st mod I remove from any pack I play. It's just not my kind of thing. It really is a well made mod, but it just adds too much to the world for me. The only thing I ever used was the wand of equal trade and I always cheated it in.