FTB Infinity 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently I'm not alone in my complaint over Infinity endgame. Here's another person's lament...

I complained about a lack of use for EU, but you can also make the same complaint about RF. I play on another person's server and they requested that we don't use RFTools (so he doesn't end up with thousands of dimensions)... so much for wasting billions of RF on THAT mod (at least on my server)...

Need more mods with "proper endgame" devices, where you can basically shatter AN ENTIRE SODDING DIMENSION by channelling your excess power into *THE DEVICE*

Bonus points if you catalyse the endgame reaction using a cow.

Mod developers, please note... End-game NEEDS MOAR COWBELL!

Last edited:
Reactions: malicious_bloke

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I have 256 Recyclers making Scrap Boxes to feed 64 Mass Fabricators making UUMatter to feed 2 Replicators making Iridium Ore. So far I've made 28 Quantum Solar Panels, and have almost 7000 Iridium Ores which can make 10 more Quantum Solars.

Question: What is the point of all this? LOL The only reason I need IC2 power is to make more Solar Panels, so I can make more IC2 power... etc etc etc etc At some point... it all just seems pointless. I miss GregTech, where this IC2 power would really come in handy... sigh

I currently have 4 BR Turbines filling a Tier 7 DE Energy Orb. I have no need for 2+ Trillion RF in storage. But I had the resources, and I hadn't played with DE much, so it was a learning project.

In any modded environment, the only thing to do with power is gather resources. The most logical thing to do with those resources is generate more power. Its a vicious loop. Break the cycle by building something creative/pretty. Don't feel like you have to make more resources/power just because you can.

Galleleo

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys! Some friends and me are playing Infinity 1.6.2 on a server together and we got 2 (BC) Quarrys running in a Mystcraft flat world. Mine is powered by a 3x3x3 Big Reactor but my friend is using 12 Photovoltaic Cells and Rednet Energy Cable. He noticed when he tried to stop his Quarry and removed the cable that's connected to the Quarry, the Quarry kept on running! Once it turns night the Quarry stops but once the sun is up it's running again. Wirelessly. Is it a bug? We're not complaining but it seems odd lol.

Halkhan

Jul 29, 2019
i cant seem to make any conduits
Leadstone Energy Conduit
Hardened Energy Conduit
Redstone Energy Conduit

does ftb infinity not include them i made a magmatic dynamo and now i have no way too hook it up to anything

Rednet cables? Or connect directly to an Thermal Expansion energy cell and use Ender IO power conduits.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
If you check the date on that quote, I would guess it predates the release of Thermal Dynamics as a mod. Once TD was released, it was immediately added. Prior to that, we had to use other options (of which Infinity includes many) for our pipes and wires, and it left some confused, as TE was included but now split into several pieces.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
MFR Roads and TiCo Brownstone will make you move faster over them (as will Ice, if you opt Vanilla). Infinity includes Springboards, although I admit I've never actually played with them.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
MFR Roads and TiCo Brownstone will make you move faster over them (as will Ice, if you opt Vanilla). Infinity includes Springboards, although I admit I've never actually played with them.

I believe you can add trodden dirt from Botania to that list as well, although the effect is somewhat minor compared to the other options. ;)

Chaoschaot234

May 30, 2015
Why are at "each" update for infinity all IDs are changed? Please let them as they are and add new items with news IDs as changing each time many ID's
because it prevents a normal serverupdate or an inventar transfer because a sword can then be silicon or smth. else.

So please stop this stupied ID changing and use ID adding or write an item id autoupdate (updates the item id by the items name, if the id is different but the mod are equal).

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Why are at "each" update for infinity all IDs are changed? Please let them as they are and add new items with news IDs as changing each time many ID's
because it prevents a normal serverupdate or an inventar transfer because a sword can then be silicon or smth. else.

So please stop this stupied ID changing and use ID adding or write an item id autoupdate (updates the item id by the items name, if the id is different but the mod are equal).

There are no ID's anymore, every time they add a mod all the item NAMES get shuffled about. Does not and should not cause any issues in world. Servers update fine as well as player files and items in inventory. Whatever you're using for "inventory transfer" is causing this issue.

Chaoschaot234

May 30, 2015
I duno why this is happen. The last action waht we've done was to remove decocraft because it cause so much lags (see opis for stats) and there for to remove all decocraft things, the map must be loaded in SP because the server won't delete the affected block ... duno why.

Also we want to setup a new overworld but then we can't use any other mystcraft world because in sp it say's "can't find world ID".

So the final question is how You are updating the server or recreating only the overworld without itemchanges nor recreating all other worlds (mystcraft, nether, end, last milenium, ...)?
Is it false to load the map in SP? Is there a tutorial for this?

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Removing decocraft won't cause issues but will shuffle names about a bit.

Copying saves from SSP to server and the other way around can cause the issues you're experiencing, just stop doing that. To recreate the overworld delete dim0, note everything will be deleted.

aTeLe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running Infinity 1.7.0 (the newest version right now). I added RotaryCraft, ReactorCraft and ElectriCraft. I figured out the crashes myself and I did some changes in the configs as well. most importantly "Extractor Drill Wears Down"=true, because I think that thing is quite overpowered.

After some playsessions I got finally the Extractor but he only extracts vanilla ores. It doesn't even react to ElectriCraft-Ores like Platinum or ReactorCraft-Ores like Indium/Cadmium. Do I need to add all Ores manually in the CustonExtracts.cfg? It worked in TechWorld without any problems. I did hold on with most my ferrous ore, because I wanted the extra platinum with the extractor. (assuming it gets me more than the pulverizer).

Has someone a completed CustomExtracts.cfg with all/or some of the available ores? Or did I miss something? NotEnoughItems shows all the correct Extractor-Recipes. I would write the config myself, but restarting minecraft to test every single thing it takes way too long, but maybe I will try that.

neraka27

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any word on when 1.9 will be "official"? My server will be reset once that happens, and I have no idea how long I will have to wait...