FTB Infinity 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dallezh

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack FTB Infinity Question.
Does anybody know any mod that would conflict with vanilla loot from mobs?
My server doesn't seem to drop vanilla loot even tho i never changed anything in the configs, its 100% original FTB Infinity

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
You can add the mod yourself. I did look it over and while it does add some unusual items to the game there are a couple items that I personally wouldn't want as a server owner. But that is just my opinion.

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
So what mod do you guys think is the best one to start with when playing from a fresh start survival?

Is it still Thermal expansion?

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
I use a combination. TiCo for tools, TiCo and AE2 grindstone for ore. Usually start with TE/Ender IO combination for tech, but after trying it out, I think Immersive is probably the easiest and most resource friendly system for wiring and early game power gen.

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, now.... Next generation power supplying, I want to go from the Stirling engine from EnderIO

What is up? Extra Utis generators?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Use the Stirling engine. It can be upgraded to provide a lot more power with capacitors. You can also expand by adding more engines and automate with their capacitor banks and power monitoring device. I had about 16 of these fully upgraded cycling on and off to fill a capacitor bank. Re-charge the bank at 50% and stop charging at 95%.

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, now.... Next generation power supplying, I want to go from the Stirling engine from EnderIO

What is up? Extra Utis generators?

If you want easymode power, go to the nether and get an unlimited lava supply, make a couple magmatics from Thermal Expansion, pop down an endo (extra uti) pump, ender tank, and a pipe, (don't forget your bucket) and live off of that. Even if you only use it temporarily, it's one of the easiest "set and forget" type setups and an excellent stepping stone to bigger and better. Hardest part of it is getting the blaze rods and ender pearls, but it's not terrible.

They're kind of the "cliche" go-to that everyone uses because of their ease and power. You can upgrade them now so they push out enough power to take you to endgame and perfectly viable for endgame power gen. The worst part about them is that they're easy and require very little thinking. :p

Until I went to the nether I used waterwheels from IE since they weren't hard to get started with at all.

Last edited:

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
If you want easymode power, go to the nether and get an unlimited lava supply, make a couple magmatics from Thermal Expansion, pop down an endo (extra uti) pump, ender tank, and a pipe, (don't forget your bucket) and live off of that. Even if you only use it temporarily, it's one of the easiest "set and forget" type setups and an excellent stepping stone to bigger and better.

It will need to be moved fairly regularly, unless you find a huge deep lava lake. My nether didn't have any really big lakes that I could find.

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
It will need to be moved fairly regularly, unless you find a huge deep lava lake. My nether didn't have any really big lakes that I could find.
Of course, that's why you build a lava age in mystcraft eventually. But it should be good for quite some time.

KITTYONFYRE

Jul 29, 2019
Does infinity evolved require all mods be enabled? I generally don't use 1/3 of the mods so I disable them to improve server performance as it can't handle it very well - will I need them all enabled for Evolved?

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
I'd suggest trying it out first...according to what I read from the FTB people, it's tailored specifically to have all mods running. I've been on it about 3 hours now, and you have to run Botania/Witchery/Thaumcraft all at once to do magic, and you need a ton of tech mods mixed together...

And the recipes are INSANE. They should've called this FTB Masochism Modpack... :eek:

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I'd suggest trying it out first...according to what I read from the FTB people, it's tailored specifically to have all mods running. I've been on it about 3 hours now, and you have to run Botania/Witchery/Thaumcraft all at once to do magic, and you need a ton of tech mods mixed together...
I guess I won't be updating until I'm done with my current world, as I removed Witchery from my Infinity. I don't have anything against it, I just didn'twant to use it in this world.

KITTYONFYRE

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm... Is there any way to increase server performance? My friend rents a VPS and I THINK last time we tried it it didn't even start on it without cutting a bunch of mods (some awful opteron from like 2006 with 4 cores lol).