FTB Horizons - General Feedback Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Yikes! I'll have to keep an eye on that then... perhaps even to trying to remember to unequip it before logging off. The Knapsack, as well as the Miner's, Diggers and Forestry packs are usually my first big investments after TCon.
I'm now carrying a fully-upgraded Adjustable Bag as an alternative. Bigger than the knapsack and it can be opened by hotkey even if it's not in your action bar, so a general step up all around.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
I would point out that as of the most recent mod pack update the bedrock is being flattened. This limits the ability of players using several items/rituals.

Partial List:
Rotary craft, bedrock grinder
Rotary craft, bedrock armor
rotary craft, bedrock tools
Blood magic, minor rituals

I took this to rekia, and his answer was- nether, mystcraft, the twilight forest labyrinths.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
[quote post: 505218, member: 62738"]I took this to rekia, and his answer was- nether, mystcraft, the twilight forest labyrinths.[/quote]
Thanks for asking, yes I realized there where ways around the limitations, but if the flattened bedrock is not a major benefit I'm not sure why we should have to dig to the top of the nether to use blood magics minor rituals or the bedrock grinder.

please note regarding the given solutions that last I heard the pack in question does not ship with twilight forest.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
FYI, do not attempt to put Adjustable Chests on an Archimedes Ship. The results are unfortunate.

ScorpioOld

Jul 29, 2019
FYI, do not attempt to put Adjustable Chests on an Archimedes Ship. The results are unfortunate.

Yes. After trying to place all TE machines I found that after taking off all conduits are disconnected. I decided that is not a high price after all for the flying base:) After placing AE atop of all the complete ship simply disappear after taking off:) crash was following. In such was my dream having a mobile base vanished. Unfortunately, it was legitimately earned staff in survival mode. I was happy that I did not moved all Rotary Craft machines as well:)

Reactions: jokermatt999

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. After trying to place all TE machines I found that after taking off all conduits are disconnected. I decided that is not a high price after all for the flying base:) After placing AE atop of all the complete ship simply disappear after taking off:) crash was following. In such was my dream having a mobile base vanished. Unfortunately, it was legitimately earned staff in survival mode. I was happy that I did not moved all Rotary Craft machines as well:)

Some work, some don't, and I am given to understand that the dev is working on compatibility. That being said, at some point I'm going to build a test platform and experiment to find out which mods work with it and which don't, because I reeeaaaallly want a flying base. So far all vanilla blocks have worked fine, my chests preserve their content, my bed stays put. I also have TiCo Seared Tanks attached to carry lava and whatnot and they work fine too.

Reactions: jokermatt999

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
Tinkers Construct smelteries work; but don't leave liquids in them. AE fails, but wasn't deleted in my creative test. Thaumcraft works, but since infusion crafting has an air gap, you need to account for it and reactivate it after landing. TE conduits of any type didn't work, but I haven't tried the latest version. Virtually any block will rotate incorrectly, but up/down should work. The AS author has talked with Bibliocraft's author about both implementing Carpenter's Blocks rotation scheme, so hopefully that becomes a standard.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Tinkers Construct smelteries work; but don't leave liquids in them. AE fails, but wasn't deleted in my creative test. Thaumcraft works, but since infusion crafting has an air gap, you need to account for it and reactivate it after landing. TE conduits of any type didn't work, but I haven't tried the latest version. Virtually any block will rotate incorrectly, but up/down should work. The AS author has talked with Bibliocraft's author about both implementing Carpenter's Blocks rotation scheme, so hopefully that becomes a standard.
That would be good; I'm all in favour of more standards being implemented.

I have to feel that now AS is a part of an official FTB pack, these incompatibilities are going to be worked out sooner or later; it's a lot easier to catch and kill bugs when there's a modpack community working on it rather than the occasional user who installs the mod alongside others.

At some point I'm going to start a semi-official thread for AS bugs and incompatibilities; I just started playing with this mod a couple days ago and it's already one of my favourites. I'd love to see the bugs get worked out and astound all of my friends as my airship lands out front of their laughably unmovable homes.

ScorpioOld

Jul 29, 2019
because I reeeaaaallly want a flying base

The ultimate goal is to attach transition planes under/around the flying base and mine/wood collection when you need to:) Strong boxes allows to pack even the most complicated base into one inventory. I did not look into modular force filed mode apparently they can allow doing so. Then it would be pointless to select base spot. Another option is spatial pillars from AE, that base can be moved as well.

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
There's a sort of thread for that on mod discussion, Fun with Archimedes Ships. Strong boxes and turtles seems like a good solution. AE fails when recompiled unfortunately.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
There's a sort of thread for that on mod discussion, Fun with Archimedes Ships. Strong boxes and turtles seems like a good solution. AE fails when recompiled unfortunately.
I've been posting in there as well, I just think it'd be useful to have a centralized post for "what works and what doesn't". But that's a project for after dinner, at least.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I know FTB is against that, but no Treecapitor as usual? There's a TConstruct lumber axe, but still.

Why were some mods removed in 1.0.8?

Really hate to repeat myself, but how about Bibliocraft?
If you hate to repeat yourself then please don't; it should be obvious by now that this is not a thread to suggest mods for Horizons.

Latest change log is here: https://feedthebeast.atlassian.net/wiki/plugins/servlet/mobile#content/view/5341242

I don't believe any mods were removed but some were disabled by default.

avo

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this belongs here or if I should make an own thread for it, but I have huge issues with tick lag when playing this modpack. Although only 4 guys are online and the opis-scan-thing is showing me only 5 chunks with 100 microseconds, and the rest below 10 or at 0, the tick time goes up to 120 milliseconds. The Root this is running on should be strong enough (No lag with every modpack before and HUGE bases), so basically i have 4 guys sitting in dirt holes and the server still lags like hell.

e/ We updated to 1.0.8 and it seems to be better, I'll keep an eye on it :)

Last edited:

Silhouette

Jul 29, 2019
Enjoying the pack, so far, despite a few bugs here and there.

Really would like to see some tender loving care in the form of some additions, though; IC2 and Buildcraft are old favorites and seem to fit the FTB packs so well, so it's a bit strange to not have them available, though I can understand and appreciate that the goal in this pack appears to be to present a "new" type of FTB. Thermal Expansion 3 also seems to fill the void of Buildcraft pretty well with the new features, too.

Enchanting Plus would be fantastic, though, since several mods seem to add many more enchantments, and disenchanting items from Mods isn't always easy (Mage Robes! Semi-complicated to make and repair via mana, so the repair via combine method is cumbersome). The mod author recently came back, it appears, and there are 1.6.4 and 1.6.2 revisions available, so it might be a good time to pounce on the mod and toss it in!

Cheremenin

Jul 29, 2019
^

Enchanting Plus is amazing and would be a great addition, one of the guys on my server also asked for it.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Again folks, this really isn't a mod suggestion thread; Horizons is not and never will be intended to be a "standard" pack.

If you would like to suggest a new mod that is not currently available in an FTB pack, feel free to suggest it here after reading the thread guidelines.

::EDIT:: If you really want to play Horizons and just can't get by without <insert mod here> then please feel more than free to add it manually. A guide to doing so is available here.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
As has been said, if you're looking for "golden oldie" mods Horizons is the wrong place to be. If you want to see tomorrow's potential "top ten hits" then you're in the right place.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh...derp of the day.

Setup a smeltery with some basic automation (a project red timer and a hopper, portable tank full of lava), so all I have to do is drop in the good stuff and walk away. I come back from a mining trip with a good haul, including the first gold ore I've been able to find and drop it all in and go running back for more goodies.

When I come back, I find no gold...only electrum and agmallium (or whatever). What an idiot...I completely forgot about extraTIC and the way gold alloys with everything to make completely useless metals.

Reactions: PierceSG
Status
Not open for further replies.