FTB Horizons - General Feedback Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

thefinn

Jul 29, 2019
When the guy who runs our servers threw this pack up, I was all like "wtf is this sh!t? No IC2, no buildcraft, wtf?" but having played it a day or so I am now having a blast with it. It totally surprised me. It occurs to me how "playing by rote" putting a quarry up and turning it on has made much of the game boring.

However, I cannot think of any modpack anywhere that needs Bibliocraft more than this one too. With all the candles, and books contained in this mod, it desperately needs tables/bookshelves to use with them.

I will be glad when many of the bugs are sorted out. Great pack though - really surprised me.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I feel that Gany's mods are very unappreciated.

Make TiC cleaver. Add a few beheading's to it. Walk around for a night. Two heads in a crafting grid. "Did I just get back from the end?"

Akianna

Jul 29, 2019
Please excuse me if this isn't the right place, here goes. I was just running around looking for a cave when I ran into what may have been a creeper explosion site. The thing is, I got drawn into it and promptly died. The death message being I fell out of the world. Out of curiousity, and wondering if it was a bug or glitch, I went back and died from falling from too high. My question would be, what mod is this coming from? If somebody could give me a heads up that would be awesome. :)

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Please excuse me if this isn't the right place, here goes. I was just running around looking for a cave when I ran into what may have been a creeper explosion site. The thing is, I got drawn into it and promptly died. The death message being I fell out of the world. Out of curiousity, and wondering if it was a bug or glitch, I went back and died from falling from too high. My question would be, what mod is this coming from? If somebody could give me a heads up that would be awesome. :)
Say hello to your first Hungry Node from Thaumcraft. It's a type of node that eats everything within a certain range of it, including all mobs, blocks and items. Your best bet is to just steer clear of it and learn to keep an ear out for the out-of-place sound of blocks breaking and the slight particle effects of it sucking in blocks its breaking.

Reactions: PierceSG

Akianna

Jul 29, 2019
Oh okay :) I guess I will have to take your advice and be a bit more aware, as I like thaumcraft too much to get rid of it. :)
Thank you for the prompt reply by the way.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
'Drum's hanging from trees. Anyone else see this? Any idea what they are, how to break them, or if it's an item conflict?

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
@zilvarwolf
I think the name might be a bug, but otherwise they function as intended. They are fruits that grow from trees. If you punch them and they don't drop instantly, they aren't ripe yet. They also have different textures for when they are ripe.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Also if they are fully grown and you look at them and hold right click you will see little hearts pop up. This way you know that they are good :d

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, good. Trying to make sure that the mods I'm adding aren't causing any problems, and I could not, for the life of me, figure out where 'drum' was coming from. ;)

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
Oh okay :) I guess I will have to take your advice and be a bit more aware, as I like thaumcraft too much to get rid of it. :)
Thank you for the prompt reply by the way.

You can destroy a hungry node with a pickaxe, though you'll have to be careful about it (be sure to leave EVERYTHING but said pick at home, and make sure it's a pick you're willing to lose).

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
The whole drum issue is not a conflict or anything with WAILA it's how harvestcraft or Extra Utilities is coded from all I can tell.. I have dug into configs, whenever extra utilities and harvestcraft are installed together.. all fruit on trees become drums very annoying

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Another question, issue. Anyone know what the checkerboard blocks are in this picture? They pop up right near spawn in a BoP world created with the seed The Fifth Element and appear to generate in 2x2 cubes in extreme hills biomes. Waila has no information, and breaking the block generates a crash log that I couldn't decipher. I have added mods to the game, but after removing galacicraft, mekanism, dimdoors, and reliquery, the blocks remain. The only other mods added to the pack were taken from my dw20 1.6.4 folder (twilight forest and MPS).

Attachments

• 2013-12-20_06.10.28.png
    2013-12-20_06.10.28.png
    71.8 KB · Views: 59

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
'Drum's hanging from trees. Anyone else see this? Any idea what they are, how to break them, or if it's an item conflict?

I think Jaded or Slow said in a Twitch stream a week or two ago that "drum" is a generic catch all for improperly named items.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Another question, issue. Anyone know what the checkerboard blocks are in this picture? They pop up right near spawn in a BoP world created with the seed The Fifth Element and appear to generate in 2x2 cubes in extreme hills biomes. Waila has no information, and breaking the block generates a crash log that I couldn't decipher. I have added mods to the game, but after removing galacicraft, mekanism, dimdoors, and reliquery, the blocks remain. The only other mods added to the pack were taken from my dw20 1.6.4 folder (twilight forest and MPS).
Likely from metallurgy. Though the blocks it has that have bad skins shouldn't be generating anyway.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
The whole drum issue is not a conflict or anything with WAILA it's how harvestcraft or Extra Utilities is coded from all I can tell.. I have dug into configs, whenever extra utilities and harvestcraft are installed together.. all fruit on trees become drums very annoying

with the Gravestone mod installed everything gets named "bones" for me. things like crops, leaves, drums, all those kind of things

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
This has been reported a couple of times in the bug reports thread. The issue appears to be with coal ore generated above a certain elevation -- it gets an incorrect ID or some such. Did you use ATG when you created your world?

Status
Not open for further replies.