FTB Horizons - General Feedback Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
The steel recipe was ment to balance TE against rotarycraft a bit, but will be being switched back in the next update since it unbalanced TiC a bit (easy steel tools.)
Which steel recipe? The iron-in-a-furnace one? Will that mean that you have to make another mod's machine in order to make a TE3 machine? I honestly don't understand the "steel machine frame" idea.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
You can make steel in a TiCo smeltery, do more mining and find Manganese ore, 1 iron and 1 Manganese make 2 steel. No need for another machine, also you can pulverize and use the dust forms to combine 1 iron dust + 1 manganese dust = 2 steel dust

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
I was getting mad about how I was not seeing this manganese recipe. Then I realized I was not in horizon, but in DW20.

killrbladez

Jul 29, 2019
Read somewhere that most non-BoP biomes are not generated by the algorithms from BoP but they are still found in the BoP configs. Afaik when you see them set to "=0" it isn't actually meaning they are disabled, but it has to do with how the world gen weighs the different biomes(how often they appear).
Actually, it disables them for non-BoP generation.

arnHH

Jul 29, 2019
Many of these mods are new to me; there a so many new ores and other blocks, filling up my inventory. I do not know what I need for the early game. WAILA is helping a little bit, but I am always running out of space. For example, breaking gras for some vanilla seeds and soon after you have your inventory full with two dozen different fruits and seeds from Agriculture and Pam's crops.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
What do folks think about ATG? I've tried it a few times, I must have created and deleted about a dozen worlds over the last couple of days, and while the landscape does look more realistic, it's very samey. Not a lot of variety in terrain generation.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
What do folks think about ATG? I've tried it a few times, I must have created and deleted about a dozen worlds over the last couple of days, and while the landscape does look more realistic, it's very samey. Not a lot of variety in terrain generation.
I have been playing around with ATG+BoP world gen as well a bit, and yes it generates a very pleasing landscape(Despite the config fault that causes way too many oceans). But indeed my main concern is that it was indeed a bit one sided terrain. Swamplands/coasts, shrublands, savannah and Tundra combo was very dominant in all the worlds I tried(4-5). But if that could be a side effect of the config fault I don't know.

EDIT: Just tried generating another world and actually got a lovely mountainous forested area. But the trend seems to be that whatever you get in the seed you get a lot of. One of my main concerns would be that I would have to travel many thousands of blocks to find different biomes.

Things seems to very much be divided up into different climates. Which is awsome!. But I don't know if there is a logic to it, so that for example travel south you will encounter more warmer/arid climate biome combos and if going north more cold and damp climates.

Last edited:

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
Say, you should *probably* post something in the news section of the launcher. People who don't keep track of twitter/the website are probably like "Where the hell did these 1.6 packs come from!?!"

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
There aren't jar mods anymore ;)

(no idea why FTB puts that folder in for the 1.6 stuff)

Its because we still support the 1.5 ones.[DOUBLEPOST=1386975021][/DOUBLEPOST]
Say, you should *probably* post something in the news section of the launcher. People who don't keep track of twitter/the website are probably like "Where the hell did these 1.6 packs come from!?!"

What liike this one http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-6-4-modpack-releases.35458/page-4#post-493590

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
Are we talking about the same launcher?

QYkW9fC.png

sihpopa80

Jul 29, 2019
This is the 1st FTB pack since 1.4 that I am actually getting into. The only issue I have with it at the moment is BOP world gen feels kinda meh for exploration, but that is on me for not disabling it before starting a world.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
This is the 1st FTB pack since 1.4 that I am actually getting into. The only issue I have with it at the moment is BOP world gen feels kinda meh for exploration, but that is on me for not disabling it before starting a world.

Try turning on more then just the default biomes.

starskita

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a bit new to minecraft in general, but here's my impression so far:

Harvestcraft-not a fan, Kept filling my inventory with way way too much stuff. Turned it off for a second try after stranding myself in Mystcraft.

Did ATG both times. It's pretty neat, quite a different experience from regular biomes. Some irritants (soooo much mud at the shoreline) but in a good way.

A problem I have is that I have two kinds of marble now-one from artifice and one from some kind of exploration mod. It would be nice if they would combine and work the same way. (I like the one from artifice better)

Also there are two recipes for chiseled stone bricks, one of which gives you 4 times as many as the other.

I'm looking forward to starting up witchery though. And glad to hear that blood magic is off just for content reasons-if I start a third world I'll probably put it in.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
A problem I have is that I have two kinds of marble now-one from artifice and one from some kind of exploration mod. It would be nice if they would combine and work the same way. (I like the one from artifice better)

Also there are two recipes for chiseled stone bricks, one of which gives you 4 times as many as the other.
Yeah I'm sure they will fix these issues when/if the mods from Horizon are added to the other main packs. But as mentioned they havent spend a great deal of time config'ing and balancing Horizon because it was meant more as a "test out new mods" pack. If they removed one resource/recipe you would get a different experience from Horizon and in your main pack that you chose to add the mod into.

Status
Not open for further replies.