FTB Horizons - General Feedback Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Couple things.

1. Feel free to discuss mods that may or may not be included in the universal configs. However only Eyamaz and I can really say officially if we plan to add any mods. Right now we have left ourselves a bit of space since we have 2 packs with unfinalized mod lists and we may need to add some more, and because we want to leave ID's free for new mods, or new items in other mods. Once all the modpacks are released we will start looking at mods that may have been left out.

2. Horizons currently has a mistake in the shipped BoP config. Biome size is set to 2 instead of 4. This is totally my fault and we do plan to ship an updated version. Till then go into /minecraft/config/biomesoplenty/terraingen and change line 110 to read 4 , this will help with the whole "nothing but islands" thing.

3. ATG: inside the config you can change the horizontal noise multiplier to 1.5 -2 if you want smoother less mountainous terrain.

4. Slow, Eyamaz and I are the ones who make the final decisions on mod inclusion in FTB modpacks anyone else is just speculating (guessing) so please keep that in mind and don't get all excited when someone else says a mod will or won't be included in packs.

Reactions: Hoff and Flipz

Bemperor

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I got a question, hope I can ask it here. Mods like AE and Engineer's Toolbox require either buildcraft power or IC2 power, as far as I know. And as far as I can find, there is no way to generate either in this pack. Thermal Expansion has its own power now. So how do I power these mods? Most likely I'm missing something, but what?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Hi, I got a question, hope I can ask it here. Mods like AE and Engineer's Toolbox require either buildcraft power or IC2 power, as far as I know. And as far as I can find, there is no way to generate either in this pack. Thermal Expansion has its own power now. So how do I power these mods? Most likely I'm missing something, but what?
TE3 will power BC machines if you use energy conduits. Also the Air Compressor from RotaryCraft will produce MJ.

Reactions: Bemperor

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
AE uses RF. Engineer's Toolbox runs off RF http://emashersmods.wikispaces.com/Downloads not EU or MJ. All the mods in Horizons that use energy support RF except RoataryCraft/ReactorCraft . I'm not sure about that. Many mods have added or changed to RF support in 1.6 .

And as Phil stated is you attach a conduit from an energy cell or dynamo to any device that requries BC power it will provide MJ to the machine. But the mods in Horizons use RF.

Merendel

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like a good pack overall. The only mods in there I would rather not have are the metalurgy (and the 2-3 other mods from the same team) The concept of the mods are fine and intresting but they just add way way to many new resorces. I tried out a pack that had them in it on that other launcher and frankly they made inventory management a real chore till you got to the point of haveing a huge inventory through asorted bags. They also stalled advanceing to that point as you had to run back to drop off all the random junk 4 times as often.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like a good pack overall. The only mods in there I would rather not have are the metalurgy (and the 2-3 other mods from the same team) The concept of the mods are fine and intresting but they just add way way to many new resorces. I tried out a pack that had them in it on that other launcher and frankly they made inventory management a real chore till you got to the point of haveing a huge inventory through asorted bags. They also stalled advanceing to that point as you had to run back to drop off all the random junk 4 times as often.

good thing you can disable the mods you don't want to play with ;)

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
good thing you can disable the mods you don't want to play with ;)
Why do people insist on making replies like this? Yes. We can disable mods. But expressing a preference or dislike for certain mods is surely the entire point of this pack and this thread. So, when someone expresses an opinion that a mod should not to be included, I propose that we skip the "Just disable it then!" replies. This thread is not just about the Horizons pack. It's about the mods that are in it, and whether they are good mods to include in a pack.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Why do people insist on making replies like this? Yes. We can disable mods. But expressing a preference or dislike for certain mods is surely the entire point of this pack and this thread. So, when someone expresses an opinion that a mod should not to be included, I propose that we skip the "Just disable it then!" replies. This thread is not just about the Horizons pack. It's about the mods that are in it, and whether they are good mods to include in a pack.

Welll close. Technically its about which mods you particularly enjoy or don't enjoy in this specific pack... not what mods aren't in Horizons that people hope will be in other packs :p

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
I started up about 6 Horizons worlds last night, with bonus chests every time. On the first 5 worlds, I died in the first night and got spawn-camped by hecates every single time. On the sixth world, I managed to find a Mushroom Island biome and so I survived! Tempted to disable Ars Magica 2.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
I started up about 6 Horizons worlds last night, with bonus chests every time. On the first 5 worlds, I died in the first night and got spawn-camped by hecates every single time. On the sixth world, I managed to find a Mushroom Island biome and so I survived! Tempted to disable Ars Magica 2.
That didn't get me so much as the accumulation of everything kicking my but up and down the street. ironically it was the bop config mistake that has saved me. Yes... I live and survive on an island. I feel bad though because I can't just explore for a preferred spot. I have to bunker down. I'm not in kansas anymore... and I wait until I understand what the heck is going on. Wikis aren't really up for all this stuff. I can see they are being worked on as atleast a few mod wikis I checked last night are being very recently updated, but still not useful yet.

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
As someone asked before, is it supposed for Roguelike dungeons to be off by default? Like is there any issue server wise that i should be aware before changing it to on?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
What is the minimap mod? Is it MapWriter like in the DW20 pack?

Yes it is MapWriter. I'm not sure I care for this minimap. I'm also not sure how to remove it because it isn't in the mod folder. Was this one added directly to the minecraft.jar file? If so what is the best way to disable it and replace it with Zan's or Rei's?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
As someone asked before, is it supposed for Roguelike dungeons to be off by default? Like is there any issue server wise that i should be aware before changing it to on?
I think the issue with Roguelike is that when it's on, it basically clutters the ENTIRE UNDERGROUND with the dungeons. At least that's what happened to me when i tested the mod a while ago when I was looking for a good dungeon mod.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Yes it is MapWriter. I'm not sure I care for this minimap. I'm also not sure how to remove it because it isn't in the mod folder. Was this one added directly to the minecraft.jar file? If so what is the best way to disable it and replace it with Zan's or Rei's?
With you on that. I don't want the radar and stuff, just that chunk bounderies and visual hud markers are stinking huge to me at this point.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
MapWriter should be its own .jar in the mods folder.

Hm. It's definitely there, but I think the .jar has a different name than mapwriter.jar... OH! Of course. It's Opis! Opis is built on top of the mapwriter code. That's why MapWriter is listed between ObsidianPlates and Opis in the mods list in-game.

So for those of you that want to disable MapWriter and use another minimap, you'll need to disable Opis.

Reactions: Flipz

pixlepix

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, but until that API is stable and not changeing every release it won't be in.
UE developer here (Not the API itself, but I develope minechem and I'm very active in the community). Can you expand on this? The API is under active development, but the code to use it doesn't change much, and it hardly ever changes between vanilla versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.