FTB Beyond Release

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
So I started 3 of the magic mods. Psi, Botania, and Roots I also am going to be doing Blood magic and Embers but is there any other magic mods in that I don't know? Don't do magic that often and I'm afraid I haven't keep up. I know req is one but not sure I'm going to do that one.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Copper has always been set to oregen high in the world. The idea is to keep it from being yet another ultra rare deep ore that will interfere and make diamonds all but impossible to find. Or so I presume.

As for the chunkloading, FTB Utilities is in, and it's easy, costing absolutely nothing, so it's clearly the superior option to anything else. It's basically the teleportation option of chunkloading. Requiring absolutely no attention paid once it's set up.

D

debelsch

Hello everybody, I just want to ask if someone else has the problem to get speciality from bees, like withering, apocalyptic and wither. I use the industrial apiary with hell upgrade to adjust the temperature exact like thy want, but I'm getting nothing. I also tested with an alveary in the nether and nothing.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Some have special requirements for blocks under them. I know one or two require specific ores, but I don't recall any off hand. I think Jaded Bees need to be on an Emerald Ore block for example.

thunderbolt_6

Jul 29, 2019
That doesn't seem to be issue, looking at the current pack's content.

Sent from my torture dungeon in the hills of Mumbai.
yeah i actually added it, the weapons is balanced and not op like draconic, and the emc generator configured to consume a nether star, it seems fair to use cause you cant farm wither boss in medium-semilate game.

G

General Swayam

I have tried to play beyond with curse and evertime i click play through the new launcher it starts up the loading process when it gets to 4/7 and 156/184 (RF tools) it shows an error saying { Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working . A problem caused the program to stop working correctly etc} . And all i can do is close program . Then in the new mc launcher it says the game crashed and that the y are srry .

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
I have tried to play beyond with curse and evertime i click play through the new launcher it starts up the loading process when it gets to 4/7 and 156/184 (RF tools) it shows an error saying { Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working . A problem caused the program to stop working correctly etc} . And all i can do is close program . Then in the new mc launcher it says the game crashed and that the y are srry .

This is not the place for Tech Support, we have a Tech Support board specifically to help deal with issues. Read the stickies there first, it's likely that they will help you with your problem. If not, ensure you fill the form out and provide a link to a log file.

Bahnmor

Jul 29, 2019
I have tried to play beyond with curse and evertime i click play through the new launcher it starts up the loading process when it gets to 4/7 and 156/184 (RF tools) it shows an error...

I had a similar problem a month or two back. If you're using an Nvidia graphics card there is a driver version that doesn't seem to play nice. I had to roll back at the time. If you're using the most recent then you may need to do the same, if not try updating the graphics driver.

Reactions: Everlasting2

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I don't know if this kind of question belongs in this thread or if it belongs in the bug reporting section, but I think I've found what may possibly be a bug:

Basically, it is this: Recipes that show what fuels EnderIO's Stirling Generator will accept as a fuel do not show up in JEI. At least, that's what I think is happening. I recall that this works fine in Direwolf20's 1.10 modpack but also does not show the recipes for fuels it can use, so I'm going based off of that. I did not notice any specific changes that stated certain fuels were disabled for the default FTB Beyond mode for EnderIO generators.

This is a really good modpack as is, I'm off to do further testing as to whether coal will really work in a EnderIO Stirling Generator.

This is in pack version 1.2.1 I don't know if any of the pack devs have scheduled changes for newer versions that I don't know about yet, but I suspect they'll get around to it eventually. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I don't know if this kind of question belongs in this thread or if it belongs in the bug reporting section, but I think I've found what may possibly be a bug:

Basically, it is this: Recipes that show what fuels EnderIO's Stirling Generator will accept as a fuel do not show up in JEI. At least, that's what I think is happening. I recall that this works fine in Direwolf20's 1.10 modpack but also does not show the recipes for fuels it can use, so I'm going based off of that. I did not notice any specific changes that stated certain fuels were disabled for the default FTB Beyond mode for EnderIO generators.

This is a really good modpack as is, I'm off to do further testing as to whether coal will really work in a EnderIO Stirling Generator.

This is in pack version 1.2.1 I don't know if any of the pack devs have scheduled changes for newer versions that I don't know about yet, but I suspect they'll get around to it eventually. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
As far as I know you can use anything you can use in a furnace but if you want the most out of your Stirling gens set them up like this. For this you will need to set up lava gathering/producing method. Hook that up to a tank from ender IO with a bucket in it set to export to the Stirling Gen. Them put a Oct cap in the generator. This will give you 80 rf per tick for a little over 12 minute or about 1 million rf per bucket. It will also run off of red coal for 55 sec and produce ~80,000.

Last edited:

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Did you try checking it from the Stirling Generator itself?

I'm not sure what you mean? If you mean the "recipes" functionality that was present in some mod in 1.7.10 (possibly NEI) that isn't in 1.10 as far as I can tell. If you mean something else, please elaborate.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
As far as I know you can use anything you can use in a furnace but if you want the most out of your Stirling gens set them up like this. For this you will need to set up lava gathering/producing method. Hook that up to a tank from ender IO with a bucket in it set to export to the Stirling Gen. Them put a Oct cap in the generator. This will give you 80 rf per tick for a little over 12 minute or about 1 million rf per bucket. It will also run off of red coal for 55 sec and produce ~80,000.

I'm not terribly worried about what fuel type to use, thanks for the info anyway. I could get enough out of a piece of coal just using the new dungeon loot capacitors found in dungeons and worldgen structures such as Pyramids, Jungle Temples, and other types of worldgen structures. I just want to know why the EnderIO generator doesn't show up in the list whenever I ask JEI to show uses for a piece of coal, as it seems like a bug or issue to me.

Also, wouldn't lava be better off piped into a tank for storage buffering and piped into the EnderIO Combustion Generator through the tank's own I/O system? Or does that not take lava as a liquid type? I prefer solid fuels anyway, less risk of spillage of lava in a base, kind of hard to clean up without burning oneself! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

lavaheart626

Jul 29, 2019
hey, is it just me or is inventory tweaks not working? like you can't sort inventories or anything like you used to be able to and there's no indication that it's working because the buttons aren't there....

edit: I'm also noticing that like, villages have no loot kinda? It's very weird. maybe I'm not used to some sort of new 1.10.2 "features" lol....

Last edited:

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
hey, is it just me or is inventory tweaks not working? like you can't sort inventories or anything like you used to be able to and there's no indication that it's working because the buttons aren't there....

edit: I'm also noticing that like, villages have no loot kinda? It's very weird. maybe I'm not used to some sort of new 1.10.2 "features" lol....

Are you on version 1.2.1? I notice Inventory Tweaks has the button in chest inventories. It doesn't seem to be set up to sort player inventory, use the scroll wheel click to trigger that.

As for the no loot thing, which houses in particular? I have noticed Blacksmith and Immersive Engineering have loot in them. Ellpeck from Actually Additions turned off loot generation of his jams in his Village house because of issues with how it was generating. Railcraft huts simply don't have any loot because that isn't implemented yet, although the chest still spawns. Forestry Huts always seem to spawn with both loot and bee hives. On occasion, I have seen certain types of Railcraft loot generating in Vanilla Minecraft dungeons. Pyramids and Jungle Temples also seem to be spawning loot that mods add just fine.

If you are experiencing specific loot problems with specific mods, please first check that mod's issue tracker or forum thread before posting about issues with loot generation. They may be working on code related to that part of their mod.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Railcraft is in beta for it's next release, so loot should be sorted soon.

I meant that with the interface for the Stirling Generator is open, if you hover over coal it should show X amount of RF total and then Y amount per tick. As for the otherway, I know at least one of the Changelogs mentioned tweaking the JEI recipe compatibility, so perhaps that's messed something up.