FTB Beyond Release

S

Senophoe

Any ways to repair damaged items besides the auto repairer from Actually Additions?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
i know there is but I can't remember them all. I know there is that mending enchantment that can be put on almost any item that is enchant-able.

C

CankerousTexas15

Why do I sometimes glitch when I go to sleep in the game?
It would be made day but then I would be lying in the floor not able to get off the sleeping menu so I would restart the game every time:(

Reactions: WauloK

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Incidentally, someone asked about transforming RF to EU? That was split off from Immersive Engineering into a separate mod, since the original author was irritated about that becoming it's primary use.

MrMonsterGuy18

Oct 3, 2016
The Grave
Same here, i also get lag of fps after 10~min or so, the cpu goes up.
windows 10 pro x64, fx8150 @3.6ghz, gtx660 16gb ram.
java arguments :"-Xmx6G -Xms512M -Xmn768m -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseNUMA -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=30 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=150 -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -XX:SurvivorRatio=8 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true -Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=2048m -XX:+UseCodeCacheFlushing -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=10000 -XX: ParallelGCThreads=8"
Try putting -Xmx 6G to -Xmx 8G

S

Senophoe

i know there is but I can't remember them all. I know there is that mending enchantment that can be put on almost any item that is enchant-able.
I'm trying to find an alternative to repair the golden armors dropped on my mob farm in order to smelt them later. Mending wouldn't work in this case... Back in the day I did it using Turtles, but I'm trying to find an alternative for Beyond...

A

Abracadaver

In DW20 and Skyfactory, I made extensive use of Not Enough Wands (especially the swapping wand for remodelling my base). Is there a specific reason why this mod wasn't included in this pack? And assuming it doesn't get added in the near future, can anyone recommend alternatives for easily replacing blocks?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
In DW20 and Skyfactory, I made extensive use of Not Enough Wands (especially the swapping wand for remodelling my base). Is there a specific reason why this mod wasn't included in this pack? And assuming it doesn't get added in the near future, can anyone recommend alternatives for easily replacing blocks?
Botania has that swapping wand, right? Dire uses it when the NEW mod isn't in packs (rod of shifting crust or something)

Last edited:
Reactions: Abracadaver

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Rod of the Shifting Crust also lacks the hardness limits imposed on the NEW version.
by botania's internal logic since a manasteel pick can mine obsiden so, a mana using tool made from diamounds and signicantly more mana must do so as well .i highly doubt it would be changed by vaski without the pick being changed as well .

as for not enough wands why did it impose the restriction when u need blaze rods anyways to make them which implys the player already had obsidian(ignoring casting a portal the vanilla way) (balancing this way against they found it in a dung chest is not a good idea when u are the reason they spawn there)

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
by botania's internal logic since a manasteel pick can mine obsiden so, a mana using tool made from diamounds and signicantly more mana must do so as well .i highly doubt it would be changed by vaski without the pick being changed as well .

as for not enough wands why did it impose the restriction when u need blaze rods anyways to make them which implys the player already had obsidian(ignoring casting a portal the vanilla way) (balancing this way against they found it in a dung chest is not a good idea when u are the reason they spawn there)
I believe you can find them as loot. as to why maybe just a way to limit it. I mean wouldn't it pick up ores like silk touch other wise?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I believe you can find them as loot. as to why maybe just a way to limit it. I mean wouldn't it pick up ores like silk touch other wise?
thats why i mentioned the balance against dung loot bit, it still can do the silk touch thing last i checked , it just complains if u try to grab something with it that is too hard without swapping in something else hard enough in (and out right refuses to swap infused obsidian from DE)
it just seems like a weird balance balance pt to limit it by hardness (given its default crafting recipe)

V

voxelv

(I'm new here, but familiar with modded minecraft since 5 years ago).

I was perusing the dependency list and saw that we've got Funky Locomotion, which is quite exciting for me. 1.4.7 was the last time frames were really stable (imo) and useful, and I'm excited to try them out again. My favorite thing was to construct giant world-eaters a-la Direwolf20.

However, with the new chunk loading system, it would seem to be impossible to make a world-eater that can be completely autonomous. I would really like to know if there is a mobile chunk loader that can be attached to frames!

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
(I'm new here, but familiar with modded minecraft since 5 years ago).

I was perusing the dependency list and saw that we've got Funky Locomotion, which is quite exciting for me. 1.4.7 was the last time frames were really stable (imo) and useful, and I'm excited to try them out again. My favorite thing was to construct giant world-eaters a-la Direwolf20.

However, with the new chunk loading system, it would seem to be impossible to make a world-eater that can be completely autonomous. I would really like to know if there is a mobile chunk loader that can be attached to frames!
Unfortunately this is deliberate. Such machines, while very interesting to build and operate, cause a lot of lag. If you're in single player or on a server with an admin who approves you doing this, just spawn in some railcraft admin world anchors or another chunk loader.