FTB Beyond Release

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I just adjusted the configs. But since I'm in single-player, I can do that.

I'm curious why the Translocator Crafting Grid was disabled.

P

phreeck

Do Tinkers Construct tools not accept Flux modifiers anymore? I can't seem to make energy based tools at all.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Do Tinkers Construct tools not accept Flux modifiers anymore? I can't seem to make energy based tools at all.
the flux modifier perished in the transition from 1.7.10 to 1.8/1.9/1.10 , the mossy modifier also perished and got replaced with an inferior version of the mending enchant from vanilla called mending moss(needs 10 lvls and moss to make and will consume all the lvls used in the recipe) the only thing that even holds a candle to the old moss modifier is called ecological (material trait) which slowly heals the item like moss used to .

edit :corrected error in lvl amount tx to magzie for reminding me.

Last edited:
M

menashe160

hi all,
Can anyone help me?
Since last update i dont have hunger, and there are no mobs at all,
am i the onle one like that?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
the flux modifier perished in the transition from 1.7.10 to 1.8/1.9/1.10 , the mossy modifier also perished and got replaced with an inferior version of the mending enchant from vanilla called mending moss(needs 30 lvls and moss to make and will consume all the lvls used in the recipe) the only thing that even holds a candle to the old moss modifier is called ecological (material trait) which slowly heals the item like moss used to .
Um what are you talking about mending moss is right clicking on a book case with a moss and 10 levels very cheap. Also wood on tinkers weapons/tools will give a repair effect as well. If you want to max that make a all wood tools put 2 levels of moss and Luck. Then add Obsidian and flint sharping kit. Of course with tool leveling you'll need to level the pick first. Once you get to the nether you can add Ardite binding and what ever head you like. I like cobalt or knight slime.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
hi all,
Can anyone help me?
Since last update i dont have hunger, and there are no mobs at all,
am i the onle one like that?
Make sure you aren't set to peaceful.
Does Beyond work on Regular Minecraft Forge?
Yes, however you shouldn't have to install it manually if you use one of the launchers.

Edit: Either the FTB or Curse launcher.

Reactions: menashe160
V

voxelv

Unfortunately this is deliberate. Such machines, while very interesting to build and operate, cause a lot of lag. If you're in single player or on a server with an admin who approves you doing this, just spawn in some railcraft admin world anchors or another chunk loader.

Ah ok, well I suppose this will make an extra interesting design challenge, need to think of automatic shutoff and notification system. Thanks for the info.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Um what are you talking about mending moss is right clicking on a book case with a moss and 10 levels very cheap. Also wood on tinkers weapons/tools will give a repair effect as well.
apologies i forgot how many lvls it took , but i did mention the ecological trait in my comment.(ill edit the lvl error in the prior comment and credit you )

the ardite trait only really works on picks/hammers because for that trait to activate u need to mine stone
i also never mentioned tinkers addons for simplicitys sake .

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
apologies i forgot how many lvls it took , but i did mention the ecological trait in my comment.(ill edit the lvl error in the prior comment and credit you )

the ardite trait only really works on picks/hammers because for that trait to activate u need to mine stone
i also never mentioned tinkers addons for simplicitys sake .
No no you miss understand me. The you don't use ardite binding for the trait. Things like binding give +450 durability to tools and weapons. It is the most durability gain that i know of in the game right now for things like binding. You can use something if you need a trait but I like maxing durability.
Ah ok, well I suppose this will make an extra interesting design challenge, need to think of automatic shutoff and notification system. Thanks for the info.
Just an Idea but if you are on single player you could ride along with the machine and that will keep it loaded. Just switch to lan. go afk and watch iron fist or what ever. Just an idea. Also Another idea you can use a digger from AA with 3 boosters if you can move it 32 blocks at a time and just set it to ores only. ;)

Last edited:
G

Glenadel

Hey I've been playing on my home server for a bit (great work btw!!) Though I noticed that a good 40% of Thermal Expansion does not have any textures. Copper shows as black blocks. Im not using any kind of texture packs or anything.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
There's a couple of options to set them up to repair with blood from your blood magic network. Not sure how much better that is than the mending option.

D3matt

Jul 29, 2019
Why have you chosen to disable the world anchors and chunkloaders? Surely if a server owner of a large server doesn't want them, that's on them to disable? Rather than making everybody else either enable them or spawn admin ones all cheaty-like?

Also rather curious why you've made some ores so oddly exclusive in their spawning? For example copper, which spawns where very few other useful ores spawn? Mining a ton of cobblestone and nothing else besides the occasional copper or iron/coal is not exactly my idea of productive use of time.