FTB Beyond Release

Pickypicky

Jul 29, 2019
We are very pleased to officially announce the release of FTB Beyond.

FTB Beyond is the latest iteration of our kitchen sink packs, being the minecraft 1.10 upgrade to FTB Infinity. But it's no ordinary kitchen sink pack, we've tweaked and customized it into the classic FTB experience you know and love.

Starting off, we have the latest version of FTB Utils.
A revamped team GUI...
Chunk claiming and server leaderboards...
We've completely redone ore generation...

SPOILER="Detailed config changes"
[long list of disabled and changed stuff]

SPOILER="Detailed recipe changes"
[mostly removed things and stuff made more difficult] <-- specifically, why remove multistorage enderbags? Were they causing crashes?

Get the pack now on the Curse app as well as the FTB launcher.
We will start working on expert mode in the next few weeks...

well, some missing mods :( (thaumcraft, twilight forest, alternate terrain gen, etc)

If Beyond is missing those mods, then Beyond is NOT the kitchen sink :mad:

What about teleportation for non-ops? That's a big request I see over and over again.

Pickypicky

Jul 29, 2019
Nice! I wish there were more exploring/questing mods. I have some friends that play the infinity lite/dire pack on my server, but they don't like tech as much. They prefeer exploring. Would love to see some mods to please the needs of those who arent so much into tech. Like Twilight, pirate ships, dungeons etc etc. Doesnt have to be questing, but custom mysterious dimensions with dungeons to explore would be awesome. (I know twilight doesnt exist)
This would include me!

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Really like all mods in this pack but lots of the stuff i really love is disabled on this pack. If this pack didn't change and disable so much and not tell you at all i may play it. The one that really gets me is the Portable Tank form Thermal Expansion seems like only the basic on is enabled and Agrocrafts ore plants are out then there also Quark in this pack but why bother adding Quark if you're just going to disable everything? if i could just enable everything again it would be nice

Who stops you from enabling it again? It is just in the config.

Also actually the majority of Quark is still enabled. It has a huge number of features and the things that are disabled is a relatively small subset.

Maverik

Jul 29, 2019
Ranged pump is quite terrible scanning every possible block and taking energy for that with barely any alternative. Wish we could still use buildcraft's one (or enderthermic at least)
Aslo, can't we have reborn storage for refined storage enthusiasts? (skyfactory3 has it so I'm not sure why we don't)
Absence of mfr and thaumcraft (and RC boilers) really punches hard though.

Last edited:
B

Bindoff

I thought Ars Magica 2 was going to be in the pack . For me I would like a few more magical mods . Still thanks for the work you guys do on these packs . Brilliant stuff .

B

Bindoff

Has anyone had issues acquiring Emeralds? I' ve had my RFTools quarry running for 2 days and I've not seen any. Diamonds, yes but no emeralds. The only emerald I got was one I mined manually.

You could use Pams harvestcraft to get plenty of Emeralds . In fact .... its a little op ! Well it was on FTB infinity lite - Haven't checked on beyond yet .

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Who stops you from enabling it again? It is just in the config.

Also actually the majority of Quark is still enabled. It has a huge number of features and the things that are disabled is a relatively small subset.
There isn't more then one recipe for portable tank. Once you place the tank in the world you make one of the upgrade kits and upgrade it for more storage. Direwolf 20 has a part 1 and 2 explain TE changes if that helps people.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I thought Ars Magica 2 was going to be in the pack . For me I would like a few more magical mods . Still thanks for the work you guys do on these packs . Brilliant stuff .
Ars MAgica is a port over not a upgraded mod for 1.10 and has allot of graphic errors like when you first cast spells.

B

Bindoff

Ars MAgica is a port over not a upgraded mod for 1.10 and has allot of graphic errors like when you first cast spells.

Thanks for letting me know . Happily waiting for thaumcraft , In the meantime - Ill spill my own blood and grow some flowers .

B

Bindoff

Just remembered another question. So I remember Thermal expansion from 1.7 Infinity . You could upgrade all the way to resonant machines and thus add 3 augments to increase drops or whatever . That doesn't seem to work as it stands .... any ideas peoples ?

Maverik

Jul 29, 2019
Just remembered another question. So I remember Thermal expansion from 1.7 Infinity . You could upgrade all the way to resonant machines and thus add 3 augments to increase drops or whatever . That doesn't seem to work as it stands .... any ideas peoples ?
TE now uses different style of upgrades. Just search for 4 colored plate things in jei, then rightclick on machines with it.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
The system has been reworked considerably - I recommend you look up a mod spotlight, such as Direwolf20's. Augments are no longer tiered, and you need to use upgrade kits to increase the augment capacity of machines.

EDIT: what @Maverik said :)

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
To explain alittle better every time you upgrade it to the next level it gain one aug slot. max 4. There are also more Aug and specialty ones. It is really cool and everyone should really check out direwolf20 mod spotlight.

B

Bindoff

Thanks chaps Didn't realise Mr wolf20 had done a new Mod spotlight.
TE now uses different style of upgrades. Just search for 4 colored plate things in jei, then rightclick on machines with it.

The system has been reworked considerably - I recommend you look up a mod spotlight, such as Direwolf20's. Augments are no longer tiered, and you need to use upgrade kits to increase the augment capacity of machines.

EDIT: what @Maverik said :)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Why does nobody use the extra utilities one? Setup ones never care again. Maybe not very "realistic" but for me mining/quarrying os not fun so I abuse it

Do you realize it requires a Nether Star to make it? I'm sure I will use that quarry eventually, yes, but not on the 4th day after starting the modpack. LOL

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I love the Virtual Digger and I'll tell you why. If you put three boosters on top before placing it it will mine 16 blocks radius. Very easy to set up. Very mobile also you only need besides the digger and three boosters 2 5k caps, a top tier bat from AA, large chest or ender chest, Item conduit, and mine pack with compression. when your out and about just takes 2 minutes to set up. The 2-5k caps will run it 2-3 times and the bat will fill the cpas when their in your inv. Very good ealier game resource gather and you can set it to ores only FTW!

Awesome, thanks. The biggest challened to FTB Beyond has been obtaining information on all these "new" mods (new to me, at least). FTB wiki used to be decent but nobody really bothers to update them anymore, and it's completely understandable due to how quickly the mods change. It's probably more work to keep a wiki up to date and fully accurate than it is to write a mod in the first place. LOL So we get tons of new mods, which is great, but we also get very little good solid information, which is not great.

For the digger if you have been exploring and come acrossed a mesa pop down your digger and in 2 minute have gold for days.

Oh wow, so in v1.10.2 modpacks, Mesa biomes have extra gold? I do remember hearing something about that, it's a vanilla Minecraft change they made?

But I thought the idea of this modpack was to eliminate any need to go exploring, so we can stay in the same 3x3 chunk area the entire game? LOL Well guess what FTB? IM GOING EXPLORING FOR MESA BIOME. So go stuff it. haha

Last edited:

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Do you realize it requires a Nether Star to make it? I'm sure I will use that quarry eventually, yes, but not on the 4th day after starting the modpack. LOL

recipt has been changed comparing to the dw.20 1.10 pack. There it was cheaper if I remember correctly

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Will thermal dynamics be added?

When they finish with it. I understand from seeing some of the bugs in a preview (WeAllPlayCast's livestream on 3/2) and hearing on Direwolf20's spotlight that it's close to being done.

IMO they added Expansion and Foundation to Beyond because the hounds were getting restless for a release and DW is waiting for the complete set to add to his pack.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Ranged pump is quite terrible scanning every possible block and taking energy for that with barely any alternative. Wish we could still use buildcraft's one (or enderthermic at least)
Aslo, can't we have reborn storage for refined storage enthusiasts? (skyfactory3 has it so I'm not sure why we don't)
Absence of mfr and thaumcraft (and RC boilers) really punches hard though.

Use the pump from Immersive Engineering. Works much better than the ranged pump and it is similar to other pumps in that it replaces lava with stone/cobble.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Awesome, thanks. The biggest challened to FTB Beyond has been obtaining information on all these "new" mods (new to me, at least). FTB wiki used to be decent but nobody really bothers to update them anymore, and it's completely understandable due to how quickly the mods change. It's probably more work to keep a wiki up to date and fully accurate than it is to write a mod in the first place. LOL So we get tons of new mods, which is great, but we also get very little good solid information, which is not great.

Oh wow, so in v1.10.2 modpacks, Mesa biomes have extra gold? I do remember hearing something about that, it's a vanilla Minecraft change they made?

But I thought the idea of this modpack was to eliminate any need to go exploring, so we can stay in the same 3x3 chunk area the entire game? LOL Well guess what FTB? IM GOING EXPLORING FOR MESA BIOME. So go stuff it. haha
They will most likely be mor eup[dates later in modded 1.10 when everythings gets stable and less changes over all. Really no point right now. Yes it is a Val mechanic they add gold spawn basically through out the level in mesa and added Dark oak Mineshafts which I have yet to find but would look get. They also added bone spawns in the deserts but I haven't found a good way to find those yet.