FTB Beyond Release

S

sparhawkse

With Mekanism gone, what is the best way to convert EU->RF now? I know you can use the electric generators from Forestry but it feels clunky in comparison, and they overheat. :) On the same topic, and this might just be me being really thick, but what do you use in Beyond to transfer RF? The only thing I found was wire's from Immersive but I find those butt-ugly unless your doing outdoors wireing.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
With Mekanism gone, what is the best way to convert EU->RF now? I know you can use the electric generators from Forestry but it feels clunky in comparison, and they overheat. :) On the same topic, and this might just be me being really thick, but what do you use in Beyond to transfer RF? The only thing I found was wire's from Immersive but I find those butt-ugly unless your doing outdoors wireing.

EnderIO conduits work fine for transmitting power

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Any reason why the PSI CAD assembler is so absurdly expensive? (3 end crystals, 2 dragon eggs, etc.) I hadn't played with it before, and was looking forward to playing with it. I have to "beat the game" a few times before I can even START it... :(
Psi can get OP absurdly fast after you've started with it. I think this how they made sure that you can't all skip a whole lot of early game progression by using Psi.

It would've been nicer if they'd made it so that people could start with Psi, but then made it very expensive to progress in it. I do not know whether or not Psi makes this possible, though.

Sent from my torture dungeon in the hills of Mumbai.

Reactions: Pyure

electric_blue

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly why does the pack have IC2 and TechReborn? TechReborn is basically a completely revamp of IC2 and a little bit better. Why have both of them in this pack?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Another stupid question, and I wouldn't ask a "why don't you have XXX mod in the pack?" question if it weren't for it being Biome's a Plenty that I'm asking about, which I thought was kinda a standard one to add first to any given pack. So, no biomes?

For some of us it's the first mod completely removed from seemingly every pack we install.

Don't generalize everyone into one group, please. :D

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
with the oil from AA you can set up early power for both RF and and eu as the Combustion generators that I have tested so far runs off the Oil from AA. Have tested yet in this pack though so I'll post back when I do and let you know also testing on the TE combustion one while I'm out. Also like to suggest something for all pack. Can we add The oil Recipes for AA into the Enderio and IC2 machines. I know for a fact the IC2 fluid canner or what ever take the oils but there is no recipe for it and the Vat I believe will also take fluids but No recipe for it. I have not tested this in the pack yet also but I will while I'm testing and post back that also.

Softwerker

Jan 24, 2017
I have to say, I was a bit shocked for the new reciepe for CAD Assembly and Spell programmer. Wanted to build a CAD yesterday since I try to do something else than Tinkers in this playthrough but noped right out^^

Going for the AA drill now, but need access to the nether for it.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I have to say, I was a bit shocked for the new reciepe for CAD Assembly and Spell programmer. Wanted to build a CAD yesterday since I try to do something else than Tinkers in this playthrough but noped right out^^

Going for the AA drill now, but need access to the nether for it.
Its an odd one, isn't it? The problem is this; in the right hands, Psi can allow you to skip a lot of early game stuff apparently. And presumably, its simple enough for people to look up easy spells rather than work them out themselves, so even those who don't know Psi can use it to do so. Now me? I'd be gutted about the change, and it would put me right off, because I actually want to learn Psi (slow and painful as that will be), so it would basically render the mod completely unusable. By the time I'd get to it, I wouldn't be bothered about it. But, I get the feeling that a perspective like that is considered to be the exception, not the rule.

mti_

Jul 29, 2019
We will start working on expert mode in the next few weeks.

This is incredibly exciting news. Infinity Expert has revolutionized how I think about modded Minecraft and nothing else will do anymore (apart from properly self-contained experiences like TFC or things like ME4).
Lack of balance and forced progression is, in fact, the main reason I have struggled to get really excited about 1.10 modpacks so far. Powergaming is too darn tempting when most things are familiar.
Obviously, if work has not yet started on the project we will have to be patient for quite a while longer but I will be putting up a server asap and get busy reporting those early bugs. It was fantastic fun the first time around and I have no doubt that tfox will deliver again.
While I currently have (yet another) 1.7 Expert server up (and people are "still" enjoying it) I am of course available for extensive playtesting, if any more seasoned expert mode players should be required to try and break the progression.
I am looking forward to this very much and I will do my best to contribute with hunting down bugs and providing a server for my players!

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Psi can get OP absurdly fast after you've started with it. I think this how they made sure that you can't all skip a whole lot of early game progression by using Psi.

It would've been nicer if they'd made it so that people could start with Psi, but then made it very expensive to progress in it. I do not know whether or not Psi makes this possible, though.

Sure, you could potentially restrict higher tiers of CAD components behind more expensive materials, but still allow, for instance, the basic CAD to be craftable in the early game.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Its an odd one, isn't it? The problem is this; in the right hands, Psi can allow you to skip a lot of early game stuff apparently. And presumably, its simple enough for people to look up easy spells rather than work them out themselves, so even those who don't know Psi can use it to do so. Now me? I'd be gutted about the change, and it would put me right off, because I actually want to learn Psi (slow and painful as that will be), so it would basically render the mod completely unusable. By the time I'd get to it, I wouldn't be bothered about it. But, I get the feeling that a perspective like that is considered to be the exception, not the rule.
Actually, Psi would allow you to create to create all kinds of programs that can replace powertools like builders' wands, hammers and lumber axes and pretty much any weapon I can think of, and more. There's no reason to not try out Psi, even if it's already late-game.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
My 0.02 on the Psi issue, bearing in mind my knowledge of the mod is very limited, is that I don't really see the harm in allowing OP crap early on in a kitchen sink pack. Putting things in a sensible progression order strikes me as more of a "Expert" mode change.

I'm inclined to agree that this pack should allow a user to explore the mod in its normal state rather than waiting till some later progression point.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
My 0.02 on the Psi issue, bearing in mind my knowledge of the mod is very limited, is that I don't really see the harm in allowing OP crap early on in a kitchen sink pack. Putting things in a sensible progression order strikes me as more of a "Expert" mode change.

I'm inclined to agree that this pack should allow a user to explore the mod in its normal state rather than waiting till some later progression point.
i mean I do agree with the whole changes for changes sake and that Psi is op I mean it takes what 30 minutes to get to loop casting. But there is cheat mod you can always trash the rest of the recipe mats and spawn it in to start Psi.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
i mean I do agree with the whole changes for changes sake and that Psi is op I mean it takes what 30 minutes to get to loop casting. But there is cheat mod you can always trash the rest of the recipe mats and spawn it in to start Psi.

Cheat mode makes the whole point of survival moot...
If you are willing to go that far, you might as well comment out the lines changing the recipe in the CraftTweaker script manually. That'd break the concept of survival less.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Ehm... were am I supossed to download the server files for this pack?
Can´t see any opcion in the curse client and on the curse page there is no server pack for now as it were the case in other modpacks.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
This is incredibly exciting news. Infinity Expert has revolutionized how I think about modded Minecraft and nothing else will do anymore (apart from properly self-contained experiences like TFC or things like ME4).
Lack of balance and forced progression is, in fact, the main reason I have struggled to get really excited about 1.10 modpacks so far. Powergaming is too darn tempting when most things are familiar.
Obviously, if work has not yet started on the project we will have to be patient for quite a while longer but I will be putting up a server asap and get busy reporting those early bugs. It was fantastic fun the first time around and I have no doubt that tfox will deliver again.
While I currently have (yet another) 1.7 Expert server up (and people are "still" enjoying it) I am of course available for extensive playtesting, if any more seasoned expert mode players should be required to try and break the progression.
I am looking forward to this very much and I will do my best to contribute with hunting down bugs and providing a server for my players!
All the mods has a expert version. if that is your thing. from what i have experienced it isn't the same as infinity. it looks like a lot of work went into customizing it though. It will be nice to see what modes are coming to beyond. They put a plural in there after all. maybe "expert", "death to players", and the "you got to be kidding me" modes? would be interesting to have a variety to choose from.

edit: guess the information was a another memory edit by my wishful thinking. i can't find the source of that plural.