FTB Beyond Release

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Does 1.4 implement GameModes? Anyone knows?

No Changelog yet. Will follow soon. As stated different times, this takes time.

And if with GameModes you mean the ability to Change between Expert and Normal, then no.
For Beyond this will not work like this. Expert Mode will be a seperate Pack. They talked in the Townhall meeting about it. In 1.10 it is not possible for them to change the recipts on the flight with just a gamemode change as it was the case in Infinity Evolved.
But this should not be any problem since you will play either Normal or Expert.

Expert Mode ETA was June I think. But when time comes closer, they will surly give more details.

Last edited:

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I have some problems with performance. I run a Server and I´m the only player on the server.
I have 4 9x9 Plots with a AA Farmer+ Worms + Greenhous Glass.
When I enter this Area it lags a lot (client side only)
I guess that my PC is just to slow for this.
I´m using lowest grafic options there are but a 32x Resource Pack.

So not asking for technical support here but for Ideas of how you guys build your farms. 4 Plots is not much and its still growing a bit to slow for a steady Canola production or a IE Energy Plant that requeires also a lot of seeds. So I would have to expend this.
I still need to have a look into Agricraft so I maybe can reduce the amount of Plots, but apart from this there is no resource friendly way to produce this items?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
EnderIO farming station would be my suggestion. Basically, I've found the best way to deal with the lag from things is to get them out of render distance. Stick it behind something so it's running but not rendered, or just move it some long distance away. Much as I dislike it personally, use a Dimensional Transceiver and teleport stuff back and forth. Keep the area out of sight and you'll lose the lag.

I would personally not stack too many tick updating options together. No more than worms and glass or worms and sprinklers. But then again, I've not used Agricraft myself, but last I knew it wasn't behaving properly.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
EnderIO farming station would be my suggestion. Basically, I've found the best way to deal with the lag from things is to get them out of render distance. Stick it behind something so it's running but not rendered, or just move it some long distance away. Much as I dislike it personally, use a Dimensional Transceiver and teleport stuff back and forth. Keep the area out of sight and you'll lose the lag.

I would personally not stack too many tick updating options together. No more than worms and glass or worms and sprinklers. But then again, I've not used Agricraft myself, but last I knew it wasn't behaving properly.

Well, I do not like this option for design reasons. This is the first play through were I try to make everything beautifull... well DW20 like beutifull.
Why are farming Stations less Leg intensive? I do not like them because I need to have a setup for the tools and having the risk of loosing my tool and there with me Energy generation is something I dislike.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Move the functional farms away, and put in only decorative ones. Minecarts to carry stuff around. If you don't want power, you've already gotten the best option up and running.

insomx

Jul 29, 2019
No Changelog yet. Will follow soon. As stated different times, this takes time.

And if with GameModes you mean the ability to Change between Expert and Normal, then no.
For Beyond this will not work like this. Expert Mode will be a seperate Pack. They talked in the Townhall meeting about it. In 1.10 it is not possible for them to change the recipts on the flight with just a gamemode change as it was the case in Infinity Evolved.
But this should not be any problem since you will play either Normal or Expert.

Expert Mode ETA was June I think. But when time comes closer, they will surly give more details.

Thanks for the answer :]

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Hmm, I just updated this morning to the latest (BETA), and JEI no longer appears to show recipes for processing things (crusher, smelter, anything really except vanilla).

I'll try restarting and stuff. How odd.

I've got the same error. Super annoying. No processing recipies! Only crafting if pressing r from the inventory.

This is fixed in 1.4.2

Last edited:
R

Robobrine

Is anyone else having problems with Flux Networks 1.2.1? The game crashes as soon as I interact with one of the blocks. I downgraded back to 1.2.0 and it's working just fine now.

Also I found a recipe conflict, looks like the Storage Drawer Oak Trims recipe using slabs needs to be removed as it's used to craft BiblioCraft Oak Painting Frame instead. The Oak Trims can still be crafted with normal planks. I actually don't know why they even have a slab recipe, the oak ones are the only Trims with one, every other wood type only works using planks.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedDrain
R

RedDrain

Is anyone else having problems with Flux Networks 1.2.1? The game crashes as soon as I interact with one of the blocks. I downgraded back to 1.2.0 and it's working just fine now.

Also I found a recipe conflict, looks like the Storage Drawer Oak Trims recipe using slabs needs to be removed as it's used to craft BiblioCraft Oak Painting Frame instead. The Oak Trims can still be crafted with normal planks. I actually don't know why they even have a slab recipe, the oak ones are the only Trims with one, every other wood type only works using planks.

I have noticed that bug and made me lose 30 min. Seems odd because i had interacted with those Blocks in 1.4.2 and they worked just Fine. Interacted with one a few minutes after, and got the crash.

R

Robobrine

I have noticed that bug and made me lose 30 min. Seems odd because i had interacted with those Blocks in 1.4.2 and they worked just Fine. Interacted with one a few minutes after, and got the crash.
Looks like Flux Network released a fix for this, though I haven't tried it jet. If you wan't to get rid of the crashes you can just download either Flux Network 1.2.0 (works for sure) or 1.2.2 (change log says the crashes should be fixed). Or you wait for the next version of Beyond which will probably also update the mod.

M

Mr. Crain

Anyone updating from 1.3.0 to 1.4.2 and running into a brick wall? A copy and paste of the World File is all I did and man it's crashing on me everytime :(

M

Mr. Crain

Not yet. But I'll let you know in the morning when I update my server. I'll be making the same jump from 1.3.0 to 1.4.2
Rgr that Mr Henry. What I haven't tried yet is migrating to 1.4.0 then to 1.4.2. Not sure if that step up method even makes sense considering the world would still be from 1.3.0 .. anyway enough of my yapping i'll eagerly await your results Mr Henry

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how much AE/RF the Infinity Booser Card from Wireless Crafting Terminal uses? I cheated the item in because after lots of bugs and testing I wanted it. But now it's soaking up all my energy.

Edit: I guess its a bug. Even if I only have the Wireless Crafting Terminal on my Hotbar and Flux Networks charging my Hotbar items I lose around 2k RF/t.
even if I do not use the Terminal.

Edit2: also happening with the Normal AE2 Terminal... Strange!

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Edit: I guess its a bug. Even if I only have the Wireless Crafting Terminal on my Hotbar and Flux Networks charging my Hotbar items I lose around 2k RF/t.
even if I do not use the Terminal.

Edit2: also happening with the Normal AE2 Terminal... Strange!

sounds like an issue with fluxed networks try disabling wireless charging and seeing how much rf/t is lost afterwards