-Flyboys FTB Server Applications are Open for 10 more! (Modded PVP Battle)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism for weapons, the sulfur crafting Is from artifice and Thaumcraft you can automate sulfur. could we add AE2 by chance, it'd make it a bit easier and harder in certain aspects.

Mekanism is a maybe for ore processing. Thaumcraft and AE2 are both too far out of the packs scope though. Thaumcraft being magical (this is a tech pack), and AE2 for requiring a ton of automation and power, which we would just be destroying at the end of the two weeks. ;)

Ookami5875

Jul 29, 2019
I think it would be interesting to bring in some magic mods depending on how the first battle goes. Of course nothing that could get you extremely powerful like Blood Magic. What I've seen from Thaumcraft (and Thaumcraft alone, no Thaumic Tinkerer) could possibly be balanced. I haven't actually played 1.7.10 Thaumcraft yet, so I'm not completely sure of the full scope of power that the new items have.

EDIT: Could be interesting to be in the middle of the war and suddenly be attacked by eldritch guardians XD

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
I think it would be interesting to bring in some magic mods depending on how the first battle goes. Of course nothing that could get you extremely powerful like Blood Magic. What I've seen from Thaumcraft (and Thaumcraft alone, no Thaumic Tinkerer) could possibly be balanced. I haven't actually played 1.7.10 Thaumcraft yet, so I'm not completely sure of the full scope of power that the new items have.

EDIT: Could be interesting to be in the middle of the war and suddenly be attacked by eldritch guardians XD

I have nothing against magic mods, I just think that Thaumcraft does not belong in a tech pack... but if thats what people want after the first battle we can definitely add it. ;) I want to see the wand thingy of nine hells used against a minigun. :)

smithy196

Jul 29, 2019
I have nothing against magic mods, I just think that Thaumcraft does not belong in a tech pack... but if thats what people want after the first battle we can definitely add it. ;) I want to see the wand thingy of nine hells used against a minigun. :)
That would be interesting.....

Looking at more mods :)
How about carpenters? Just for the looks
Stealth blocks mod
Maybe some sort of world gen mod to get cool terrain for bases?

Flans packs:
The world of tanks content pack for tanks ;)

Still looking at mods, pretty keen to have an awesome mod pack by next week!

Aldwyn007

Jul 29, 2019
This sounds like great fun. If possible I would like to join the server
My ign is Aldwyn007 but I am not comfortable in posting my email here, if possible I will send it to you when i am able.
Thanks ;)

dragonid1423

Jul 29, 2019
If we need a boats mod, Archimedes Ships mod would be awesome. And for the Tech theme, Buildcraft and maybe Galactic Craft? Not IC2 because of quantum armor.

smithy196

Jul 29, 2019
Secret rooms mod?
Yeah, it adds hidden and disguised doors and stuff, make for hidden rooms and storage... ;)
Hm, that sounds like it would be good. Make for some interesting mechanics.
Yeah, that's what I thought
If we need a boats mod, Archimedes Ships mod would be awesome. And for the Tech theme, Buildcraft and maybe Galactic Craft? Not IC2 because of quantum armor.
I did consider mentioning archimedes, but my only concern would be whether our map allows it? If there is lots of ocean then it would be awesome.
And thinking about it, stuff like quarries could be useful to get iron...
This sounds like great fun. If possible I would like to join the server
My ign is Aldwyn007 but I am not comfortable in posting my email here, if possible I will send it to you when i am able.
Thanks ;)
Got your conversation and replied ;)
Welcome to this community! Feel free to contribute ideas, mods, and stuff and things! :D

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Aldwyn007

Jul 29, 2019
A few good mods to include may be the Camo Suits mod, a jet pack mod and maybe galacticraft too? :)

Last edited:

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, what version is this pack running on?

For everyone else Secret Rooms mod sounds awesome. Ill add that along with tails and hats. I may add Mekansim for auto mining and ore processing, but remember this is only going to be a two week long world. Also if we all want we can add archimedes ships but atm there seems to be enough planes, and boats may not be terribly useful. But it is up to you all for the final say.

@Aldwyn007

Ig you start a conversation with me with the previously mentioned info I'll put you down on the whitelist. :) We are almost full![DOUBLEPOST=1414681966][/DOUBLEPOST]
That would be interesting.....

Looking at more mods :)
How about carpenters? Just for the looks
Stealth blocks mod
Maybe some sort of world gen mod to get cool terrain for bases?

Flans packs:
The world of tanks content pack for tanks ;)

Still looking at mods, pretty keen to have an awesome mod pack by next week!

Unfortunately WOT has not updated to Flans 1.7.10 :([DOUBLEPOST=1414682992][/DOUBLEPOST]Also what do you all think of using tico to for melee weapons and such?

Last edited:
Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Ookami5875

Jul 29, 2019
Also what do you all think of using tico to for melee weapons and such?
I would try to avoid Tinker's. It's really easy to end up with some powerful weapons. A rapier that ignores armour and can get up to 20 attack damage is terrifying. Also, cleavers at 40 attack damage can be scary. If there are rules saying only 1 quartz upgrade then it could be a possibility. Just hurts a bit that there would need to be regulations.

EDIT: Then again, I'm not sure of the power of the guns. If they are easy to kill someone with then maybe melee weapons would be okay being powerful. If someone gets close to you like that, maybe you deserved the death :p

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
I would try to avoid Tinker's. It's really easy to end up with some powerful weapons. A rapier that ignores armour and can get up to 20 attack damage is terrifying. Also, cleavers at 40 attack damage can be scary. If there are rules saying only 1 quartz upgrade then it could be a possibility. Just hurts a bit that there would need to be regulations.

EDIT: Then again, I'm not sure of the power of the guns. If they are easy to kill someone with then maybe melee weapons would be okay being powerful. If someone gets close to you like that, maybe you deserved the death :p

Yea, I thought of that. I guess its not a good idea. :p The nicer guns like a fity cal can kill in one hit to any body part. :) I thought that better melee might balance out the better guns, but it destroys the point of smgs and the like. Im going to miss my autosmelting hammer though. :3

Ookami5875

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, I thought of that. I guess its not a good idea. :p The nicer guns like a fity cal can kill in one hit to any body part. :) I thought that better melee might balance out the better guns, but it destroys the point of smgs and the like. Im going to miss my autosmelting hammer though. :3

If Mekanism is installed, it could probably be a somewhat replacement. The paxel can be a pretty good tool when enchanted and then the different materials you can make tools and weapons out of will add some variety.

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
If Mekanism is installed, it could probably be a somewhat replacement. The paxel can be a pretty good tool when enchanted and then the different materials you can make tools and weapons out of will add some variety.

Yea the atomic dissembler is the bomb! ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1414691504][/DOUBLEPOST]Alpha test pack and Flans content packs-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ly8fk57oja5el7r/FlyBoys1.0.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d043uekuk3nwh3s/FlyBoysFlansContentPacks.zip?dl=0

If anyone needs help with installation let me know. The pack is for 1.7.10. Also this is an alpha so report any bugs/crashes here. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1414692583][/DOUBLEPOST]Also if anyone wants to hop on a non-whitelisted test server-

Last edited:

smithy196

Jul 29, 2019
Yea the atomic dissembler is the bomb! ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1414691504][/DOUBLEPOST]Alpha test pack and Flans content packs-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ly8fk57oja5el7r/FlyBoys1.0.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d043uekuk3nwh3s/FlyBoysFlansContentPacks.zip?dl=0

If anyone needs help with installation let me know. The pack is for 1.7.10. Also this is an alpha so report any bugs/crashes here. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1414692583][/DOUBLEPOST]Also if anyone wants to hop on a non-whitelisted test server-

Awesome! I'll give it a go asap
Also, I thought that when I looked at the Fland content packs list that at least one of the tank packs is 1.7.10?
Possibly the WOT alpha pack or something?

Anyway thanks for your work![DOUBLEPOST=1414693111][/DOUBLEPOST]Also just wondering, does this run for 2 weeks then end? Or after 2 weeks is the world reset and then we continue? Or after 2 weeks is this just continued?

Last edited: