-Flyboys FTB Server Applications are Open for 10 more! (Modded PVP Battle)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

smithy196

Jul 29, 2019
Modlist for Fly Boys so far (1.7.10 latest versions)-

MC-Heli

Schematic

NEI

Mapwriter

SmartMoving

InvTweaks

Flans Mod (Modern weapons, simple parts, and titans)

Artifice

Multiple cores+libs

Anything else you think would be good?

Server Opening November 7! First battle will be on the 21! (Two weeks prep.)
Maybe some of the mods from the Voltz pack? Like the ICBM mod (for the missles)
Dynamic lighting would be cool but.... dunno if it would fit the Fly Boys style.
I see you have Mapwriter but I suppose that JourneyMap could be used if you experience issues.

Otherwise I think that this is pretty cool and I am looking forward to battle!

Last edited:

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe some of the mods from the Voltz pack? Like the ICBM mod (for the missles)
Dynamic lighting would be cool but.... dunno if it would fit the Fly Boys style.
I see you have Mapwriter but I suppose that JourneyMap could be used if you experience issues.

Otherwise I think that this is pretty cool and I am looking forward to battle!

I dont think ICBM has been updated yet. :( Anyone know another good missile mod? Dynamic lighting seems to cause a lot of FPS problems for people unfortunately. :( I just personally like Map-writer players can use whatever they like. :) Also these mods are awesome! MC-heli and Flans are two of the coolest mods I have seen in a while. :D I'll try to release a simple folder with the mods so far for yall to test out.

smithy196

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh that's a shame........ I'll have a look for some other mods.
And yeah just saw episode 3 SoF and episode 6 FB and gotta love those mods!!!!!

smithy196

Jul 29, 2019
Just had a look, and ICBM has been discontinued, but the code is open source so anyone with experience can update. People are updating it now, but it might have to wait :(

And I can not see any other missile mods...

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Razer ID?

For Razer Comms we are going to use that to communicate the rules and such on opening day, and maybe for the battle.

Just found this, Sounds AMAZING! Is there a Clear way to sign up? It seems the way was thrown around abit

Ill start a conversation with you with what you need to send. Also to reiterate it for anyone else-

Start a conversation with me with the following info-

IGN

Razer Comms ID (RazerID)

Email[DOUBLEPOST=1414591014][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well, time to head down to Mods R Us, and see what they got. I'll drive!
lolz If you could find one that would be awesome. I did not see anything for 1.7.10. :(

Also Flans mod now has grenade launchers..... :) That must be new.

john boyle

Jul 29, 2019
I would prefer just to keep what ever mods Bdoulbleo and them use but i was gonna let you know there is already a working pack that uploaded on the technic launcher 2 days ago and Its called FlyBoys Modpack or something of the sort and its picture is a heli with all of the 6 names on it.

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
I would prefer just to keep what ever mods Bdoulbleo and them use but i was gonna let you know there is already a working pack that uploaded on the technic launcher 2 days ago and Its called FlyBoys Modpack or something of the sort and its picture is a heli with all of the 6 names on it.

Eh, honestly Bdubs pack is quite small and does not have what I wanted exactly. Also at least for this server I think Im going to build my own pack. Also anyone know a good mod for gunpowder? We are going to need a whole bunch. Soul shards reborn looks pretty good. :)

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
I would love to join if you would have me![DOUBLEPOST=1414595480][/DOUBLEPOST]
I downloaded this but how do i PLAY it?

I am not working on SOF so I dont know... I am doing the FB server though and for that I will start a conversation with you.

smithy196

Jul 29, 2019
Eh, honestly Bdubs pack is quite small and does not have what I wanted exactly. Also at least for this server I think Im going to build my own pack. Also anyone know a good mod for gunpowder? We are going to need a whole bunch. Soul shards reborn looks pretty good. :)
I don't think that Bdubs realeased the pack he uses, it says in his descriptions that it is not for redistrubution.

What do they use for gunpowder on the Fly Boys pack? I see they do a charcoal + glowstone, do you want to use that one?

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
That is a default with Flans I think. It seems like a slow way though... For instance one clip of minigun ammo takes a stack of gunpoweder. :p In a SSP world with Soul Shards I had over 3 million gun powder... :) idk we may not need a ton but still.

smithy196

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah if that is the case it is probably worth doing. For the minigun :p

What time in UST on the 7th? Cause I live in NZ so it might be the 8th for me.

dragonid1423

Jul 29, 2019
That is a default with Flans I think. It seems like a slow way though... For instance one clip of minigun ammo takes a stack of gunpoweder. :p In a SSP world with Soul Shards I had over 3 million gun powder... :) idk we may not need a ton but still.
Maybe a mod that adds sulfur? Im not sure of any, but I know they are out there. Also a personal favorite of mine, probably not fitting, Traincraft.

EDIT: Found the mod, The mod with the best integrated sulfur is Railcraft.

eddie9910

Jul 29, 2019
Hello there I would love to be a part of this experience, my ign is eddie9910 ,just a quick question I found the "unnoficial fly-boys"[DOUBLEPOST=1414616626][/DOUBLEPOST]mudpack on the technic launcher will this still work on this server?
soz for the two part question my computer restarted in the middle

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe a mod that adds sulfur? Im not sure of any, but I know they are out there. Also a personal favorite of mine, probably not fitting, Traincraft.

EDIT: Found the mod, The mod with the best integrated sulfur is Railcraft.

Sulfur is definitely an option, but it still doesn't give a ton. :(
Hello there I would love to be a part of this experience, my ign is eddie9910 ,just a quick question I found the "unnoficial fly-boys"[DOUBLEPOST=1414616626][/DOUBLEPOST]mudpack on the technic launcher will this still work on this server?
soz for the two part question my computer restarted in the middle

No, this server is going to be a custom pack made by me and emailed out when done.
Would love to join, is this a survival?

Yes this will be a SMP Modded Battle Server. To get white-listed refer to my older post. :D[DOUBLEPOST=1414618494][/DOUBLEPOST]
This sounds awesome. Count me in if theres places :D

Start a conversation with me containing-

Your IGN

Your Razer ID (http://www.razerzone.com/comms)

And an email account by which I can email you the pack. ;)

Niko_Bellic_3

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism for weapons, the sulfur crafting Is from artifice and Thaumcraft you can automate sulfur. could we add AE2 by chance, it'd make it a bit easier and harder in certain aspects.