Ferg's Fortified city

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Well maybe if I get in a writing mood I'll write up someone more along those line for you if you want a back story of this whole thing.

I been playing RPGs since I was 8 that is 31 years of pulling story and plots out of my ass. I tend to be the guy that ends up as the GM since no one else wants to or noone else wants to buy/read the books. So yeah it is almost second nature for me to come up with narratives on the spot.

I've never played that many RPGs (at least, not in real life, mostly online with my nerdy nerd friends sniffling and crying. As Morgs tends to say, that was a joke.)

I love books, and I've played a couple MMOs and I love just reading storylines for games I'm never gonna play. All my stuff tends to be metrically retarded though.

If you write something I will then I will to.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Actually, I had a somewhat similar head-canon...

Basically, for my LP, which will be a psudo-RPish type LP, the VP character (me) was a multi-dimensional engineer working on a project when Something Went Wrong(tm). The Nether (known formally as Dimension 16:1 Tesser) was originally found by the first successful multi-dimensional project. At that point, glowstone and other nether materials were industrialized and became valuable resources.

Not content with that success, scientists are trying to break into a higher 'band' of dimension. They've already met with some success, as you have Tesseracts which also run on this 'frequency', although the precise frequency is tunable, but now they want to go there. This is, of course, the End.

The Endermen, however, are xenophobic omnicidal beings and do not want us going there. So they have hatched a plan to obliterate us all. The endermen you run into are either scouts or espionage experts, however the composition of our world is vastly different from theirs, so they don't always know what they should be messing with for maximum effect. However, they've also created the Ender Egg which they plan to hatch into an EnderDragon. Then they will wait for a portal to be opened, and the EnderDragon will go through and destroy our civilization!

However, there's another monkey-wrench thrown in here. Some other unknown third party sabotaged the plan. Was this third party trying to protect us from ourselves? Is it simply an imp of bad luck, a servant of Murphy come to plague us? Or is there some other intent behind the sabotage?

So the VP character ended up present when the whole project Went Wrong, and woke up... on a beach.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Ok... Shoop does some lame creative writing is go.

Before this age of rebirth there a realm before it. A violent place lorded over by Pigmen who enslaved or killed all that fell under their gluttonous eyes. This age of oppression lasted for countless generations. But the Pigmen’s lust for power knew no bounds. They sought to crack the very world itself and exhume from it all of its treasures and bounty. The two tribes of this world the Testificates and the Humans rose up to stop this madness. The Testificates fell first not being well skilled in much of anything they were enslaved and put to work cracking the spine of the world for their Pigmen overlords. The Humans fought for decades trying to slow the Pigmens plans and stop what they thought would be the death of their world. But it was not as fate had planed. The Humans were wiped to but a single man and there at the heart of the world he stood willing to give his last breath to save the world but was helpless and the spine of the world was finally cracked.

The world flew apart as blackness poured forth and a legion of shadows begain striping the world apart. It was all the last man could do to hold on as the world fell apart around him and even the sun and moon were put out like one puts out a candle. But he this desperate moment he saw beyond this hole in the world and something called out to him. Maybe it was madness but he knew his only hope was a leap of faith. And with that he plunged head first into this wound in reality.

All was black... no that is not the best way to explain that. All was without. He fell through the nothingness and he could hear the chaos behind him fading away. And strangely he felt at peace. He could almost see outside of it all. He saw the Pigmen all of them slayed but not allowed the peace of death. He saw what was left of the world stripped now to its burning core and the old overlords left there to rot. He saw the Testificates falling into the hole in the world behind him as the Shadow from the end had no quarrel with them.

He awoke on a grassy field as if from a dream. It took a few moments for him to collect himself. He realized it was not a dream and this field was not his old world but something new. He had to do something. There was something nagging at him that needed to be done and he could not remember what it was.

But he was alone...

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, since Saice did one I shall make good on my promises. I'm a godawful storyline creator.

The ancient peoples of The Overworld were intelligent. Many species were taken and abducted for this research and it stripped the world of many kinds of trees and plants.

One species was the squid, they attempted to add intelligence to it, as they and the Humans had. But the mutations had little intelligence and died often. They were called Testificates.

The next foray into genetics caused an abomination as the Peoples needed a explosive powder for their mining trips. They used what they had on hand; A particular kind of plant that grew quickly and loved the night. This plant was oft eaten by cats for some reason. The other part of this mutation was pigs. The result was a dry, crunchy creature that exploded violently. They were bred and harvested for their gunpowder, they did make a lot of noise, so they were developed not to make any sounds, in hindsight, that was a bad idea.

The Peoples were sad for the pigs and turned some into happy folks known as "Pigmen" as they used Human DNA rather than The Peoples DNA. They were much more intelligent, and were used as cheap labor. They oft coexisted beside the Testificates.

Now, The Peoples were quite magical, and decided the Testificates needed protection in the form of Iron Golems and created an Animation Spell.

This spell killed off many Pigmen, but the Pigmen were angry at The Peoples, and so they traversed to a dark place known not even to the Peoples, but called the Nether.

The Peoples decided to move their research of that sort to a Dimensional Limbo. However, an experiment went horribly wrong and they hatched a dragon. This dragon was capable of destroying ground and turning it to dimensional energy. This started to collapse the Limbo, and they erected Pillars to keep their realm up. This also protected the Dragon, because the poor thing was simply scared but protected the Peoples from the hatred of the Humans. But the Peoples were warped. That is why one finds Endermen near tears in reality, for they need energy to patch up their realm.

Humans and the rest of the Peoples slayed each other off in anger, because Humans realized what the Peoples had done to the world.
Ghasts are sad and innocent Peoples, and Blazes are evil Humans/Peoples, and Spawners are Peoples magic. Maybe an intelligence storage locker of sorts.

The Wither is a copy of that Animation Spell and Wither Skeletons are Humans, that did forays into the Nether (harvesting Nether Materials.) the Snow Golems are also a copy of that. Not many humans are left, and only Zombie Pigmen (trying to kill The Peoples, humans and pretty much anyone now. They're a bit warped.) are left of the Pigmen.

Also Endermen take blocks trying to repair things and energy reasons

The Void is just a lack. Some say it's how the Endermen can tele some say, no it's not.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
I have this tendency to use first-person narratives so here comes mine (this time, either FTB Ultimate or ShneekeyCraft):

What. The. Fuck.
The only words that I remembered that early day were "It's going to explode! Get out of there!"
Ender crash, tesseracts...
Apparently some third party manipulation ruined everyone's plan. The rocket to leave the Earth and reach the End was being fueled with fuel when it suddenly exploded. The tesseract threw ender pearls in every direction, crashing and spilling more oil, that burnt even more.
A second explosion happened near the wormhole that portaled through another dimension.
Fuck.
I was sucked, the whole world was turned into empty space, and thrown in the void.
In a last resort I threw a random Ender Pearl at a secondary wormhole. If I could stop them from creating more, I would - there were already three, and if any opened, our world would blow up.
Stopping the process, I found myself in another dimension.
There was already the Second Dimension, nicknamed Project N.E.T.H.E.R., or NorthEastTerraformingHighlyExposedRandom - it seemed preety random.
This one was greeny and all that stuff.
I couldn't advance any further.
Suddenly I heard a noise. Block breaking. Dirt breaking, to be exact.
There was this Human (how did he even...) that dominated some basic things.
Good.
I'll point him to our world to free us from the Evil Dragon of Death and Destruction.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
you guys are great LOL these are some neat and hilarious stories. Thanks they are all pretty good. great now my line of text looks sad LOL

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
Ok after thinking about it I decided to create my back story for this build (Caution wall of text)

The year was 2233 and the world was in the mists of a biological/nuclear stand. Each country had weapons poised for nuclear war, It was an inevitable consequence of world hunger and power hungry industrialist. It was tense quiet period I was working at a cry-o center as an engineer. I had a cry-o tube as did a select few in each area so that in case of world destruction the human race would survive. Many genetic companies sold genetic seriums to the population claiming that a person could survive the apocolyps if it should happen. I remember the day the world ended their were massive explosions and mushroom clouds and other biological radiations were fired upon us. Me and my colleuges watched in horror from the windows of our lead lined building of what transpired. Many of the people were killed instantly while others injected the various seriums into themselves. Many of thos seriums didn't work while those that did mutated the population horribly. Some were disfigured and had their mentality greatly reduced. Some looked like corpses long in the grave and seemed to crave human flesh. I watched some have their skin melted off like wax off a candle and to my horror they still lived and had unnerveing accuracy as their hate fueled bodies attacked those not deformed. Even more melted into a glob of glue yet still lived. Then the radiation hit. It mostly affected spiders and snakes. The spiders grew to a monstrous size and attacked everything that move while the snakes were an even stranger abomination. the snakes grew legs and stood upright their bodies swelling with radiation. The snakes randomly exploded but once they stopped they only exploded near humans they viewed as threats.
We watched as our world imploded upon itself with such hostility but that was not the worst that was to come. Suddenly we watched as tears appeared in the fabric of space. I looked with horror as one world was a picture of one of dante's vision of hell. While another gave substance to shadows and I saw reptilian eyes watch us with such malece and hate. the creatures that poured from them were strange and extremely hateful. The last rip contained a world that looked at peace until I saw creatures right out of greek mythology appear and add to the utter mayhem. The last thing I saw were colorful balls of light and some people looked to them with hope but they were wrong. Many shot lightning and killed scores of people and creatures. some went into people and caused them to grow as big as skyscrapers. While others bulged with muscles and strength far greater than any one person had a right to be. All this happened in a matter of minutes we decided to race to the cry-o chambers and begin the freezing of those of us that had tubes. the last I saw was a large explosion just before the cry-o set in. at the time I hoped others had survived as I replayed that hour over and over in my head during cry-o sleep....
When I finally awoke I say the last viseages of the cryo evaporating off my skin. The world had returned to a natural state and was taken over once more my living trees and grasses. I look around and see pigs,chickens,cows, and sheep had survived. I assumed it was due to all the genetic breeding that caused them to survive. I am alone but I hope others have survived I will look for them and offer what protection I can for I can only assume the creatures of darkness still exist. I feel that some magic has survived and maby I can figure out how to use it for myself. I know longer now how long its been since my cry-o sleep but I will not worry about it so for now today is only day 1.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Your story is preety cool, Ferg.
I love how all of ours involve post-apocalyptic worlds, from devils to a failed rocket to nuclear explosions to bio-serums that mutate people horribly...
It's crazy, isn't it?

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
Your story is preety cool, Ferg.
I love how all of ours involve post-apocalyptic worlds, from devils to a failed rocket to nuclear explosions to bio-serums that mutate people horribly...
It's crazy, isn't it?

Half the fun of minecraft is you not only make your own world you can create your own story :D

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
One of my stories involved a universe vortex (similar to Doctor Who's time vortex), a storm, a boat, and two hundred liters of bile.
You don't want to ask where the bile came from.

Reactions: fergcraft

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
So today I wanted to do some building of my city well FTB decided it wasn't going to cooperate today. Hoping my world isn't corrupted because I was really enjoying building it. In other news I became an official RR ssp beta tester a couple of days ago and It was fighting me got that worked out today and here are some shots of my first day in my RR world I'm hoping to do my LP their but if my world is corrupted I will have to start over with RR. If the worst happens I'm hoping not because I had so many plans for that world. I will try again tomorrow so cross your fingers.

LOL frozen water trees couldn't quite figure out what they were
20130611214408.png

Some friendly snow golems that just wanted to say HI!!!
20130611214852.png

My first ars magica building man is it derpy
20130611214455.png

Hi saice oh wait your an imposter sent to spy on me
20130611214907.png

Just a cool waterfall world gen
20130611215100.png

Wheat err barley for days :D
20130611215200.png

AHHHHHH!!!!!! Attack of the flying derpy squid
20130611215218.png

A new friend :D
20130611215816.png

I feel like lambert
20130611215853.png

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Hey... Freg.... Do you by chance have a place you can host a sig that was made for you?

Just asking

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks and I didn't realize what saice ment. I thought he ment a private website because I do use imageshack for my pics. It was also first thing this morning when I answered and I am usually only half awake.