Ferg's Fortified city

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
So sadly to say my world is corrupt so I am looking for a new location in which to build but I did find this. It cheered me up a little.

flowersd.png

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
do you know what happened?

I'm not quite sure but I read it as a java error and re installed java just to check because it freezes loading the world.[DOUBLEPOST=1371127916][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm not quite sure but I read it as a java error and re installed java just to check because it freezes loading the world.

once I re installed java got RR to work but not my shneekey pack

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
So I have been gathering resources to start over again :( have some cool new Ideas but Need more resources so heres some pics

so I wondered how much material could I get from one of these ars buildings. I didn't excavate this one yet since its my temporary home till I finish moving everything.
6ox.png

one large backpack full of ars goodness minus the desk thingy, cauldron, and potion stand since I grabbed them already.
8pe.png

as I excavated I found a secret chest of more secret goodness :D
w7r.png

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Am I the only one that smiles at "Shneekey"
It was a nickname I got out at RenFaires. I had a couple of friends who were always spooked whenever I walked up behind them, and they started calling me that. It kinda stuck. It was later extended to 'the lost' because I've been known to get lost going home from a place I spend nearly as much time at on a route I've traveled daily for years, which happens to be an interstate and thus largely a straight line.

Reactions: fergcraft

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
It was a nickname I got out at RenFaires. I had a couple of friends who were always spooked whenever I walked up behind them, and they started calling me that. It kinda stuck. It was later extended to 'the lost' because I've been known to get lost going home from a place I spend nearly as much time at on a route I've traveled daily for years, which happens to be an interstate and thus largely a straight line.

Happens to the best of us :D

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
So finally found a spot and started to build and this time bigger and more crazy :D

First off found this island thats pretty epic but didn't realize how many they were since my computer likes me to play on normal resolution. Don't worry I'm going to remove the ars building but this is were my base will be. The city will be on the other side
5870.png

Starting of the bridge
xzg.png

Not quite done have to finish harvesting the second tower for more flooring
5mh.png

The other side were my bridge ends and my city will begin :D
7xb.png

and if I need oil I think I'm covered so I can start powering things and stuff
tpp.png

and finally a funny chicken because
vc5.png

Reactions: KirinDave and Saice

Dare2Win

Jul 29, 2019
heh heh, still not nearly as much oil as I have right by my base. That still should have you covered for now

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
well today I finally finished the floor of the bridge and got started clearing some trees since I have a lot of forest to clear and I had a couple of force mitts.

here's the results of clearing with the force mitts which are awesome because they take out a large chunk of Leaves.
eylq.png

Heres what I got for stuff from this bit I also used 4 force mitts for this.
7l2.png

well since most of my builds are going to be stone I didn't think I needed more wood at the moment so I decided to try some ars magica because well the force mitts were a bit time consuming and I would like to get building and just the general layout done. here's what I've been up to now :D
oyo.png

while exploring for more of those blue flowers for the stone dohickies I made a new friend.
zpw.png

turns out fire is not his friend and skeletons liked to harass me but I got some stuff in the end
fk.png

found this derp in my test world made me LOL
hjea.png

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
So finally getting to building something since I haven't really found an easy way to remove all the dam trees. I decided that I would start building the armored mini fort that would lead into the bridge to my Island fortress.

the first leveled layout
ampi.png

from the other side
vt3a.png

one side
aan.png

other side
fhj.png

one sexy entrance
uy8.png

and what I have so far till I go mining for more stone since I have some cracked stone and more mossy but I am going to save it to give it a more weathered and has been attacked and survived a few times look.
q2v.png