Feed the Beast vs Tekkit?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dreamer1986

Jun 13, 2014
I have to agree. OK, boring it is not, but it feels incomplete. I started out my current world with the DW20 pack because I felt overwhelmed by the many mods I didn't know anything about in Monster, but I wish I had started with Monster now and added Morph and AM2 rather than adding a dozen mods from Monster to my current setup.
Is it safe to add those two in Monster? At least AM2?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Is it safe to add those two in Monster? At least AM2?
I haven't tried it that way. Most likely there will be a few ID conflicts, like the potion ID conflicts I got when I added RotaryCraft to DW20. I suspect nothing major though.

Dreamer1986

Jun 13, 2014
I would really like to start playing, but there are still so many things unclear about all these packs...

I started a Direwolf 20 game, but after seeing huge hats on the back of horses, I just couldn't continue. Also the minimap didn't seem to work and I don't know how to fix it.

Monster is just too crowded, and I am afraid that things will not work properly eventually because of that. Also, it doesn't have AM2, that seems interesting.

Magic World 2 looks great, but Hexxit, even if its outdated, also looks pretty nice, even without the texture pack, and has some nice mods that add some neat stuff for adventuring.

Also, I still don't understand what's the difference between the Tech World 2 and Tekkit, or why Horizons can compare with them for a tech install.

Test Pack Please Ignore I can't install because it says in the title to ignore it, and I respect their request :p .

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't tried it that way. Most likely there will be a few ID conflicts, like the potion ID conflicts I got when I added RotaryCraft to DW20. I suspect nothing major though.
Universal configs. I believe the first few versions of the 164 modpack eyamaz messed up the universal configs in monster IIRC. Newer versions should have fixed that.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
2-3gb is good for ram dedication. other than that a simple mac laptop can run it
lol that's untrue.
I have read alot about TPPI but not sure where to start though, I'm hopeful for HQM to be added soon. And does TPPI require a monster PC to play with (by just looking at the mod list, I'm not sure if my PC can handle it)
Yes, it requires a monster PC.
Magic World 2 does indeed seem very interesting for me, especially with the Jadecat Mixpack Texture pack. But Hexxit, even though its a little outdated, has some mods that apparently make exploring more interesting, adding a lot of dungeon types, besides adding magic and weapon mods.

And you recommend Horizons, not Tech World 2, or Tekkit, for tech stuff?

And I see that a lot of you recommend Test Pack Please Ignore. But it says in the title to ignore it. Who am I to disagree? :D

Also, about ATLauncher... at first look, it seems that most of its mod packs focus on hardcore survival, not very appealing to me. The FTB and Tekkit Packs seem the most diverse and interesting, not being focused on masochism.
I thought the Jaded Mixpack is for Magic Farm 2, not Magic World?

I recommended Horizons because it still gives you some magic options, and doesn't have the stale tech mods.

TPPI is just a standard jumbo pack, like Monster :/

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I have read alot about TPPI but not sure where to start though, I'm hopeful for HQM to be added soon. And does TPPI require a monster PC to play with (by just looking at the mod list, I'm not sure if my PC can handle it)
Your PC does not have to be as strong as one that runs monster in my experience

Reactions: Mevansuto

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
lol that's untrue.

Yes, it requires a monster PC.

I recommended Horizons because it still gives you some magic options, and doesn't have the stale tech mods.

TPPI is just a standard jumbo pack, like Monster :/
My sister (who has a mac laptop) can in fact run it with no lag, so in my expirience, its true, just make sure its in good shape and has 2-3 gb dedicated and it SHOULD work (not will)

Reactions: Mevansuto

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Your PC does not have to be as strong as one that runs monster in my experience
It still requires a stupidly powerful computer.
My sister (who has a mac laptop) can in fact run it with no lag, so in my expirience, its true, just make sure its in good shape and has 2-3 gb dedicated and it SHOULD work (not will)
"Mac laptop" is not a computer, that is a set of computers with like 50 different models in it. You need to be more specific with what she has. I, for instance, have a Macbook, and can't run anything.

Also, stop thinking RAM determines performance...

Reactions: Padfoote

Dreamer1986

Jun 13, 2014

I saw in the launcher that it was compatible for Magic World 2 also, and also seems more fitting for a world of magic.

Anyway, after browsing the Forum, I've noticed Agrarian Skies that, even if is hardcore, seems quite interesting.

Also, MW2 will be updated to the last version, before migrating to 1.7? Or was it updated already? I've been on the forum two days, so I have no idea what are the latest news :p .

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Also, MW2 will be updated to the last version, before migrating to 1.7? Or was it updated already? I've been on the forum two days, so I have no idea what are the latest news :p .
I'm not sure. Honestly, I would take out the mods and update them all, if I were you.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
It still requires a stupidly powerful computer.

"Mac laptop" is not a computer, that is a set of computers with like 50 different models in it. You need to be more specific with what she has. I, for instance, have a Macbook, and can't run anything.

Also, stop thinking RAM determines performance...
its a macbookair[DOUBLEPOST=1402763897][/DOUBLEPOST]
its a macbookair
And I'm not saying it determines preformance, i am saying thats how much you need minimum to get it to even load for you. you could have a great computer but it wont load up if you have 1gb allocated(and i have tried).

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
its a macbookair[DOUBLEPOST=1402763897][/DOUBLEPOST]
And I'm not saying it determines preformance, i am saying thats how much you need minimum to get it to even load for you. you could have a great computer but it wont load up if you have 1gb allocated(and i have tried).
Again, there are a bunch of different Macbook Air models.

What you require to load =/= what others require to load

Reactions: Padfoote

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Well, lets get back on track after that small derailment. So it seems you are looking for a heavy magic and heavy adventure modpack. For that I do suggest maing your own pack because everyone has their own opinions on good magic mods and good exploration mods. Here are my suggestions
DartCraft
Thaumcraft
Ars Magica 2
Chocolate Quest (or Better Dungeons say it how you want)
Xenos Reliquary
Magical Crops
Witchery
These are all fun mods IMO.
If you want just an all around insane modpack that can be fun if you put a little effort into it i would suggest the madpack on the AT Launcher. Its insane but if that's what your into its perfect.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Well, lets get back on track after that small derailment. So it seems you are looking for a heavy magic and heavy adventure modpack. For that I do suggest maing your own pack because everyone has their own opinions on good magic mods and good exploration mods. Here are my suggestions
DartCraft
Thaumcraft
Ars Magica 2
Chocolate Quest (or Better Dungeons say it how you want)
Xenos Reliquary
Magical Crops
Witchery
These are all fun mods IMO.
If you want just an all around insane modpack that can be fun if you put a little effort into it i would suggest the madpack on the AT Launcher. Its insane but if that's what your into its perfect.

Guess which pack has all of these?

Yogscast Complete Pack & Resonant Rise.