Feed the Beast vs Tekkit?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
OK, I'm sorry, but i have never EVER heard of pheonix craft. WHAT IS IT?
facepalm4.gif

Look in his siggy...

Reactions: Padfoote

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Um. Who makes money? I know FTB doesn't make money. Does technic? I'm pretty sure they don't, cause Minecraft's and mod author's policies and all that. And that "war" ended ages ago.

I always disagree with this advice... Always. :p

Have you seen the latest EULA "discussions"? :D

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Themed packs like Magic World 2. Tech World 2 would be interesting if I enjoyed tech mods more. Also packs that add difficult challenges or dungeons, like Spice of Life and Better Dungeons. I've played so many jumbo packs in my modded Minecraft history that they just aren't fun anymore. I've been playing modded Minecraft for 3 years.

No, it's a jumbo pack, but I have gotten Better Dungeons, and other challenging mods to it so that it isn't just a jumbo pack.
True. I meant interesting, as in a lot of options to build weird and awesome contraptions using a lot of different mods, which is one of the benefits of a "Jumbo" pack. I personally like theme packs when I want to play minecraft, but if Im in a mood to build, or just have a ton of content becauase lolz, I use jumbo packs. And I just made no sense. And Im tired. -_-

Reactions: Mevansuto

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
its not that i haven't heard of it, its that i didn't know WHAT it was until now... even now all i know is that its a modpack, what launcher is it on? whats the point of the pack?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
its not that i haven't heard of it, its that i didn't know WHAT it was until now... even now all i know is that its a modpack, what launcher is it on? whats the point of the pack?

You know as much as I do at this point.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
It's a pack that a few of them have been putting together for a server. I don't know anything past that (I wasn't invited to help :().
you can go through screening if you want.
1.google docs, gideonseymour is working on permissions for FTB.
2.customized server and youtubeing pack.

it's currently getting a patch, striking is making the HO configs much easier.(imo we should get rid of it and add some stronger mobs mods)(I.E special mobs)

i'm paying for the server btw.not that anyone here cares.[DOUBLEPOST=1403052428][/DOUBLEPOST]that reminds me. gotta update my siggy.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
True. I meant interesting, as in a lot of options to build weird and awesome contraptions using a lot of different mods, which is one of the benefits of a "Jumbo" pack. I personally like theme packs when I want to play minecraft, but if Im in a mood to build, or just have a ton of content becauase lolz, I use jumbo packs. And I just made no sense. And Im tired. -_-
My problem with jumbo packs is they often have conflicting content. I'll use tree farms as an example. In Example Pack A you've got MFR, Steves Carts, and Forestry. All of these add tree farms. One could argue how powerful each of them are, but it is no doubt that MFR is certainly the best bang-for-buck. It is cheap, efficient, and not very power consuming. Now, generally, users will go for the easy route, or at least this is what I've noticed from my 1.5 years on these forums. I believe KirinDave expanded on this on reddit. He was talking about RotaryCraft, and how yes it is fun to set up, but most people will just build Mekanism machines because they are easy and efficient.

I'm just rambling now, TLDR: jumbo packs have a problem with conflicting content and features, often resulting in users using the easiest route.

Reactions: Tylor and Padfoote

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
My problem with jumbo packs is they often have conflicting content. I'll use tree farms as an example. In Example Pack A you've got MFR, Steves Carts, and Forestry. All of these add tree farms. One could argue how powerful each of them are, but it is no doubt that MFR is certainly the best bang-for-buck. It is cheap, efficient, and not very power consuming. Now, generally, users will go for the easy route, or at least this is what I've noticed from my 1.5 years on these forums. I believe KirinDave expanded on this on reddit. He was talking about RotaryCraft, and how yes it is fun to set up, but most people will just build Mekanism machines because they are easy and efficient.

I'm just rambling now, TLDR: jumbo packs have a problem with conflicting content and features, often resulting in users using the easiest route.
Meh, that's true. For me it depends on my goals in that world, if its to build an awesome base, I will go for the beast looking option over the easy one if they aren't the same. The same couldn't be said if my goal was just to have everything.

null123

Mar 27, 2014

Also turtles, if you have CC ;)

Reactions: SatanicSanta

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
You end up realizing that the differences are antics, and quite trivial. There might be a more optimized solution, that favours one mod. The answer to that situation is easy.

If all are equal, then just choose one. I have a tendency to stick with MFR, TE and AE for all my processing/automation/storage needs. I use these mods to assist in how I use others.