Feed the Beast vs Tekkit?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Um actually both FTB and Technic are businesses. Not for modpacks or mods. For t-shirts and such.
I was referring to FTB as the group of people, not the entity. I've been told by you, slow, vauthil, law, and a million and 6 other people that the FTB Team doesn't make money. I believe Nana told me that all FTB (business) money goes towards paying for servers and stuff.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Just like Phoenix-craft then?
giphy.gif

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I am curious, what packs do you consider interesting and why?
Themed packs like Magic World 2. Tech World 2 would be interesting if I enjoyed tech mods more. Also packs that add difficult challenges or dungeons, like Spice of Life and Better Dungeons. I've played so many jumbo packs in my modded Minecraft history that they just aren't fun anymore. I've been playing modded Minecraft for 3 years.
Just like Phoenix-craft then?
No, it's a jumbo pack, but I have gotten Better Dungeons, and other challenging mods to it so that it isn't just a jumbo pack.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Themed packs like Magic World 2. Tech World 2 would be interesting if I enjoyed tech mods more. Also packs that add difficult challenges or dungeons, like Spice of Life and Better Dungeons. I've played so many jumbo packs in my modded Minecraft history that they just aren't fun anymore. I've been playing modded Minecraft for 3 years.

No, it's a jumbo pack, but I have gotten Better Dungeons, and other challenging mods to it so that it isn't just a jumbo pack.
So if RR added Spice of Life you'd like it?

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
So if RR added Spice of Life you'd like it?
No. I tolerate PhoenixCraft because those mods are installed (not necessarily SoL, mostly Better Dungeons honestly). I enjoy PhoenixCraft because of the people on the server. There are also a lot of mods that aren't in PC, that are in RR, and vice versa. I can't remember exactly which ones, but I know there are, I just haven't played RR since it came out.

Dreamer1986

Jun 13, 2014
I understand, especially since Magic World 2 seems interesting for me as well, but I feel that it lacks some adventuring aspects that I think I would enjoy.

But, in general, since there is only a week since I discovered the modpack world, everything is very fresh. So a Jumbo Pack, as you call it, that gives me so many gameplay options, seems quite interesting.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you all for the advice. After several restless days thinking if I should play Tekkit or a FTB pack, I finally reached a decision...
Siggy'd :p

I am gonna play Resonant Rise from FTLauncher. It simply seems to have everything I want for now... But I can't wait to see how Agrarian Skies 3.0 and Magic World 3 will look :) .
Um, is there even an agrarian skies 2.0 yet?
And it is on the ATLauncher :p

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
In the end, there is but one, the blocks in the sky & she must be obeyed, all hail the dark Mistress (well Purple is kind of dark).