Feed The Beast Sphax Addon Pack

Tealover007

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys. I thought I'd just throw my two cents in.

This is just 64x, but comes with all the trimmings. Connected/Random Textures, animated, 80% of the mods in FTB (Including Twilight Forest, BiomesXL, MFFS, GraviSuite, Forestry, etc)

64x - anim'd
64x - no-anim

I'll update it when I can and I might bring it for 128x in time.

EDIT: I might actually try to patch a 128x TP right now. Gives me something to do until the session servers pop back on.

Download links seem to be overloaded. any chance someone has a mirror link?

monkey

Jul 29, 2019
ummm dose any 1 know when me try to run 128X sphax after the mojang screen my FTB or normal minecraft just shut down no error report no nothing D:

Jerx99

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having abit of an issue after installing this.

My fps gets really chunky and sits around 30 fps. This shouldn't really be a problem (sitting with a 4.5 GHz 2500k, 16 GB ram, SSD drive and a Gtx 690). I used to use this pack (128x) with tekkit before and had no issues, so the problem shouldn't be the hardware.

Is there anything else I need to install in order to use this properly?

Eric Martin

Jul 29, 2019
My fps goes to crap when I run the patch from bdcraft as well. I'll switch back to the x64 patch that's already been posted in this topic...

[UPDATE] Tried the x64 patch on top of the x256 Sphax base for 45 minutes and my fps are just fine. Not sure if it's my hardware or something wrong with the x128 pack, but things are looking good as they are for me now...

Daxamar

Nov 21, 2012
Somethings up with the patch. My fps takes a dive with it. Un-patched game is back to normal.

Jerx99

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I didn't have Optifine installed (this helped alot), but now I get stuttery movement (specifically when turning), even at 150+ fps.

Also, Optifine causes flickery trees. I guess I'll play with vanilla textures for a while longer

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I didn't have Optifine installed (this helped alot), but now I get stuttery movement (specifically when turning), even at 150+ fps.

Also, Optifine causes flickery trees. I guess I'll play with vanilla textures for a while longer

The flickering trees is caused when running Optifine in Multi-Core mode while your video card is set for Threaded Optimization. Disabling Threaded Optimization in your video card options will correct this.

Jerx99

Jul 29, 2019
The flickering trees is caused when running Optifine in Multi-Core mode while your video card is set for Threaded Optimization. Disabling Threaded Optimization in your video card options will correct this.

Ah, yes, I remember reading something about this. Will try later!

I still find it wierd that looking around/moving seems equally stuttery when I have 40, 60 or 150 fps.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
The FTB Sphax Texture Pack download is not all at 64x, just looking through it, Factorization Blocks are at 128. There might be others.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
There's a mixture, plus the gregtech ones, some textures are in the wrong place, looks like Greg changed the location of textures between patches .... that's why some packs are incomplete.

In the end I made my own gregtech textures...

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I'm sort of doing the same, using Misa as the foundation "natural" world, then sphax (or others) for machines, and then making Misa style textures for new ores, plants, etc, etc so all the natural stuff blends in. Works well (well, better then default :D)

Eric Martin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sort of doing the same, using Misa as the foundation "natural" world, then sphax (or others) for machines, and then making Misa style textures for new ores, plants, etc, etc so all the natural stuff blends in. Works well (well, better then default :D)

Any chance you'd share the file? Sounds right up my alley. I've been meaning to make my own pack and have before, but I can't be bothered to do it at this time. Especially while frequent updates for FTB and MC are coming currently...

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Well, I can't release a complete pack, as it's not all my work, but I was thinking of releasing a "resource sheet" that had the textures listed in it for people to replace the relevant texture in the mod texture pack they've downloaded. Just got to get Misa's permission. She gave me it for Tekkit, so shouldn't be an issue.
i.e. a sheet of all the ores, the ignots, etc in misa style.
Almost finished all of the ExtraBiomesXL textures, made a start on the TwilightForest terrain blocks. I can also make available complete texture files for the BC engines.

Screenshot of Ore blocks (had an lighting issue at the time)

LegitNeek

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all, sorry for my lack of updates or posts at all in this thread, I have had much to deal with irl in the way of housing and career but that should all be sorted and fine now. I am going to start work updating this pack a.s.a.p for the latest FTB release.

Once again, sorry for my lack of updates as I have not been able to get online in almost two months.