Extra Bees Genetic Engineering Guide

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
it's funny that the only ones crying "evolution is wrong we didn't evolve from monkeys!" are the ones with the IQ closest to that of monkeys

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Taking a book that's been translated that many times, and hand copied that many times literally is going to be the source of no end of trouble.

I've always said the most important word in the entire new testimate is "Parable" .

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
GPuzzle, you have been bamboozled. Evolution and Genesis cannot go together. Saying that there were millions of years of death before Adam and Eve and the first sin completely eradicates the need for Jesus. If there was no Genesis, why would we even have a Bible? What is your theory on Evolution and Genesis?
ICountFrom0, do remember that we have begun to find the original manuscripts of numerous books. The monks back in the Dark Ages: "If we get a single word wrong, we scrap the copy and start a new one!"
This was when the original manuscripts probably still existed. Also considering that the Jews copied down the Old Testament (with the same policies as the monks) and that most of the epistles were preserved a long time, the probability of any mistakes is very low.
Parables were used because Jesus knew that the people of the time did not want to hear the plain truth. So he made allegories. Those were the parables.
EDIT: I'm not going to hear another word of evidence for evolution until you read the first thing I asked you to read on page 7. 8th post on page 7.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, Whizz, but I'll put my theory here:
You know when you are very young, and the teachers tell the class they're going to plant beans in wet cotton and watch it grow?
That's kinda what God did.
The circunstances for the Big Bang to happen and start the Universe as we know it were so precise that there was a need for external preparation, or basically God's help.
And after the Earth as we know it appeared, several animals and plants appeared.
They evoluted until Adam and Eve, or as I like to call them, "the first Homo Sapiens".
So technically God created everything, but the "seven days" were the time he took to create the Big Bang.
You see that Jesus is actually God being tired of his more agressive form (ten plagues during Moses, worldwide flood during Noah...) and going on a more passionate form, someone that has the same feels as the humans, don't you?
Does Jesus mention anything about us not having evoluted from the same ancestor as monkeys?
No.
But Jesus taught a way of helping the one in need, of understanding the close one, of being helpful and caring about people, of compassion.
You're not doing that right now, so I believe your argument is invalid.
Whizz, try to see what are your mistakes.
Also, you're being one of the three things that piss me off.
They are:
Being a retarded moron.
Being a religious man that doesn't accept any other thing that isn't in his Holy Book.
Being an atheist that says that people who follow a religion are morons.
You are being the second one.

Reactions: jumpfight5

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Furthermore, I could deconstruct the entire religion of Christianity as being the worship of a man (whom might well have BEEN the Son of God, not trying to deny that) whose primary message (other than backing up the previous Prophets like supporting the Ten Commandments) was quite simple: Love Thy Neighbor.

It means 'you don't have to hate anymore'. It's not 'love thy neighbor... unless they follow a different religion', it's not 'love thy neighbor... unless they are a different color', it's not 'love thy neighbor... unless they come from a different nation'. It's simply "Love Thy Neighbor". Every act documented that he did furthered that. You don't have to hate someone who is crippled, lame, blind, a philistine, etc... we're all God's children.

So where did 'love thy neighbor' turn into 'smite the heathen'? Where did all the prejudice and hate come from?

Furthermore, are you trying to say that God couldn't create Evolution as a puzzle for us to figure out so we can get a very small step closer to realizing His plan for reality? Are you willing to categorically state that God is incapable of making the laws which govern what we consider 'reality' as a grand and glorious puzzle to encourage our intellectual development, much like a teacher gives a student a brain teaser to get the student to think creatively? It's a puzzle we're still working on. I happen to think that every step closer we get to finding out the ins and outs of the laws that govern reality, we get a step closer to truly knowing Him. Who knows, maybe He will meet us and welcome us home on the day we finally figure it out.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if there is a higher power or not, but I know for absolute certain that it isn't the one portrayed in any religious book written in any language to have ever existed on this Earth.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Lambert, you are one step away from being the third thing that piss the shit out of me off.
Considering you, I'll probably be pissed off anyway.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldnt go as far as to say believers are morons, but misguided certainly. If someone is shown the truth and still refuses to believe it, and instead sticks to their destructive dogma, THEN they are morons. But if someone has been brainwashed from birth to believe in this shit then no, they're not moronic to believe as thats all theyve ever known.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, Whizz, but I'll put my theory here:
You know when you are very young, and the teachers tell the class they're going to plant beans in wet cotton and watch it grow?
That's kinda what God did.
The circunstances for the Big Bang to happen and start the Universe as we know it were so precise that there was a need for external preparation, or basically God's help.
And after the Earth as we know it appeared, several animals and plants appeared.
They evoluted until Adam and Eve, or as I like to call them, "the first Homo Sapiens".
So technically God created everything, but the "seven days" were the time he took to create the Big Bang.
You see that Jesus is actually God being tired of his more agressive form (ten plagues during Moses, worldwide flood during Noah...) and going on a more passionate form, someone that has the same feels as the humans, don't you?
Does Jesus mention anything about us not having evoluted from the same ancestor as monkeys?
No.
But Jesus taught a way of helping the one in need, of understanding the close one, of being helpful and caring about people, of compassion.
You're not doing that right now, so I believe your argument is invalid.
Whizz, try to see what are your mistakes.
Also, you're being one of the three things that piss me off.
They are:
Being a retarded moron.
Being a religious man that doesn't accept any other thing that isn't in his Holy Book.
Being an atheist that says that people who follow a religion are morons.
You are being the second one.
This and the post before. True true true.
Unless some guy put an austrolipithicus (or however you spell em) in the ground to troll us all...

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
To state the truth, I don't believe anything about the Creation of the world except from the Bible. Had I never found places like Answers in Genesis which gave me evidence against evolution and for creation, I might have been believing in evolution right now. But I found evidence. I'm not just believing in Creation because the Bible says so (which most of you think I am, and therefore think I am stubborn and stupid), but because I found evidence. Not only evidence for Creation, but also against Evolution. I even gave you a page for evidence. If you do not read at least the thing I will tell you to read now, I will not answer one more question or statement. Read it, and then fight me.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/get-answers/topic/evolution
Go down to the interactive tab and select "Claimed Evidence for Evolution."
At least read that tab and all the subtabs in it.
Read whatever you want thereafter.
But at least read the tab or I won't answer anything more.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
To state the truth, I don't believe anything about the Creation of the world except from the Bible. Had I never found places like Answers in Genesis which gave me evidence against evolution and for creation, I might have been believing in evolution right now. But I found evidence. I'm not just believing in Creation because the Bible says so (which most of you think I am, and therefore think I am stubborn and stupid), but because I found evidence. Not only evidence for Creation, but also against Evolution. I even gave you a page for evidence. If you do not read at least the thing I will tell you to read now, I will not answer one more question or statement. Read it, and then fight me.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/get-answers/topic/evolution
Go down to the interactive tab and select "Claimed Evidence for Evolution."
At least read that tab and all the subtabs in it.
Read whatever you want thereafter.
But at least read the tab or I won't answer anything more.

I see that. You have your own beliefs, I have my own, Jump has his, Lambert has his, Shneeky has his...
The point is, nobody is respecting eachother's beliefs. And, as Shneeky said, Jesus' primary message was: "Love Thy Neighbor."
It doesn't matter if his different to you, he was also created by God. Does that mean that I am better than him, due to the fact that I am a Christian?
No.
Does that mean I, by applying science into religion, am better than you, who believes mainly in religion?
Also no.
Does that mean that you are better than Lambert, for belieng in Jesus?
Guess what? No.

The reason why the those three things I mentioned that piss me off effectively piss me off (and Lambert, by retarted morons I mean people with the maturity of a 11-year-old boy/girl) is because most of the time, they are fighting on who is better than the other for X reason or minimizing people with different beliefs (or opinions).
Honestly, now that I think of it, I shouldn't have entered this discussion about religion.
The point I'm trying to get here is:
Guys, can we please be civil and understand that other people's opinion and beliefs?

I said that to you back in the Refugee to Regent challenge, didn't I?
You guys are half-right half-wrong.
Whizz is right, he is defending his own belief, and I kinda admire him for that.
But Lambert is also right, with effectively showing facts that allow his theory to stand up.
So for God's sake, can you guys please just calm the fuck up and understand that you all are half-right and half-wrong?

EDIT: In the meantime, I'll be watching FLCL and getting some popcorn ready for round 2 on this page's religion discussion.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Not gonna bother reading through all the posts since i'm lazy like that, but i'll throw my opinion into the moshpit of opinions. I don't think god created the earth. I've never seen the scientific proof of God existing. Furthermore, I believe the Bible is a terrible moral compass. If anyone is interested I have links to an awesome website for all the Bible verses no one ever mentions.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think I am better than anyone else. We were all created equal.
I understand that Lambert is an Evolutionist. I am simply asking that he at least read my evidence and think about it. I read Evolutionists' evidence all the time. Then I find refutations for them.
I have facts that allow my theory to stand up, but you all refuse to read it.[DOUBLEPOST=1367620753][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not gonna bother reading through all the posts since i'm lazy like that, but i'll throw my opinion into the moshpit of opinions. I don't think god created the earth. I've never seen the scientific proof of God existing. Furthermore, I believe the Bible is a terrible moral compass. If anyone is interested I have links to an awesome website for all the Bible verses no one ever mentions.
Oh, Lambert showed all those to me. I gave a refutation for every one of them. If the verses are what I think they are, those laws were created for the Israelites, because they had to be purified and holy in order to be God's chosen people, the people Jesus would be a descendant of.