Extra Bees Genetic Engineering Guide

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
I, for once would have to side with that. Once, I was in a TS, and people kept referring to me as "she", and I got really upset and left.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Why did you bother writing about the deprecated (sequencer / splicer) genetic machines? The genepool and acclimatizer are useful but the genetic machines that you would actually use are the top tier ones.
Do remember that although the top tier ones are amazing, some may not be far enough in game to have the items for the Advanced Machines.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Do remember that although the top tier ones are amazing, some may not be far enough in game to have the items for the Advanced Machines.
Doesn't matter. The sequencer and splicer are still near useless. That's not to say you shouldn't mention them, but the first thing you should be pointing out about them is that their construction is a complete waste of time and resources: They only serve to slow down player's progress, they're no stepping-stone.

Also note that with the acclimitiser, I've found that just pouring in sand and ice will eventually bring all tolerances maxed out in all directions. Presumably the same is true for the other resources.

Reactions: Lambert2191

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. Like several times I've heard this on TS "Hey it's that girl from the forum!" "Where's she from?" "She's from the forum." I've usually left by that point. Also, I've been playing a lot of HL2 recently, so.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019

You probably don't understand what deprecated means: they're 'bad'. Useless. They don't work. At all. Creating them (or even knowing what they do) is a waste of time.

What people need to know (and you didn't put into your guide) is that you need royal jelly for the top tier machines so that you DO need to go into the Noble branch to produce it. And since you need pollen for alvearies you need to go into the industrial branch too.

So unfortunately this is a guide that just copies some information that's already available (the how) and doesn't give people the into they need (the why).

Reactions: Lambert2191

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, those bees are evolving, and considering he isn't willing to even play a challenge game that includes deities that isn't his lord and saviour jebus' crucifux it's quite surprising he likes the evolutionary nature of bees.

Reactions: Technician

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
It was getting annoying having everyone refer to me as she.
I know that pain. Except with people calling me "he". In the outernet. Because of the stupid life choices my chromosomes made 15 years ago, and the stupid life choices that I made when I ignored the things that my brain was saying.
Wait, what was I saying? Oh yeah. I like bees.

Sent from my phone using black magic

snooder

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, this guide ought to be more along the lines of:

1) Your first step in setting up a bee genetic engineering setup is to get Imperial bees. You will need them for royal jelly to make serum vials.
2) To get Imperial bees, follow this guide. -> link to normal bee breeding guide <-
3) While breeding Imperial bees, do steps 4-7.
4) Make a genepool
5) Start pouring excess drones into the genepool. Building a liquid DNA reserve will help get you started on breeding right away.
6) Set up a tank to hold Liquid DNA. It doesn't need to be too large, a 3x3x5 railcraft is probably enough for your needs.
7) Once you have imperial bees, make an Isolator, synthesizer, purifier, and inoculator. Do not make the replicator, it is useless. Do not make the tier machines, they are also useless.
8) You will also want a furnace nearby to turn used serum vials into new ones. Best strat is to put a TE powered furnace on the right side of the Isolator so it will pump directly into it. Then you can put a hopper or relay above to hold the used vials.
9) For the machines, you will need emeralds and ghast tears. Plan to get these ahead of time. (You may also put a parts list above the guide)
10) (This is where you explain how to use the machines)

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, this guide ought to be more along the lines of:

1) Your first step in setting up a bee genetic engineering setup is to get Imperial bees. You will need them for royal jelly to make serum vials.
2) To get Imperial bees, follow this guide. -> link to normal bee breeding guide <-
3) While breeding Imperial bees, do steps 4-7.
4) Make a genepool
5) Start pouring excess drones into the genepool. Building a liquid DNA reserve will help get you started on breeding right away.
6) Set up a tank to hold Liquid DNA. It doesn't need to be too large, a 3x3x5 railcraft is probably enough for your needs.
7) Once you have imperial bees, make an Isolator, synthesizer, purifier, and inoculator. Do not make the replicator, it is useless. Do not make the tier machines, they are also useless.
8) You will also want a furnace nearby to turn used serum vials into new ones. Best strat is to put a TE powered furnace on the right side of the Isolator so it will pump directly into it. Then you can put a hopper or relay above to hold the used vials.
9) For the machines, you will need emeralds and ghast tears. Plan to get these ahead of time. (You may also put a parts list above the guide)
10) (This is where you explain how to use the machines)

Don't forget the "build a boiler because the machines use craptons of power" step ;)

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, those bees are evolving, and considering he isn't willing to even play a challenge game that includes deities that isn't his lord and saviour jebus' crucifux it's quite surprising he likes the evolutionary nature of bees.
Incorrect. This is a flawed example of Evolution. These are not evolving into different kinds of animals, they are all simply bees.
Snooder:
I did think of adding important materials that would be needed beforehand.
You have persuaded me.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Incorrect. This is a flawed example of Evolution. These are not evolving into different kinds of animals, they are all simply bees.
Snooder:
I did think of adding important materials that would be needed beforehand.
You have persuaded me.
and when homo sapiens (that's us. Yay we're ALL Homo's! :D ) evolved from Cro Magnon man, we're both simply primates :)